My Review - The Little Cottage on Lovelace Lane - (25/9/17)

The Little Cottage on Lovelace Lane  (Lovelace Lane #1) - 
By Alice Ross 


5☆ Full of Charm, Warmth.and Emotion, left me wanting more!

The Little Cottage on Lovelace Lane is the first book in the Lovelace Lane series by Alice Ross.

Alice is fast becoming one of my favourite Authors and her books never disappoint.
Beautiful Characters, Endearing Locations, full of Charm, Warmth, Emotion, Romance and Family Secrets.

When Alice and her Boyfriend of 3 years, Luke end up on Lovelace Lane by accident.
Alice stumbles across Hollyhocks Cottage and falls instantly in love!
It's full of charm, beauty and has lots of endearing characteristics.

The garden was beautiful, full of bright Hollyhocks, and beautiful fruit trees.

Even better it's for Sale!!!

It was at that very moment when a beautiful butterfly appears Alice knows that come what may Hollyhocks Cottage would be hers!!

Yes it needs alot of work, but she is prepared to throw everything she has at it...and Luke begrudgingly goes along with it!

So when the two up and sell their place and trade it in for a Mobile caravan ...
what could possibly go wrong!!!
I mean how hard can it be to be cooped up in a tiny caravan together in the middle of winter for 5weeks!!

But unfortunately for Alice, things are not going to run as smoothly as she hoped!

What with Luke's very rude children, A disastourous attempt at being sexy, A death, A big secret, lots of lies and a very sexy builder that lights up Alice's flame ... how hard can it be!

I adored Alice and her determination. No matter what was thrown at her she dusted herself off and carried on.
She is a very likeable character and I'm sure readers will be able to relate to her story.

I disliked Luke alot! He was arrogant, rude, un-appreciative, spoilt, weak and acted like a child! I can't say any more than that without giving anything away!

A special mention for Alice's Grandmother Rhonda. The relationship between Alice and Rhonda was heartwarming. They was best of friends. But Rhonda was hiding something and Alice was determined to find out what it is!

I loved Dawid the new builder working on Hollyhocks Cottage, he was very caring, endearing, Sexy, Strong, in control, reliable... the list is endless!

 One thing is for sure he makes Alice nervous in ways she hasn't felt before, they have major chemistry and he makes her weak at the knees!

I adored everything about this book, it was a very short read, lots of fun and It was a fantastic start to what promises to be an amazing series!
I can't wait to read the next book I've already bought it!

I recommend this book....... 100%

This book is the perfect read for those who love Chick Lit, Romance, Emotion, Gorgeous Cottages, Holiday reads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -