My Review - Right Here Waiting for You - (5/6/17)
Right Here Waiting for You - By Rebecca Pugh
5☆ A captivating story of Friendships & Love
Right here waiting for you is a captivating story of broken friendships, betrayal, secrets, Family, love and New Beginnings.
Right from the very first page I was hooked. Rebecca managed pull me into the world of Magda and Sophia and their teenage angst.
But don't let that put you off... fast forward several years and the best friends are now enemies with one hell of a break up. Which keeps the reader hooked.
Magda who was once confident and everyone wanted to be her is now in a loveless marriage and her husband is controlling, and also sleeping with lots of women behind her back!
Magda is desperate for some kind of emotional connection so she uses drink as her crutch and sleeping with random men to help try fill her void.
When Magda's Mum passed away she couldn't cope so at the first opportunity she Ran!
Sophia is single still living in the same area. She has a young child called Esther who is adorable.
Sophia's new best friend is the recently single dad Michael. They both have been badly hurt and have come together to help each other. Plus their children are the best of friends!
Michael is gorgeous, a fantastic Dad, a great listener, kind, caring and is the perfect match for Sophia.
So why can't they both see it!!
I loved watching their friendship blossom. The protective side of Michael when he fears he may lose them both.
When they both decide to try out dating neither one is impressed but still the feelings just ripple to the surface.
So when Magda and Sophia both get an invitation to a school reunion what could possibly go wrong!
I mean surely neither will be expecting the other to attend!
Will attending rip off the plaster that has covered those raw wounds all these years?
What secrets might just be uncovered!
For me the reunion is when the story gets juicy! Secrets and emotions get unearthed. It's here we meet Tom!!!
I really can't say anymore as I will give the story away.
But it is one exciting roller coaster ride of emotions.
I mean secrets and grudges can't stay buried for ever.... can they??
Will Sophia ever find Love?
Will Magda ever be happy again?
Rebecca has made me fall in love with Magda and Sophia. We all have friends/ friendship or can 100% relate to the characters in the book.
The reconnection with Magda and her Dad made my heart swell. It was beautiful to watch them 're kindle their relationship and to watch Magda's father start to live he's life again. So touching and heart warming.
I thoroughly loved every single minute of this exciting story.
It really is very believable and the characters are so engaging and real.
A real quick and easy read.
One thing I do want to point out is every so often we get a memory from Magda or Sophia's teenage years. This creates the build up to why they have fallen out in such a dramatic way!
It is vital to the story... my only slight critiscm is that I would of liked more definition that the story was going back in time. As the memories are just slotted into the chapters. Which some readers could find confusing.
I just wanted to point out there is some sexual references and scenes some may find uncomfortable.
Would I recommend this book.... most definitely.... YES!!
Plenty of Laugh out loud moments, some sexual content, fun, heart warming, true story of friendship, Love and reconnecting, new beginnings, emotional, a fantastic read.
Perfect for readers who love Chick Lit, Rom coms, friendship, betrayal, Romance.
5☆ A captivating story of Friendships & Love
Right here waiting for you is a captivating story of broken friendships, betrayal, secrets, Family, love and New Beginnings.
Right from the very first page I was hooked. Rebecca managed pull me into the world of Magda and Sophia and their teenage angst.
But don't let that put you off... fast forward several years and the best friends are now enemies with one hell of a break up. Which keeps the reader hooked.
Magda who was once confident and everyone wanted to be her is now in a loveless marriage and her husband is controlling, and also sleeping with lots of women behind her back!
Magda is desperate for some kind of emotional connection so she uses drink as her crutch and sleeping with random men to help try fill her void.
When Magda's Mum passed away she couldn't cope so at the first opportunity she Ran!
Sophia is single still living in the same area. She has a young child called Esther who is adorable.
Sophia's new best friend is the recently single dad Michael. They both have been badly hurt and have come together to help each other. Plus their children are the best of friends!
Michael is gorgeous, a fantastic Dad, a great listener, kind, caring and is the perfect match for Sophia.
So why can't they both see it!!
I loved watching their friendship blossom. The protective side of Michael when he fears he may lose them both.
When they both decide to try out dating neither one is impressed but still the feelings just ripple to the surface.
So when Magda and Sophia both get an invitation to a school reunion what could possibly go wrong!
I mean surely neither will be expecting the other to attend!
Will attending rip off the plaster that has covered those raw wounds all these years?
What secrets might just be uncovered!
For me the reunion is when the story gets juicy! Secrets and emotions get unearthed. It's here we meet Tom!!!
I really can't say anymore as I will give the story away.
But it is one exciting roller coaster ride of emotions.
I mean secrets and grudges can't stay buried for ever.... can they??
Will Sophia ever find Love?
Will Magda ever be happy again?
Rebecca has made me fall in love with Magda and Sophia. We all have friends/ friendship or can 100% relate to the characters in the book.
The reconnection with Magda and her Dad made my heart swell. It was beautiful to watch them 're kindle their relationship and to watch Magda's father start to live he's life again. So touching and heart warming.
I thoroughly loved every single minute of this exciting story.
It really is very believable and the characters are so engaging and real.
A real quick and easy read.
One thing I do want to point out is every so often we get a memory from Magda or Sophia's teenage years. This creates the build up to why they have fallen out in such a dramatic way!
It is vital to the story... my only slight critiscm is that I would of liked more definition that the story was going back in time. As the memories are just slotted into the chapters. Which some readers could find confusing.
I just wanted to point out there is some sexual references and scenes some may find uncomfortable.
Would I recommend this book.... most definitely.... YES!!
Plenty of Laugh out loud moments, some sexual content, fun, heart warming, true story of friendship, Love and reconnecting, new beginnings, emotional, a fantastic read.
Perfect for readers who love Chick Lit, Rom coms, friendship, betrayal, Romance.


Comments
Post a Comment