My Review - The Idea of You - (22/3/17)

The idea of You - By Amanda Prowse 


I just finished Amanda Prowse The idea of You.
Utterly Fantastic!   10 star ++
Had me in tears.

Amanda always puts so much raw emotion into her books and always challenges topics that are sensitive, in a way that's informative and passionate making it ok to discuss.
Amanda always writes from the heart and it shows as her writing style always has  such passion and strength.


This book is about a women's longing for a family, however mother nature has other ideas and she suffers several agonising miscarriages.


Luckily for Lucy she has a supportive and strong partner. Together they find the strength to carry on another day.

However all this is about to change for Lucy when Jonah's teenage daughter Camille comes to stay with them, bringing a whole lot of teenage drama.
Camille unknowingly comes between them, but Lucy is so full of grief she is struggling to bond with Camille.
They have a whole rollercoaster of ups and downs.
But soon a secret comes out bonding them forever making their little family unite once again.

I found myself so absorbed in Lucy's heart breaking  journey I didn't think how Camille must be feeling. 
It isn't till she starts to open up to Camille about her mother you can really see her vulnerable side.
You can see why she is acting the way she does and towards the end I was on her side and angry with Jonah.

When secrets come out Jonah doesn't exactly handle the situation very well and up until that point I was feeling very sorry for him being in the middle of Waring women as he literally could do nothing right!
But luckily for him he does redeem himself again, Thankfully as I feel their little family is very strong. Jonah is a great husband and very supportive and protective. A great role model.

This book is captivating and draws you in from the very first page. Although there is much heartache there is love, strength, courage and support and light at the end of the rainbow so to speak!

Plus there is a fantastic twist which I really wasn't expecting.
 It made everything make sense it tied up the whole story.
Even the style of writing made sense towards the end (the diary/letter paragraphs) which I wasn't 100% sure why they was being written.
I absolutely loved it. I didn't want it to end. I wanted more.

I can't begin to imagine how heart wrenching it is to have miscarriages and not being able to get the answers as to why this is happening.

But I truly hope that by reading The Idea of you it helps people to understand a little more about the emotions and grief people go through and their courage to get up and take small steps every day.

I cant recommend this book enough it's a gem of a book.

There is a fantastic twist and a whole lot of Sass from a teenage step daughter.
It's about family and new beginnings and the strength and power of love to carry on even when things are so tough and painful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling