My Review - Four Bridesmaids and a white Wedding - (3/5/17)
Four Bridesmaids and a white Wedding - By Fiona Collins
5☆++ Haven't laughed this much in ages! Fun Romcom a real Gem
Four Bridesmaids and a wedding, literally had me laughing nearly the whole way through.
In fact Fiona's clever writing style made me feel like I was part of the group. Which I adored!
It was fun, exciting and hugely comical.
It's a story of friendship, learning to let their hair down, learning to love themselves, closing old chapters and recreating new ones.
I just want to point out that the chapters are told via each character.
I know some readers find this off putting but it is necessary and Fiona has beautifully flowed each character story into the next.
So the reader can follow the story without confusion.
This is because the main story is centred around the four best friends.
The story starts with four best friends: Wendy, jojo, Rose and Sal.
Each of the women are very different.
-Jojo is a business women who own a wedding dress shop. She is a single Mum.
-Rose is a Mum and Wife, she is not happy in her relationship.
-Sal owns her own pub and is currently having mad lustful sex with her head chef.
-Wendy is about to be marrying Frederick.
-Then there is Tamsin... Frederick's sister.
Who Wendy is meeting for the first time. She too is a business women.
So Jojo decides to throw Wendy the best Hen weekend, full of bubbly and pampering.
Well so she thinks!!!
All four friends set off to the retreat armed with, penis bobbers, handcuffs and L plates.
All the makings of a fantastic Hen weekend.
Ok.... So here is where the fun really begins!!
The girls arrive at the retreat excited and eager to start the pampering weekend.....
Hmmm.... I'm sorry says the receptionist.... but you are not booked in for the pampering.... we have you booked in for the "Health Retreat Package".....
Oh my gosh!!! What has Jojo done. She must of clicked the wrong box!!!
No pampering.... no luxurious bathrobes and scrumptious food!!
Nope it will consist of, no alcohol, healthy food and a whole lot of exercise, body and mind workouts!!
Oh... and did I mention the scary, tight fitting shorts they had to wear to promote the retreat!! Lol
The girls are devastated, but are not going to let this stop them having the best Hen weekend ever!
From the moment the girls check in there is so many laugh out loud moments, adventures, new experiences, blasts from the past, cheeky banter & a little bit of cheeky flirtation.
I don't want to say any more about the story because I URGE you to read it!
I honestly can't recommend it enough.
In fact it knocks spots of the film Bridesmaids.
I loved every single character, i even warmed to Tamsin. I would of loved to of known more about her story as she was very much like jojo all work and no play!
Fiona's style of writing was relaxed, very easy to read.
A fantastic romcom a real Gem.
What is even better was the ending. I loved being on a personal journey with each of the girls. Then following it through to find out their ending.
I also wanted to mention how fabulous the cover is. It's bright, fun and very eye catching.
It represents everything this book is.
Will there be a happy white wedding???
Well I guess you will just have to read and find out!!
I recommend this book to anyone who loves a laugh out loud Romcom, someone who loves romance, a sense of adventure and fun.
A perfect amount of Romance and comedy the perfect Romcom Mix!
I can't recommend this book enough!
It oozes so much fun!
5☆++ Haven't laughed this much in ages! Fun Romcom a real Gem
Four Bridesmaids and a wedding, literally had me laughing nearly the whole way through.
In fact Fiona's clever writing style made me feel like I was part of the group. Which I adored!
It was fun, exciting and hugely comical.
It's a story of friendship, learning to let their hair down, learning to love themselves, closing old chapters and recreating new ones.
I just want to point out that the chapters are told via each character.
I know some readers find this off putting but it is necessary and Fiona has beautifully flowed each character story into the next.
So the reader can follow the story without confusion.
This is because the main story is centred around the four best friends.
The story starts with four best friends: Wendy, jojo, Rose and Sal.
Each of the women are very different.
-Jojo is a business women who own a wedding dress shop. She is a single Mum.
-Rose is a Mum and Wife, she is not happy in her relationship.
-Sal owns her own pub and is currently having mad lustful sex with her head chef.
-Wendy is about to be marrying Frederick.
-Then there is Tamsin... Frederick's sister.
Who Wendy is meeting for the first time. She too is a business women.
So Jojo decides to throw Wendy the best Hen weekend, full of bubbly and pampering.
Well so she thinks!!!
All four friends set off to the retreat armed with, penis bobbers, handcuffs and L plates.
All the makings of a fantastic Hen weekend.
Ok.... So here is where the fun really begins!!
The girls arrive at the retreat excited and eager to start the pampering weekend.....
Hmmm.... I'm sorry says the receptionist.... but you are not booked in for the pampering.... we have you booked in for the "Health Retreat Package".....
Oh my gosh!!! What has Jojo done. She must of clicked the wrong box!!!
No pampering.... no luxurious bathrobes and scrumptious food!!
Nope it will consist of, no alcohol, healthy food and a whole lot of exercise, body and mind workouts!!
Oh... and did I mention the scary, tight fitting shorts they had to wear to promote the retreat!! Lol
The girls are devastated, but are not going to let this stop them having the best Hen weekend ever!
From the moment the girls check in there is so many laugh out loud moments, adventures, new experiences, blasts from the past, cheeky banter & a little bit of cheeky flirtation.
I don't want to say any more about the story because I URGE you to read it!
I honestly can't recommend it enough.
In fact it knocks spots of the film Bridesmaids.
I loved every single character, i even warmed to Tamsin. I would of loved to of known more about her story as she was very much like jojo all work and no play!
Fiona's style of writing was relaxed, very easy to read.
A fantastic romcom a real Gem.
What is even better was the ending. I loved being on a personal journey with each of the girls. Then following it through to find out their ending.
I also wanted to mention how fabulous the cover is. It's bright, fun and very eye catching.
It represents everything this book is.
Will there be a happy white wedding???
Well I guess you will just have to read and find out!!
I recommend this book to anyone who loves a laugh out loud Romcom, someone who loves romance, a sense of adventure and fun.
A perfect amount of Romance and comedy the perfect Romcom Mix!
I can't recommend this book enough!
It oozes so much fun!

Comments
Post a Comment