My Review - The Chateau of Happily Ever- Afters - (18/6/17)
The Chateau of Happily Ever - Afters - By Jaimie Admans
5☆ Enchanting, Funny, Magical
From the very first chapter I knew this book was going to be special.
When Wendy and Julian both inherit a Chateau, Wendy firmly believes Julian has no right to claim it. He is Eulalie's Great Nephew.
He was never around and although he is a relative, Wendy is set to fight him every step of the way!
Wendy isn't a relative to Eulalie but a neighbour, a very good friend and almost like family. Which is why she is hurt when Julian appears after all this time.
Eulalie was a story teller and often told Wendy magical stories about the Chateau, so when Wendy discovers the stories were actually true she was blown away and determined to visit the Chateau she heard so much about.
At the very start Julian tries to reach out to Wendy but she really isn't having any of it. So a fight is exactly what is going to happen. They butt heads alot! With hilarious outcomes.
The riddle of the magic and treasure within the Chateau immediately sparked interest and I couldn't wait to try and work out what magic was about to be uncovered and was there really any treasure!
When both Julian and Wendy both set off to France to visit the Chateau neither was aware they would both be arriving at the same time.
Much to Wendy's dismay. She would have to endure Julian's companionship.
Julian is everything Wendy dislikes, he looks gorgeous, he's a model and comes across in her eyes as flash and arrogant!
The Chateau needs plenty of work and both are determined to make it happen. Even if it means working in the same air space lol!!
As the story progresses and the Chateau gets some TLC you can envision the beauty surrounding the Chateau and the elegance inside. The charm of the village and villagers.
I was swept away with the magic of the Chateau and it's beauty.
I loved seeing Wendy's ice barrier starting to melt as she fell in love with the Chateau and in turn her guard dropped towards Julian. Revealing a spark between the two! Maybe that was the magic?!
Although the sarcasm was never far away!
I really did warm to Julian... You really got to hand it too him he put up with A LOT from Wendy. The constant bickering, sniping, sarcastic comments. Even though Julian worked really hard to put life back into the Chateau. She still found fault.
But he never gave up. Despite what he appeared to be... a model with the glamourous car etc.. it just shows, you should never judge a book by its cover! Julian was a prime example of this.
Wendy and Julian despite their constant bickering made me laugh out loud.
Jaimie created the perfect dynamics between the two, the ability to create almost slap stick comedy with the disasters had me laughing out loud.
Her ability to create the Chateau and inject life and magic into it was simply beautiful.
I was enchanted, enthralled, I laughed out loud alot, fell in love with the Chateau, Really enjoyed Wendy and Julian' s love/ hate relationship.
I have a very strong feeling The Chateau of Happily Ever Afters is going to be a big Summer Hit!
This is my first book by Jaimie, I'm excited to read more!
Perfect read for lovers of Chick Lit, Comedy, Romance, Beautiful Chateau's in France, Fun Characters with a love/ hate relationship, Perfect Summer Read.
5☆ Enchanting, Funny, Magical
From the very first chapter I knew this book was going to be special.
When Wendy and Julian both inherit a Chateau, Wendy firmly believes Julian has no right to claim it. He is Eulalie's Great Nephew.
He was never around and although he is a relative, Wendy is set to fight him every step of the way!
Wendy isn't a relative to Eulalie but a neighbour, a very good friend and almost like family. Which is why she is hurt when Julian appears after all this time.
Eulalie was a story teller and often told Wendy magical stories about the Chateau, so when Wendy discovers the stories were actually true she was blown away and determined to visit the Chateau she heard so much about.
At the very start Julian tries to reach out to Wendy but she really isn't having any of it. So a fight is exactly what is going to happen. They butt heads alot! With hilarious outcomes.
The riddle of the magic and treasure within the Chateau immediately sparked interest and I couldn't wait to try and work out what magic was about to be uncovered and was there really any treasure!
When both Julian and Wendy both set off to France to visit the Chateau neither was aware they would both be arriving at the same time.
Much to Wendy's dismay. She would have to endure Julian's companionship.
Julian is everything Wendy dislikes, he looks gorgeous, he's a model and comes across in her eyes as flash and arrogant!
The Chateau needs plenty of work and both are determined to make it happen. Even if it means working in the same air space lol!!
As the story progresses and the Chateau gets some TLC you can envision the beauty surrounding the Chateau and the elegance inside. The charm of the village and villagers.
I was swept away with the magic of the Chateau and it's beauty.
I loved seeing Wendy's ice barrier starting to melt as she fell in love with the Chateau and in turn her guard dropped towards Julian. Revealing a spark between the two! Maybe that was the magic?!
Although the sarcasm was never far away!
I really did warm to Julian... You really got to hand it too him he put up with A LOT from Wendy. The constant bickering, sniping, sarcastic comments. Even though Julian worked really hard to put life back into the Chateau. She still found fault.
But he never gave up. Despite what he appeared to be... a model with the glamourous car etc.. it just shows, you should never judge a book by its cover! Julian was a prime example of this.
Wendy and Julian despite their constant bickering made me laugh out loud.
Jaimie created the perfect dynamics between the two, the ability to create almost slap stick comedy with the disasters had me laughing out loud.
Her ability to create the Chateau and inject life and magic into it was simply beautiful.
I was enchanted, enthralled, I laughed out loud alot, fell in love with the Chateau, Really enjoyed Wendy and Julian' s love/ hate relationship.
I have a very strong feeling The Chateau of Happily Ever Afters is going to be a big Summer Hit!
This is my first book by Jaimie, I'm excited to read more!
Perfect read for lovers of Chick Lit, Comedy, Romance, Beautiful Chateau's in France, Fun Characters with a love/ hate relationship, Perfect Summer Read.


Comments
Post a Comment