My Review - Stuck With You - (17/4/17)
Stuck with You - By Carla Burgess
5☆+ Left me wanting more!
Wow what a book!
Who would of thought being stuck in a lift with your college crush could lead you on a journey of lust, friendship, romance and a start of new beginnings.
Elena is stuck in a loveless relationship. She comes home only for him to say he's leaving her. He has been having an affair!
She accepts it, moves her things out and goes home to her parents. She has one thing on her mind...Daniel!!
When Elena and Daniel get stuck in that lift together... was it a coincidence they was there at exactly the same time?? Who knows!
What I do know is they swap numbers and from this point the story gets even better!
Elena has loved Daniel for years. She was so infatuated she made a memories box with things like he's hair & a poem lol
Things move extremely quickly for them both, but anyone can see they are completely head over heels for each other.
Rachel is Elena's best friend since scho. She has her doubts about Daniel and keeps trying to warn her off.
At first I thought she was being an overprotective friend and I applauded her. But then as the story unfolds Rachel is not entirely honest with Elena which changes my whole perspective about Rachel and Daniel.
It made me like him more and dislike her.
She critisced Elena a lot, yet she was the one engaged to a man no one had met. It made me suspicious of her intentions.
There was so so many laugh out loud moments throughout this book I was eagerly reading I couldn't get enough.
One moment sticks in my mind when they both go skinny dipping (naked swimming) on a deserted beach...well that is until an old man and he's dog walk by.
Luckily by this point they are warming up by a fire under a blanket... however the dog decides to steal Elena's underwear leaving her with nothing!! I laughed so hard... I could imagine it happening.
I fell in love with Elena and Daniel's story.
I'm sure we can all relate to our first love, if you are lucky enough/ brave enough to speak to them then it may just last forever.
Every girl can relate to this story. Well apart from the lift bit. We have all loved and lost. Had a childhood/ teenage crush.
But for Elena she got her man and I couldn't of been happier. They both loved each other during college but neither had the courage.
The chemistry between them is electric, they can't keep their hands off each other....well there is only one slight problem... privacy!
They both live at home with their parents which means any sexual encounters is off the cards!
It don't stop the build up though. The teasing and the flirting, the naked swimming tantelises the reader for what is to come!
I don't want to give any more away.
My only critiscm is the ending....Carla literally left me dangling on an ickle bit of string! I was devastated! I didn't want it to end.
The ending was an invitation to what is to come next!
Overall a fabulous read, believable and well thought out characters, exciting and humorous storyline, with a sprinkle of lust and romance. It was fresh and cleverly written, left you wanting more.
What more can you want.
I would recommend this book for all those who enjoy romantic comedies with a believable storyline and loveable characters.
5☆+ Left me wanting more!
Wow what a book!
Who would of thought being stuck in a lift with your college crush could lead you on a journey of lust, friendship, romance and a start of new beginnings.
Elena is stuck in a loveless relationship. She comes home only for him to say he's leaving her. He has been having an affair!
She accepts it, moves her things out and goes home to her parents. She has one thing on her mind...Daniel!!
When Elena and Daniel get stuck in that lift together... was it a coincidence they was there at exactly the same time?? Who knows!
What I do know is they swap numbers and from this point the story gets even better!
Elena has loved Daniel for years. She was so infatuated she made a memories box with things like he's hair & a poem lol
Things move extremely quickly for them both, but anyone can see they are completely head over heels for each other.
Rachel is Elena's best friend since scho. She has her doubts about Daniel and keeps trying to warn her off.
At first I thought she was being an overprotective friend and I applauded her. But then as the story unfolds Rachel is not entirely honest with Elena which changes my whole perspective about Rachel and Daniel.
It made me like him more and dislike her.
She critisced Elena a lot, yet she was the one engaged to a man no one had met. It made me suspicious of her intentions.
There was so so many laugh out loud moments throughout this book I was eagerly reading I couldn't get enough.
One moment sticks in my mind when they both go skinny dipping (naked swimming) on a deserted beach...well that is until an old man and he's dog walk by.
Luckily by this point they are warming up by a fire under a blanket... however the dog decides to steal Elena's underwear leaving her with nothing!! I laughed so hard... I could imagine it happening.
I fell in love with Elena and Daniel's story.
I'm sure we can all relate to our first love, if you are lucky enough/ brave enough to speak to them then it may just last forever.
Every girl can relate to this story. Well apart from the lift bit. We have all loved and lost. Had a childhood/ teenage crush.
But for Elena she got her man and I couldn't of been happier. They both loved each other during college but neither had the courage.
The chemistry between them is electric, they can't keep their hands off each other....well there is only one slight problem... privacy!
They both live at home with their parents which means any sexual encounters is off the cards!
It don't stop the build up though. The teasing and the flirting, the naked swimming tantelises the reader for what is to come!
I don't want to give any more away.
My only critiscm is the ending....Carla literally left me dangling on an ickle bit of string! I was devastated! I didn't want it to end.
The ending was an invitation to what is to come next!
Overall a fabulous read, believable and well thought out characters, exciting and humorous storyline, with a sprinkle of lust and romance. It was fresh and cleverly written, left you wanting more.
What more can you want.
I would recommend this book for all those who enjoy romantic comedies with a believable storyline and loveable characters.


Comments
Post a Comment