My Review - My Sister's wedding - (15/6/17)
My Sister's Wedding - By Vicky Pattison
4☆ Fun Read with plenty of Sisterly drama
This is my first book by Vicky, and I'm pleased to say it will not be my last.
She has really surprised me.
This book is fun, a light hearted read, story of families coming together, sisterly drama, plenty of humour and a few twists and fireworks to make up the perfect wedding.
What could possibly go wrong!!
Becky and Lizzie are sisters. Becky is the oldest and it comes across as though she is the 'mum' figure. She looks out for Lizzie.
Becky had to grow up very quickly as their mother left them.
They have a beautiful bond, although they are very different.
Becky is more organised and calm, where Lizzie comes across as scatter brain and disorganised, living in the moment.
Becky is engaged to Daniel and they are about to get married.
Only trouble is neither of the in-laws have met and they couldn't be more different!
I mean how hard can it be to get on and be cival for the sake of the happy couple?!
During the wedding preparations we see Becky and Lizzie's relationship start to become strained.
Becky feels she is caught in the middle of wanting to please her new family and fit in, whilst trying to stay loyal to her sister.
But this just makes them drift apart.
I love my younger sister to pieces but I can see this story being one to Definetly relate too. Where families become strained due to choices in partnerships/ families.
I really did enjoy reading this book and feel that readers will Definetly be able to relate to the characters and story.
There is a lot of references to social media, fashion etc which will most definitely appeal/ relate to the YA readers.
I'm 35 and I enjoyed it.
Overall a great feel good read. Perfect summer read.
Great for readers who love YA, Rom Com's, weddings, sister family bonds and summer reads.
4☆ Fun Read with plenty of Sisterly drama
This is my first book by Vicky, and I'm pleased to say it will not be my last.
She has really surprised me.
This book is fun, a light hearted read, story of families coming together, sisterly drama, plenty of humour and a few twists and fireworks to make up the perfect wedding.
What could possibly go wrong!!
Becky and Lizzie are sisters. Becky is the oldest and it comes across as though she is the 'mum' figure. She looks out for Lizzie.
Becky had to grow up very quickly as their mother left them.
They have a beautiful bond, although they are very different.
Becky is more organised and calm, where Lizzie comes across as scatter brain and disorganised, living in the moment.
Becky is engaged to Daniel and they are about to get married.
Only trouble is neither of the in-laws have met and they couldn't be more different!
I mean how hard can it be to get on and be cival for the sake of the happy couple?!
During the wedding preparations we see Becky and Lizzie's relationship start to become strained.
Becky feels she is caught in the middle of wanting to please her new family and fit in, whilst trying to stay loyal to her sister.
But this just makes them drift apart.
I love my younger sister to pieces but I can see this story being one to Definetly relate too. Where families become strained due to choices in partnerships/ families.
I really did enjoy reading this book and feel that readers will Definetly be able to relate to the characters and story.
There is a lot of references to social media, fashion etc which will most definitely appeal/ relate to the YA readers.
I'm 35 and I enjoyed it.
Overall a great feel good read. Perfect summer read.
Great for readers who love YA, Rom Com's, weddings, sister family bonds and summer reads.


Comments
Post a Comment