My Review - Until Love do us Part - (13/6/17)
Until love do us Part - By Anna Premoli
3☆ Bickering and competition between two rivals.
When i requested Until love do us part, i was expecting a fun, light hearted read. The cover was fun and romantic ambience.
But I feel a little let Down.
Amalia and Ryan went to Yale Law School together.
They come from very different upbringing.
Amalia's family is very wealthy and Ryan is from larger poorer family.
So when Amalia and Ryan are up against each other on case they are working on, the tension between them bubbles.
Ryan and Amalia clash due to wealth.
Ryan doesn't like that Amalia comes from money and he makes he's feelings known alot! Ryan hates the fact he had to work more than one job to see him through Law School, where Amalia didn't.
This is what annoyed me, Ryan really did have a chip on he's shoulder about wealth and class. Which was made perfectly clear near enough the whole way through the book. He was arrogant, annoying, frustrating, nasty at times.
He just feels so intent on making Amalia's life a misery and a competition.
It got fairly tiresome towards the middle and I wanted to switch off.
So when the judge orders them to do community work together because of their tiresome sniping and getting one up on each other they are forced to try and deal with each other.
I just felt that was all the book was about, the constant battle between the two.
Not even sure why. It just went on a bit too long.
I was expecting fun flirtatious banter with a touch of sarcasm but it was lost on how bitter Ryan was.
I think it does have potential as the concept is great but it just needs to lighten up a little. There is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition but the snarky nastiness between the two was not fun.
I think this book would Definetly appeal to some readers.
3☆ Bickering and competition between two rivals.
When i requested Until love do us part, i was expecting a fun, light hearted read. The cover was fun and romantic ambience.
But I feel a little let Down.
Amalia and Ryan went to Yale Law School together.
They come from very different upbringing.
Amalia's family is very wealthy and Ryan is from larger poorer family.
So when Amalia and Ryan are up against each other on case they are working on, the tension between them bubbles.
Ryan and Amalia clash due to wealth.
Ryan doesn't like that Amalia comes from money and he makes he's feelings known alot! Ryan hates the fact he had to work more than one job to see him through Law School, where Amalia didn't.
This is what annoyed me, Ryan really did have a chip on he's shoulder about wealth and class. Which was made perfectly clear near enough the whole way through the book. He was arrogant, annoying, frustrating, nasty at times.
He just feels so intent on making Amalia's life a misery and a competition.
It got fairly tiresome towards the middle and I wanted to switch off.
So when the judge orders them to do community work together because of their tiresome sniping and getting one up on each other they are forced to try and deal with each other.
I just felt that was all the book was about, the constant battle between the two.
Not even sure why. It just went on a bit too long.
I was expecting fun flirtatious banter with a touch of sarcasm but it was lost on how bitter Ryan was.
I think it does have potential as the concept is great but it just needs to lighten up a little. There is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition but the snarky nastiness between the two was not fun.
I think this book would Definetly appeal to some readers.


Comments
Post a Comment