My Review - Summer at the Dog & Duck - (5/6/17)

Summer at the Dog & Duck - By 
Jill Steeples



4☆ Feel good, full of charm

This is the second book in the series.
I wasn't fortunate enough to have read the first book in the series, however this one most definitely can be read as a standalone.

I absolutely adore country pubs so when I came across this book I was very excited and it didn't disappoint.
 The cover is simply beautiful, it captures the essence of the Dog and Duck perfectly!

The Dog and Duck is a charming pub that oozes character and charm. It really Is the social hub of the community. Many a gossip to be had within the pub.



Ellie and Max have had their fair share of ups and down, so when Max' s Ex shows up with a shocking confession. Ellie and Max's world is about to be turned upside Down.
Are they both strong enough to overcome this new hurdle.

 Max is pushed to he's limits when he's sister turns up as well, bringing a whole lot of family drama and plenty of Sass.
 I felt sorry for Max as he now has 3 women to try and please and do right by them all. But someone is undoubtedly going to get hurt.... I just hope he can hold it together for Ellie.

Ellie is so lovely and caring. She is a hard worker and always has time to listen. The perfect landlady. If only she made more time for herself.
I just hope she can stay strong enough to recover from Max' s Ex!

Summer at the Dog and Duck is everything you expect it to be. A fun, feel good , laugh out loud moments, shocking confessions, gossip and not to mention the adorable Digby the Lab. A pub just doesn't feel complete without a loveable dog!

I do wish I had read the first book as I would of liked to of got to know Ellie and Max more. They are a genuinely nice couple that has it's ups and downs just like any couple does.

This is the perfect summer read, I can just see myself sitting in a beer garden in the country sunshine reading this charming book.

I Most definitely recommend reading this delightful book.
Be warned it may just have you wanting to visit your local.

The perfect chick lit book, summer reads, Rom com, lovers of charming pubs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -