My Review - The First Time Mum's Club - (16/5/17)
The First Time Mum's Club - By Lucie Wheeler
5☆+ Friendship, fun and First Time Mum's
Absolutely loved this book.
Such a fabulous fresh exciting idea for a book.
It had everything you could want in a book.
Laugh out loud Moments, heartwarming stories, at times tearful, beautiful friendships, Romance and New Beginnings.
Becoming a New Mum is always scary, so having the First Time Mum's Club for support is a fantastic and special idea. I think there should be clubs everywhere so Mum's know they are not alone!
No matter what your circumstances are the First Time Mum's Club welcomes everyone.
The story is based around 4 main characters... Zoe, Imogen, Ellie and Pippa
Zoe is the glue that holds each of the girls together. She is so strong and loyal. A truly beautiful person.
Zoe owns the coffee shop where the girls meet for the First Time Mum's Club.
Ellie is Zoe's sister. Things don't always go to plan between them and Ellie is convinced Zoe was always the favourite sister.
But as the story progresses their sisterly bond just gets stronger and stronger.
It's So beautiful to see.
Zoe and Ellie's backstory is quiet emotional.
Chris, Ellie's best friend is a great character. I wish there was more of him. (All will be revealed once you start reading)
Pippa is Zoe's best friend. She's been trying for years to conceive but things just haven't worked out.
She is married to Jason. Their marriage is far from a happy one. Jason I disliked the most, he is a coward and a bully!
Imogen does not have an easy backstory.
I warmed to her the most.
With emotional abuse from her Mother she always feels inadequate.
So when she falls in love and marries Alice her Mother does not approve one bit.
Imogen and Alice have also been trying for a baby for a long time.
Imogen meets Zoe and the others when they attend the First Time Mum's Club.
It's so nice to see Imogen finally accepting and loving herself with the support of the others!
With such different stories all four girls are bonded through being First Time Mums.
Seeing each one of them grow in character and confidence is heartwarming.
So beautiful to see that no matter how different they are, they are always there for each other.
From the very first pages where we meet Ellie I knew I was in for a fun read.... Lucie didn't disappoint she bought exactly that.... Fun!
I just want to mention how beautifully charming the cover is. Represents the story so well.
I would also like to say well done to Lucie for writing something different.
I'm sure lots of First Time Mum's and Mum's in general are going to relate to this story and the fabulous characters inside!!
Overall a really enjoyable fun read, great charming characters and some laugh out loud moments. A few twists along the way!What more could you want.
The only slight niggle I would of liked more of the Mum's Club... although the 4 ladies made up the First Time Mum's Club, we did get 2 group meeting where other mums attended.
Especially because Ellie and those meetings were so funny! She is not afraid to speak her mind!
I would of liked a lil more of the group meetings. But that is just a very very tiny niggle.
Other than that I Absolutely loved it!
I really hope we haven't seen the last of the First Time Mum's Club, there is definitely more I can't wait to uncover!
The perfect ending to a perfect book!!
Would I recommend this book.... 100% YES!!
I would recommend this book to readers who love Rom Com's, Chick Lit, Women's Literature and Mum's in general!
5☆+ Friendship, fun and First Time Mum's
Absolutely loved this book.
Such a fabulous fresh exciting idea for a book.
It had everything you could want in a book.
Laugh out loud Moments, heartwarming stories, at times tearful, beautiful friendships, Romance and New Beginnings.
Becoming a New Mum is always scary, so having the First Time Mum's Club for support is a fantastic and special idea. I think there should be clubs everywhere so Mum's know they are not alone!
No matter what your circumstances are the First Time Mum's Club welcomes everyone.
The story is based around 4 main characters... Zoe, Imogen, Ellie and Pippa
Zoe is the glue that holds each of the girls together. She is so strong and loyal. A truly beautiful person.
Zoe owns the coffee shop where the girls meet for the First Time Mum's Club.
Ellie is Zoe's sister. Things don't always go to plan between them and Ellie is convinced Zoe was always the favourite sister.
But as the story progresses their sisterly bond just gets stronger and stronger.
It's So beautiful to see.
Zoe and Ellie's backstory is quiet emotional.
Chris, Ellie's best friend is a great character. I wish there was more of him. (All will be revealed once you start reading)
Pippa is Zoe's best friend. She's been trying for years to conceive but things just haven't worked out.
She is married to Jason. Their marriage is far from a happy one. Jason I disliked the most, he is a coward and a bully!
Imogen does not have an easy backstory.
I warmed to her the most.
With emotional abuse from her Mother she always feels inadequate.
So when she falls in love and marries Alice her Mother does not approve one bit.
Imogen and Alice have also been trying for a baby for a long time.
Imogen meets Zoe and the others when they attend the First Time Mum's Club.
It's so nice to see Imogen finally accepting and loving herself with the support of the others!
With such different stories all four girls are bonded through being First Time Mums.
Seeing each one of them grow in character and confidence is heartwarming.
So beautiful to see that no matter how different they are, they are always there for each other.
From the very first pages where we meet Ellie I knew I was in for a fun read.... Lucie didn't disappoint she bought exactly that.... Fun!
I just want to mention how beautifully charming the cover is. Represents the story so well.
I would also like to say well done to Lucie for writing something different.
I'm sure lots of First Time Mum's and Mum's in general are going to relate to this story and the fabulous characters inside!!
Overall a really enjoyable fun read, great charming characters and some laugh out loud moments. A few twists along the way!What more could you want.
The only slight niggle I would of liked more of the Mum's Club... although the 4 ladies made up the First Time Mum's Club, we did get 2 group meeting where other mums attended.
Especially because Ellie and those meetings were so funny! She is not afraid to speak her mind!
I would of liked a lil more of the group meetings. But that is just a very very tiny niggle.
Other than that I Absolutely loved it!
I really hope we haven't seen the last of the First Time Mum's Club, there is definitely more I can't wait to uncover!
The perfect ending to a perfect book!!
Would I recommend this book.... 100% YES!!
I would recommend this book to readers who love Rom Com's, Chick Lit, Women's Literature and Mum's in general!

Comments
Post a Comment