My Review - Obsession - (20/5/17)

Obsession - By Amanda Robson


4☆ Gripping and addictive

When I read the blurb of Obsession I wasn't too sure what to expect.

What I did find was that the characters, to be honest are very unlikable....but I do believe this is the exactly how the Author wanted you to perceive them.
 They are not characters you are meant to like. You will understand more if you have the chance to read this book.

I also found the story in general made me feel uneasy if not at times uncomfortable which is exactly what a great physiological thriller should do!



Now if your partner asked you honestly...... Who else would you go for if you could?... in a sexual context.... would you answer truthfully??
Would you expect the answer to be given truthfully??

Well when Carly asks her husband Rob.... she gets a completely honest answer that is about to rock their world!
Potentially destroying all that is good!

This story is about 4 people 2 couples/ friends ....deceipt,lies,revenge, affairs infatuation, lust.
It also touches on addiction,alcoholism, mental health and religious beliefs.

The story is written in first person and is told by each of the four people and their innermost thoughts and feelings.
Which at times can be a little too intimate!... you have been warned!
The chapters are short but the book is long.
However it packs a whole lot of twists, turns, suspense, drama and sex.

This book is cleverly written and keeps the reader on edge the whole way through!
It really pushed the boundaries of relationships and obsessions making the reader feel uncomfortable at times but completely absorbed.

It's so hard to imagine a book where you are so addicted with the story yet the characters are so unlikable.
But as I mentioned before I believe Amanda has done this for a reason, it adds to the drama of the story.

This book does contain some very sensitive subjects and lots of sexual themes so approach with caution!

Overall a clever Thriller, some unexpected twists and turns, a dark and sometimes uncomfortable read a perfect mix for a physiological thriller!

Would I recommend this book.... Yes
Especially if you love books that test the boundaries and you enjoy dark Disturbing Thrillers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -