My Review - Liar (19/6/17)
Liar - By K.L. Slater
10☆ Utterly Fantastic! One killer twist!
I have been eagerly waiting for Kim's next book after reading her fantastic thriller Blink!
Just when I thought Kim's books couldn't get any better....she writes Liar and I'm simply blown away.
Extremely clever piece of writing, I was so hooked I stayed up all night reading it.
I was left completely spellbound.
Left me gripped, enthralled.and frantically turning the pages desperate to uncover what I thought was the truth!
But wow oh wow, how wrong was I!!!
I'm really unsure how to write the rest of my review as I really don't want to give anything away. It's far too good!
So I'll try to sum it up a little bit.
Ben has recently lost he's wife. He has two adorable young boys.
Ben is very close to he's Mum Judi.
Well that is until Amber comes into Ben's life.
Judi and Amber don't get on at all!!.
Judi believes Ben is moving way too fast.
Amber is hiding something... But what can it be? Why is it that Amber just slots into Ben's life, why does she know so much?
The opening chapter is called The End... Wow what a way to open a book. Just from the first few pages I was hooked.
It dragged you in, teased you, then fast forward to the present. Leaving you wanting more.
Kim has this way of creating strong female characters that come across as unstable and disturbed slightly.
She has this way of knocking the reader off balance. Just when you think you know something... It's not what it seems.
If you read this book and you think it's somewhat predictable, believe me you will be shocked... I was!
I loved the dynamics between Judi and Amber. It has very sinister undertones, you never know what is coming next between the two of them.
One thing they have in common is the need to get Ben and he's boys to themselves.
With very very dangerous consequences.
My opinions about Judi and Amber flip flopped the whole way through.
Which you will understand once you delve into the story.
I loathed Amber, she was manipulative, devious, twisted, controlling and determined to fit in with Ben's life no matter what.
Judi on the other hand came across as over protective, if not at times a little suffocating, determined, a little unbalanced.
Her marrige life really isn't perfect and her husband devalues her opinions the whole way through the book. He has lost all respect for Judi.
But He's no Angel it comes out he has had numerous affairs along the way!
Ben comes across as very weak, but he is still grieving and is lost in the lust of finding someone new.
But he really did frustrate me and at times I wanted to shake him and shout "open your eyes" ... I know they say love can be blind....but Wow!!!
Liar ensnared me, played with my emotions, kept me guessing, kept me reading all through the night, made me question my thoughts, it's gripping,and truly is the perfect physiological thriller!!!
The story is told by Judi and Amber, which is perfect as you really get to delve into their thoughts and actions. Very cleverly written.
The title really sums up the whole book.... someone is a Liar..... But who and why....and how far will they go!!!!
Would I recommend this book......100% ......YES!!!!
This is by Far my favourite physiological thriller of 2017..... I have a strong feeling Liar is going to be a hit!
10☆ Utterly Fantastic! One killer twist!
I have been eagerly waiting for Kim's next book after reading her fantastic thriller Blink!
Just when I thought Kim's books couldn't get any better....she writes Liar and I'm simply blown away.
Extremely clever piece of writing, I was so hooked I stayed up all night reading it.
I was left completely spellbound.
Left me gripped, enthralled.and frantically turning the pages desperate to uncover what I thought was the truth!
But wow oh wow, how wrong was I!!!
I'm really unsure how to write the rest of my review as I really don't want to give anything away. It's far too good!
So I'll try to sum it up a little bit.
Ben has recently lost he's wife. He has two adorable young boys.
Ben is very close to he's Mum Judi.
Well that is until Amber comes into Ben's life.
Judi and Amber don't get on at all!!.
Judi believes Ben is moving way too fast.
Amber is hiding something... But what can it be? Why is it that Amber just slots into Ben's life, why does she know so much?
The opening chapter is called The End... Wow what a way to open a book. Just from the first few pages I was hooked.
It dragged you in, teased you, then fast forward to the present. Leaving you wanting more.
Kim has this way of creating strong female characters that come across as unstable and disturbed slightly.
She has this way of knocking the reader off balance. Just when you think you know something... It's not what it seems.
If you read this book and you think it's somewhat predictable, believe me you will be shocked... I was!
I loved the dynamics between Judi and Amber. It has very sinister undertones, you never know what is coming next between the two of them.
One thing they have in common is the need to get Ben and he's boys to themselves.
With very very dangerous consequences.
My opinions about Judi and Amber flip flopped the whole way through.
Which you will understand once you delve into the story.
I loathed Amber, she was manipulative, devious, twisted, controlling and determined to fit in with Ben's life no matter what.
Judi on the other hand came across as over protective, if not at times a little suffocating, determined, a little unbalanced.
Her marrige life really isn't perfect and her husband devalues her opinions the whole way through the book. He has lost all respect for Judi.
But He's no Angel it comes out he has had numerous affairs along the way!
Ben comes across as very weak, but he is still grieving and is lost in the lust of finding someone new.
But he really did frustrate me and at times I wanted to shake him and shout "open your eyes" ... I know they say love can be blind....but Wow!!!
Liar ensnared me, played with my emotions, kept me guessing, kept me reading all through the night, made me question my thoughts, it's gripping,and truly is the perfect physiological thriller!!!
The story is told by Judi and Amber, which is perfect as you really get to delve into their thoughts and actions. Very cleverly written.
The title really sums up the whole book.... someone is a Liar..... But who and why....and how far will they go!!!!
Would I recommend this book......100% ......YES!!!!
This is by Far my favourite physiological thriller of 2017..... I have a strong feeling Liar is going to be a hit!

Comments
Post a Comment