My Review - Best Laid Plans - (4/9/17)

Best Laid Plans - By Kathy Lette


5☆ A Mother's Hilarious & Crazy Journey to help her Autistic Son get Laid

Best Laid Plans had me laughing out loud and often cringing at the crazy Antics Lucy gets up to in order to help her Autistic Son Merlin lose his Virginity for he's 21st birthday.



Merlin is soon to be 21 and all he wants is to be loved, have sex and get a girlfriend.
See Merlin has Autism and not everyone shares Merlins unique and special outlook on life.

Lucy sees Merlins heart break, and when he start to say he wishes he had never been born. It tears Lucy apart.
All she has ever wanted was to see Merlin happy.

Merlin has never had a girlfriend, girls can be cruel and when Merlin says inappropriate comments to women, innocently not understanding what he has said is not the right thing to say. He gets rejected. Lucy struggles to believe Merlin may never find love, so she decides to take matters in to her own hands!

So she talks to her sister Phoebe and they come up with a plan to take Merlin to visit a Lady of the Night. 
Unfortunately this plan is about to become horribly wrong, when Lucy is arrested for Kerb Crawling.

Now poor Lucy's run of bad luck don't just end there. She is determined more than ever to help Merlin lose his virginity.
Rightly or wrongly I can understand and sympathise with Lucy.

I don't want to say anymore about the plot as it really will spoil it.

But let's just say Lucy is in for one hell of a ride. More visits to the police station, cougers, drug dealers, infuriating Ex Husbands, a gay wedding and crazy girlfriends.

Trust me when I say this book will have you laughing out loud, leave you with tears and upset, make you feel angry, then back to laughing again.

I really felt for Lucy. All she wanted to do was protect her Son. She may not of gone about it in appropriate ways. But she always had his best interest at heart.

Lucy came across as an easy target.
People took her for granted and walked all over her. I just wanted to shake her sometimes.
She was so busy protecting her son she didn't notice he was growing up to be a beautiful young Man, with a huge heart and a fun, caring personality.

I have lots of experience with Autism and Merlin fascinated me. He was incredibly clever with such a huge heart,which he wore on his sleeve.
Due to the fact Merlin sees life in a completely innocent way. He was an easy target. Which you will come to discover several occasions throughout the book.
I wanted to jump I'm the book and scream at these disgraceful people.
Merlin comes across as vulnerable and his need to be loved gets him used and abused.

Oh I just also want to mention Lucy's Ex, (Merlins's Dad) he's  a nasty piece of work. I really, really disliked him. He's a sneak, a cheat, a disgusting excuse for a father. Trust me these words are not used lightly!

This truly is a beautiful, fun, humorous, a little bit rude, Saucy, crazy, emotional, rollercoaster of a book.
But i loved every minute of it.

So much going on, short fun chapters with humorous titles. Enough to keep you reading till the early hours. It's a book you just have to know what on earth will happen next!

Will Merlin ever find love?
Will he ever lose his virginity?
What on earth will Lucy get herself into next!

I urge you to Read the book to find out more. You won't be disappointed!

A perfect read for those who love Fun, Adult Humour, Romance, Crazy Antics, Page Turner.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -