My Review - Last Breath - (20/4/17)

Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster #4) - By Robert Bryndza


5☆+  Nail biting, Non stop thriller

Last Breath is the 4th book by Robert.
However it was my first book and I absolutely LOVED IT!!

I was hanging onto every word. It was captivating, scary, exciting, pulse racing, and highly addictive... you have been warned!

What I loved most about this book was you found out who the killer was within the first half. Well in fact it was a little tease for all of a few pages when I was convinced it was someone else! 


Robert has restored my faith in Detective books. I was beginning to tire of them till I read Last Breath.


Erika is the main character. She is the lead detective and I loved her!
 She was strong, determined, charismatic, A fantastic leader, sometimes a little too strong minded as she got her self into trouble.
But overall she was passionate about her job and I believe that is what made this book so great!

The story took on a cat and mouse chase, early on in the story. The killer was extremely clever he knew every detail to the last letter/ cctv camera... well that was until he became sloppy and lost control.

The killer had a very dark past and it is only at the end you come to realise he's torture and torment he faced growing up.
My only wish was that he's back story had more exploration as it was equally as disturbing.

It was extremely worrying how real this story could actually be. There are people out there who take on fake identities and lure innocent people. But it's to what cost...when does it become dangerous!!

I would like to applaud Robert for a fantastic piece of writing. It was such a quick read and kept the reader gripped till the very end.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. It was cleverly written and had a great female lead. It was fast paced and gripping. If you love exciting books with a great twist, a scary true to life enthralling crime thriller then this is Definetly one for you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -