Blog Tour- Odyssey in a Teacup
Blog Tour
Odyssey in a Teacup
by Paula Houseman
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Odyssey in a Teacup
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Paula Houseman for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Encounters with a pair of supersized Y-fronts; a humourless schoolmarm with an unfortunate name and monstrous yellow incisors; and a tut-tutting, big-breasted, modern-day gorgon are the norm for Ruth Roth. She’s used to crazy.
Her mum squawks like a harpy and her dad has a dodgy moral compass. Add in daily face-offs with a relentlessly bitchy mirror, and Ruth’s home life feels like a Greek tragicomedy.
She hankers for the ordinary. But blah is not a good fit for someone who doesn’t fit in. And isn’t meant to.
Ruth’s vanilla existence is an issue for her besties—her hot-looking, obsessive-compulsive cousin and soul mate (who needs to do everything twice-twice), and her two closest girlfriends.
With their encouragement and a good homoeopathic dose of ancient mythology, Ruth embarks on an odyssey to retrieve her spirit. She’s confronted with her biggest challenge ever, though, when one of these friends sends her spiralling back into a dark place.
The decision she must make can either bring her out or launch the mother of all wars in her world.
Purchase from Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Odyssey-Teacup-Inspiring-Chick-Novel-ebook/dp/B0153VEB2I
πππππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A Witty Read
Odyssey in a Teacup is a coming of age, quirky, humorous read, that is at times like a roller coaster. With drama, adventure and mishaps
I'm not going to mention the plot as I think the blurb pretty much sums up the story perfectly, and I don't want to potentially give anything away!
It took me a while to get into this story.
There are plenty of characters and the beginning had me a little confused.
But once I got into the story it had me laughing out loud, and relating to some of the stories.
This truly is a coming of age story, with quirky characters, relatable mishaps and scenes, a story of growing up, experiencing life, romance, sex, first kisses, friendship, A hectic family, school life, religion, marriage and adulthood.
There is sexual references and swearing which some readers may find uncomfortable.
My only gripe was the phobia of obese people, I just found it a little uncomfortable being a larger lady myself I just didn't think it particularly added anything.
Overall the Odyssey in a Teacup is a witty, sarcastic, humorous, coming of age story filled with quirky relatable characters.
The writing style had a memoir feel which I enjoyed once I got used to it.
I would recommend reading this roller coaster of a journey to adulthood.
Odyssey in a Teacup is a coming of age, quirky, humorous read, that is at times like a roller coaster. With drama, adventure and mishaps
I'm not going to mention the plot as I think the blurb pretty much sums up the story perfectly, and I don't want to potentially give anything away!
It took me a while to get into this story.
There are plenty of characters and the beginning had me a little confused.
But once I got into the story it had me laughing out loud, and relating to some of the stories.
This truly is a coming of age story, with quirky characters, relatable mishaps and scenes, a story of growing up, experiencing life, romance, sex, first kisses, friendship, A hectic family, school life, religion, marriage and adulthood.
There is sexual references and swearing which some readers may find uncomfortable.
My only gripe was the phobia of obese people, I just found it a little uncomfortable being a larger lady myself I just didn't think it particularly added anything.
Overall the Odyssey in a Teacup is a witty, sarcastic, humorous, coming of age story filled with quirky relatable characters.
The writing style had a memoir feel which I enjoyed once I got used to it.
I would recommend reading this roller coaster of a journey to adulthood.
πππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Paula Houseman was once a graphic designer. But when the temptation to include ‘the finger’ as part of a logo for a forward-moving women’s company proved too much, she knew it was time to give away design. Instead, she took up writing.
She found she was a natural with the double entendres (God knows she’d been in enough trouble as a child for dirty wordplay).
As a published writer of earthy chick lit and romantic comedy, Paula gets to bend, twist, stretch and juice up universal experiences to shape reality the way she wants it, even if it is only in books. But at the same time, she can make it more real, so that her readers feel part of the sisterhood. Or brotherhood (realness has nothing to do with gender).
Through her books, Paula also wants to help the reader escape into life and love’s comic relief. And who doesn’t need to sometimes?
Her style is a tad Monty Pythonesque because she adores satire. It helps defuse all those gaffes and thoughts that no one is too proud of.
Paula lives in Sydney, Australia with her husband. No other creatures. The kids have flown the nest and the dogs are long gone.
Social Media Links –
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/PaulaHouseman
πππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... Odyssey in a Teacup by Paula Houseman
You can also follow along with the Blog Blitz
by Checking out the Poster Below⬇️
πππππππππππππππππ


Comments
Post a Comment