My Review - Ginny Moon (11/6/17)
Ginny Moon - By Benjamin Ludwig
5☆+ Utterly FANTASTIC- if there is one book to read this year then let it be Ginny Moon!!
I want to start by saying Ginny Moon is absolutely fantastic!
I also want to applaud Benjamin Ludwig for he's creative, inspiring, beautiful and honest writing.
I want to also mention that I have worked with children with Autism so for me this book was very special and much needed. I am so glad Ginny Moon had been written and it swells my heart.
Benjamin creates the inner most thoughts feelings and confusion Ginny faces on a regular basis. Her need for routine and time keeping and her need to express her self when she goes into Ginny's brain is cleverly written.
The way Ginny reacts to change and the understanding of the world is beautifully written.
Ginny Moon is now living in her forever home with adoptive parents.
After several attempts to settle in with other homes she has finally found a home she is comfortable and feels Safewith.
However a massive change is about to rock Ginny's world and spiral her into a change she may not be ready for
Ginny is lucky, she has a great support worker who works with her family and Ginny. Ginny has built up a close bond with her and she trusts her which is so very very important.
Ginny' s forever Mother is about to give birth and Ginny is having a tough time adjusting as it is unearthing some memories for Ginny, that her family don't understand.
Ginny's Mum was abusive and had alot of issues. So she is no longer aloud to ever see Ginny.
However Ginny is desperate to 're connect with her mother. These reasons will be explained. I can't divulge these as it will ruin the fantastic story line.
But Ginny becomes very artful and clever in finding ways to contact her mother. But her actions have consequences which Ginny is unable to understand as she just has one goal and one goal only!
I absolutely loved Ginny, she is a little star and her journey throughout this book is incredible.
Her forever parents, particularly the Dad was so understanding and patient. He really was the glue that held he's family together.
Ginny's forever Mum could come across as selfish and irrational. But I could feel her pain. She was sinking into depression of being a new Mum and a Adoptive parent.
But please stick with her because she will surprise you.
For me the shock twist was really intriguing and kept me guessing. But I had my suspicions. Due to the way this book is written you are literally hanging on right till the end to get answers!
Ginny Moon is written entirely as Ginny's point of view. There is no other way this emotional, captivating, beautiful book could of been written.
You are literally going to experience what it is like for Ginny and the reasons behind her thoughts and actions.
I really can't put this into words to say how brilliant and clever this book is.
If there is one book you read this year.... let it be Ginny Moon!!!
5☆+ Utterly FANTASTIC- if there is one book to read this year then let it be Ginny Moon!!
I want to start by saying Ginny Moon is absolutely fantastic!
I also want to applaud Benjamin Ludwig for he's creative, inspiring, beautiful and honest writing.
I want to also mention that I have worked with children with Autism so for me this book was very special and much needed. I am so glad Ginny Moon had been written and it swells my heart.
Benjamin creates the inner most thoughts feelings and confusion Ginny faces on a regular basis. Her need for routine and time keeping and her need to express her self when she goes into Ginny's brain is cleverly written.
The way Ginny reacts to change and the understanding of the world is beautifully written.
Ginny Moon is now living in her forever home with adoptive parents.
After several attempts to settle in with other homes she has finally found a home she is comfortable and feels Safewith.
However a massive change is about to rock Ginny's world and spiral her into a change she may not be ready for
Ginny is lucky, she has a great support worker who works with her family and Ginny. Ginny has built up a close bond with her and she trusts her which is so very very important.
Ginny' s forever Mother is about to give birth and Ginny is having a tough time adjusting as it is unearthing some memories for Ginny, that her family don't understand.
Ginny's Mum was abusive and had alot of issues. So she is no longer aloud to ever see Ginny.
However Ginny is desperate to 're connect with her mother. These reasons will be explained. I can't divulge these as it will ruin the fantastic story line.
But Ginny becomes very artful and clever in finding ways to contact her mother. But her actions have consequences which Ginny is unable to understand as she just has one goal and one goal only!
I absolutely loved Ginny, she is a little star and her journey throughout this book is incredible.
Her forever parents, particularly the Dad was so understanding and patient. He really was the glue that held he's family together.
Ginny's forever Mum could come across as selfish and irrational. But I could feel her pain. She was sinking into depression of being a new Mum and a Adoptive parent.
But please stick with her because she will surprise you.
For me the shock twist was really intriguing and kept me guessing. But I had my suspicions. Due to the way this book is written you are literally hanging on right till the end to get answers!
Ginny Moon is written entirely as Ginny's point of view. There is no other way this emotional, captivating, beautiful book could of been written.
You are literally going to experience what it is like for Ginny and the reasons behind her thoughts and actions.
I really can't put this into words to say how brilliant and clever this book is.
If there is one book you read this year.... let it be Ginny Moon!!!

Comments
Post a Comment