My Review - Under an Amber Sky - (24/5/17)
Under an Amber Sky -
By Rose Alexander
5☆ Poignant and heartfelt read. Loved it!
Under the Amber Sky is beautifully written. It's about love, grief, friendships, new beginnings, a Journey of discovery.
When one phonecall changes Sophie's life forever, her world is turned upside down.
Under the Amber Sky is beautifully written. It's about love, grief, friendships, new beginnings, a Journey of discovery.
When one phonecall changes Sophie's life forever, her world is turned upside down.
Sophie's best friend Anna is her rock and she feels that what Sophie needs more than ever is to get away.
So she persuades her to go to Montenegro with her.
It's here Sophie falls for the beautiful charm and people of Montenegro.
Sophie buys a very old run down house in desperate need of some TLC and quickly falls in love with it's need for some love.
Step by step Sophie starts to mend the house and her broken heart!
Such a heart breaking yet warm moment when Sophie starts to feel a sense of belonging.
When Sophie finds a box full of old letters she starts to read them one by one, discovering they are letters written by Mira to her husband who was a prisoner of war.
Sophie makes it her personal journey to find the missing link to see if there is someone to return the letters too.
I would like to applaud Rose for her stunning description of Montenegro.
I was literally transported into the book. If i closed my eyes I could see the island and it's beauty.
I loved Sophie I really felt her journey. The way Rose engages the reader with all of her characters is sublime.
I felt Sophie's pain and heartache, her laughter and love, her determination and strength.
There are some difficult subjects raised within the book but Rose handles them with sensitivity and Grace.
Overall Under the Amber Sky is simply Sublime. I was cast under a spell and was completely enthralled. Definetly a feast of different emotions.
I loved it!!
Perfect read for lovers of women's literature, readers who love adventure and emotional reads.
Would I recommend this book...... without a doubt.... YES!!!!

Comments
Post a Comment