My Review - Ella's Ice - Cream Summer - (30/5/17)

Ella's Ice-Cream Summer (The Ice-Cream Cafe #1) - By Sue Watson


5☆+  Loved it!!  Simply Scrumptious!

I want to start by saying WOW!!!
What a book!
Left me wanting more and ravenous for scrumptious Italian Ice cream!

I don't think I have laughed so much about one Character.
Ella's Mum had me in tears of laughter!
Her innocence to technology... the sexting escapades, her Twitter chaos , not to mention her disastrous dating had me howling with laughter.
The Nan is my FAVOURITE  character.



Ok now for the story lol....
Ella's Mum and Aunt had fallen out many years ago and the feud spiralled out of control. Sisters at war with each other is never going to end well.
Unfortunately Ella was never privalaged to find out the reason why they hated each other so much.

So when Ella's Aunt passes away, Ella is determined to go back to Appledore and pay her respects to her Aunt she so dearly adored. Much to her Mum's annoyance and disapproval.

When she finally arrives in Appledore she finds out that she has been left Reginaldo the Ice Cream Van.
He needs a fair amount of work but what a fun way to spend the summer!

With Ella's life falling apart, she's lost her job, home & the kids are off travelling.
What better way to have her own adventure.

So she packs up leaving her Mum behind and sets off to Appledore. Her Mum reluctant to let her go agrees to stay while the house is sold. Under no circumstances would she ever step foot in Appledore ever again!

This is where Ella's adventure begins & this is where my review stops!!

I devoured this book. From the beginning I was hooked and laughing so hard it hurt.

Believe me when I say if you decide to read this scrumptious book you are in for a treat.

There is plenty of unexpected surprises, lots of secrets and a shocker of a twist!!
A sexy new love interest for Ella who sparks up emotions Ella thought she would never feel again.

Delightful characters, very real and relatable.
I loved Ella she started off being a ground down Mum/Daughter who then transformed into this strong independent women who was determined to succeed.
It was beautiful to watch her journey.

Delilah the dog was the star of the book. Her exquisite outfits and her Selfies was brilliant. It was fun waiting to find out which was next!

Gina for me was the most surprising character. At first I disliked her but she has a way of getting under your skin.
I really warmed to her and she made my heart swell towards the end.

Oh and I just wanted to mention the Slimming Club Girls. I loved them. Hehe I can hold my hands up and say I've been there and done that LOL ... you will have to read to find out!

There is Plenty of Laugh out loud moments, but there is also sadness which bought tears to my eyes.

Sue has succeeded in making Appledore come to life and the characters feel very real and for that I applaud her.

This book is very special and although it's a fun feel good book it also has a few sensitive storylines. Which I believe adds real depth to the story.


Although this is the perfect Summer Read, i can see people falling in love with Ella and her family and this is one that will be read over and over!!

I really hope there will be more from Appledore as I think there is much, much more to uncover.

Oh and before I forget.... what a scrumptious cover!!!!
Perfectly sums up Ella and Reginaldo. A real eye catcher!

Perfect read for lovers of Chick Lit, YA, Romance, Summer reads, ice cream lovers, Womens Literature and family feuds.

Would I recommend this book...... without a doubt......YES!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -