My Review - Mad - (20/6/17)

Mad - By Chloé Esposito




4☆ The Title sums this book up perfectly! Loved it!

Mad is the first book in the Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know Trilogy.

Mad is the perfect name for this book.
It's jam packed with Craziness, lots of laugh out loud moments, each chapter incorporated one of the 7 deadly sins.....
Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Lust, Gluttony, Greed and Pride.


When Beth contacts her identical twin Alvina asking her to come visit her and her family in Sicily, Alvina has always said no. It's really the last place she wants to be.
See they don't get on and Beth has the perfect family and Alvina is just cruising through life.

But on this occasion Alvina finds herself at a loss. She's just lost her job and has no money and no home.
 So she reluctantly agrees.

So when Alvina finally makes it too Beth's she really isn't expecting what Beth has in store for her.
I mean really not expecting it!
It's completely out of Beth's character..... she might as well be Alvina!!!! .... I mean that could happen....they are identical after all!!!

Trust me from here on you are in for a roller coaster of events. From murder, to mafia, to hit men.....its fast paced, completely MAD!! But totally addictive.

Is it believable?.... nope but it would make a great movie!
It really doesn't matter that it was so far from believable, because it stretched my imagination and I loved it.

Beth and Alvina just don't get on.
Beth is definitely the favourite twin which is why Alvina resents her so much.
Alvina has always lived in Beth's shadow. Never good enough, the one to always make mistakes.

For me I had a love/ hate opinion of Alvina she grated on me. But I could understand why she acted the way she did. Never being good enough, So she may as well become what everyone expected of her.

I loved how they wasn't your typical twins.
Yes they were identical.... But they really didn't get on.
I have twins in my family and they are best friends.
 Plus my Nan was a twin and she had the Twin vibe and if one hurt themselves so would the other twin.
So for me this book was really different to see the other side to twins.

I really don't know how to sum this book up or even what genre it might fall into, as there really is so much going on.

So I guess you will just have to read it for yourselves to decide where it should be placed.
You definitely won't be disappointed. Once you open the pages you won't be able to stop
It's gripping, family jealousy,thriller, very funny, sexy, dangerous, and just crazy!

I also would just like to point out that this book contains a fair amount of Sex and Adult themes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -