My Review - Book of Fire - (15/9/17)
Book of Fire -
By Michelle Kenney
4☆ Beautifully Written, Imaginative, Dystopian Fantasy.
Book of Fire is an imaginative play on your senses and literally transports you into a world of Fantasy, danger, wonderful creatures.
In a way it kind of reminds me of the TV series The 100 which I am hooked on.
Book of Fire is an imaginative play on your senses and literally transports you into a world of Fantasy, danger, wonderful creatures.
In a way it kind of reminds me of the TV series The 100 which I am hooked on.
Two worlds, one inside the Dome and one outside the Dome.
After a war that has filled the area of Nuclear poison. Those inside the Dome have never been outside in fear they will not survive. Or have they been outside??
The Insiders must never find out or meet the Outsiders as bad things will happen.
Twins Talia and Eli and their family live outside in a secret village called Arafel. Even though nature is slowly recovering after the war there is still a way to go.
Those who are safe in the Dome believe that outside is dangerous and no one survived.
So when Talia' s Grandfather and her brother Eli get captured and taken to the Dome. Talia has no option but to try and rescue them. However what she discovers inside is shocking and dangerous and a little bit disturbing.
Inside the Dome are many wonderful creatures that have been created inside the Dome.
Talia is to become the keeper of the Book of Fire after her Grandfather passes it onto her to protect at all costs.
But what is the Book of Fire??
I guess you will just have to read it to find out.
I really did enjoy reading this book. It was different to books I have been reading lately. It has something to please everyone, a romance, fantasy, creatures, science, Dystopian, mythology.
The characters were well written. I particularly liked Talia she was very strong and had a sheer determination and loyalty to her family. Not to mention how extremely brave she was to enter the lions den, the unknown (The dome).
I'm really hoping this isn't the only book and there is more to come.
Perfect read for lovers of YA, Fantasy, Dystopian, Sci Fi.

Comments
Post a Comment