My Review - The Cotswold Cookery Club -A Taste of Spain - (3/9/17)

The Cotswold Cookery Club - A Taste of Spain - By Alice Ross



5☆ A Fun feel good read, yummy delights, romance, friendship, humour, a beautifully written Page Turner.

The Cotswold Cookery Club - A Taste of Spain is the second book in the series.
Although both books can be read as standalone books.
My personal opinion is to read both books in order.
Book 1 sets the scene for the Cookery Club, and there are references in this book that relates to the stories and characters formed in Book 1.

I was so excited to be returning to the Cotswolds I couldn't wait to delve right in.

The story is jam packed full of old and new friendships, love interests, affairs, new beginnings, fun, teen angst, humour, emotion and of course scrumptious food that will leave your tummy rumbling and pages turning.


Oh and not to forget the sassy t-shirts that appear throughout the book. They made me laugh alot, in fact I could see myself wearing a few of them like...
'I don't know why I bother' and
'Whatever' and 'Welcome to my world'... got to love a sarcastic T-shirt!

I was so glad to meet back up with the Cookery Club to see what fun Antics was in store this time round and I wasn't disappointed!

Connie, Kate and Melody are back.
When Book 1 (A taste of Italy) ended we see the forth member Eleanor leaving to go live abroad, handing the shop over to Connie to look after.
Melody is pregnant & Kate (The Vet) is still running around like crazy after her kids.

Ok so seeing as there is an opening for another member of the Cookery Club what better person to join them.... than Trish the newest resident in the village.

Trish and Amber are the newest characters and I have to say I adored them both.
Trish has recently become a single mum to  Amber, after her hubby Ian had an affair with a younger women Chloe (it screams midlife crisis to me).

Trish comes across as vulnerable, shy, not very confident but her passion for cooking shines through.
So when Trish meets Connie at the shop, when she enquired about the paper round job for Amber. They get talking about the Cookery Club and Connie invites Trish along to their next meet.

Trish is really apprehensive at first as she doesn't think she will be good enough or that she won't fit in.
But she finally plucks up the courage to go and she has the best time ever.
The girls are so warm and friendly they immediately make Trish feel at ease.

Amber was one of my favourite characters.
At 15 years of age she is a typical teen. Full of Sass, awkward attitude towards her parents, her parents embarrass her, nothing is ever right, good enough, or her fault!
Well that is until she meets Miguel Sanchez, she is head over heels for him.
Miguel seems to have a calming influence over Amber. Which has a positive impact on her.

It was so lovely to watch Amber mature into a delightful young lady.
I loved watching her relationship with Miguel blossom, it warmed my heart.

In fact it was so lovely to watch Trish also embrace her new found freedom and her confidence blossom. It was very empowering to see her stand up for herself and become independent.

Watching Trish and Amber's relationship had me in fits of laughter. The playful banter between Mother and Daughter was so relatable. I could see me and my Mum, especially cooking and meal times.

Alice Ross has succeeded again at making me fall in love with the Cookery Club.
I really feel as though I am a member of this exclusive club, I know the girls that well.

The chapters are nice and short, perfect for keeping the readers attention.
Easy to follow story line that kept me reading till the early hours.

I really loved reading this book. It was relatable, loveable real characters, heart warming, compelling, it had some sensitive/serious issues (which were handled with care), it was fun, a sprinkle of romance, lots of banter and Sass, it made me laugh out loud and made my belly rumble.

I can't wait for the next instalment.
This series just keeps getting better and better!


One thing I would of loved to have seen accompanying this book, would be a few of the Amazing recipes inside. So that we too can experience the scrumptious delights featured.

Would I recommend this book...... 100%......... YES!!!!

Perfect read for lovers of Chick Lit, food Romance, Humour, Fun, Friendship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling