Blog Tour- THE GIRL ON THE DOORSTEP
Blog Tour
Left an orphan, five-year-old Rosie Harris is found and raised by Maria, a Romany gypsy. Life on the road is hard, but the little girl soon feels one of the tribe with the travellers.
As she grows older, Rosie realises she has ͚second sight͛ and is able to read people͛s palms and see into their futures. Needing to make a living of her own, she befriends the canal folk, known as the ͚cut-rats͛ traversing the Black Country waterways with their cargo, and so offers readings to anyone who can pay.
Pursued by Jake Harding, a Romany bandolier who wants her for his wife, Rosie instead finds herself falling in love with a married man. And despite growing ominous signs that her future may be cursed, Rosie can͛t quite break away from the dream of a happily ever after…
Lindsey Hutchinson is a master storyteller, and her Black Country sagas are heart-breaking, uplifting and truly addictive.
Buy links:
Amazon:mybook.to/TheGirlOnTheDoorstep
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2z5VMlf
iBooks: https://apple.co/2uJjGya
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2KIHKL4
Lindsey lives in Shropshire with her husband and dog.
She loves to read and has recently discovered photography.
Lindsey is the daughter of million-copy bestselling author Meg Hutchinson.
Follow
Twitter: @LHutchAuthor
Facebook: @Lindsey Hutchinson
THE GIRL ON THE DOORSTEP
By LINDSEY HUTCHINSON
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
THE GIRL ON THE DOORSTEP
I would like to thank Victoria from Aria and LINDSEY HUTCHINSON for inviting me on the blog tour.
🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮
Book Information
As she grows older, Rosie realises she has ͚second sight͛ and is able to read people͛s palms and see into their futures. Needing to make a living of her own, she befriends the canal folk, known as the ͚cut-rats͛ traversing the Black Country waterways with their cargo, and so offers readings to anyone who can pay.
Pursued by Jake Harding, a Romany bandolier who wants her for his wife, Rosie instead finds herself falling in love with a married man. And despite growing ominous signs that her future may be cursed, Rosie can͛t quite break away from the dream of a happily ever after…
Lindsey Hutchinson is a master storyteller, and her Black Country sagas are heart-breaking, uplifting and truly addictive.
Buy links:
Amazon:mybook.to/TheGirlOnTheDoorstep
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2z5VMlf
iBooks: https://apple.co/2uJjGya
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2KIHKL4
🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕
My Review
5☆ A Stunning Must Read!
THE GIRL ON THE DOORSTEP is a stunning story that had me simply enchanted by the characters and the life of the travellers.
Rosie was just 5years old when her mother died of a heart attack. Alone and scared, along came Gypsy Maria Valesco, to save her from the Workhouse.
Maria took Rosie under her wing, and taught her all about the life and culture of the Romanies.
Rosie quickly came to realise the discrimination the Romanies faced every day. But she also embraced the culture and soon became to realise that like Maria she too had 'The Sight' the ability to tell fortune.
When Rosie meets Margaret Mitchell aka Margy, who is part of “cut-rats” (the canal travellers) she senses a connection and a deep sadness, and trouble ahead for her.
Rosie finds Margy again and they soon become friends, as Margy welcomes her into the cut-rats family. Rosie settles in perfectly and soon begins to use her abilities to earn money and pay her way.
Rosie doesn't have it easy, every time she appears to be doing well, something happens. But Rosie is strong and resilient and she just keeps dusting herself off and getting back up!
I don't want to delve anymore into the story as I may give something away.
This story absolutely melted my heart.
I love reading books about the Romanie Gypsies, their beliefs and traditions.
But particularly enjoyed learning about the 'cut-rats' which I haven't yet come across before.
Lindsey Hutchinson has written a highly absorbing, Enchanting, Compelling and poignant read, that was authentic, it had romance, tragedy, drama, heartache, discrimination, tradition, loyalty, strength, friendship, fortune telling. It was heart warming, emotional, and had me hooked!
The characters were spot on! I built up connections with the characters and truly felt part of the story which I loved.
This is my first book I have read by Lindsey and I now have her on my must read list.
The Girl on the Doorstep is 5th book in the series and I am definitely going to look into the other books.
If you enjoy Historical Fiction, that has a rich Romanie storyline, that is simply absorbing, beautifully written, a cast of intriguing characters, that will have you captivated then you will adore The Girl on the Doorstep.
THE GIRL ON THE DOORSTEP is a stunning story that had me simply enchanted by the characters and the life of the travellers.
Rosie was just 5years old when her mother died of a heart attack. Alone and scared, along came Gypsy Maria Valesco, to save her from the Workhouse.
Maria took Rosie under her wing, and taught her all about the life and culture of the Romanies.
Rosie quickly came to realise the discrimination the Romanies faced every day. But she also embraced the culture and soon became to realise that like Maria she too had 'The Sight' the ability to tell fortune.
When Rosie meets Margaret Mitchell aka Margy, who is part of “cut-rats” (the canal travellers) she senses a connection and a deep sadness, and trouble ahead for her.
Rosie finds Margy again and they soon become friends, as Margy welcomes her into the cut-rats family. Rosie settles in perfectly and soon begins to use her abilities to earn money and pay her way.
Rosie doesn't have it easy, every time she appears to be doing well, something happens. But Rosie is strong and resilient and she just keeps dusting herself off and getting back up!
I don't want to delve anymore into the story as I may give something away.
This story absolutely melted my heart.
I love reading books about the Romanie Gypsies, their beliefs and traditions.
But particularly enjoyed learning about the 'cut-rats' which I haven't yet come across before.
Lindsey Hutchinson has written a highly absorbing, Enchanting, Compelling and poignant read, that was authentic, it had romance, tragedy, drama, heartache, discrimination, tradition, loyalty, strength, friendship, fortune telling. It was heart warming, emotional, and had me hooked!
The characters were spot on! I built up connections with the characters and truly felt part of the story which I loved.
This is my first book I have read by Lindsey and I now have her on my must read list.
The Girl on the Doorstep is 5th book in the series and I am definitely going to look into the other books.
If you enjoy Historical Fiction, that has a rich Romanie storyline, that is simply absorbing, beautifully written, a cast of intriguing characters, that will have you captivated then you will adore The Girl on the Doorstep.
🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕
Author Bio
She loves to read and has recently discovered photography.
Lindsey is the daughter of million-copy bestselling author Meg Hutchinson.
Follow
Twitter: @LHutchAuthor
Facebook: @Lindsey Hutchinson
🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... THE GIRL ON THE DOORSTEP By LINDSEY HUTCHINSON
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕🔮💕



Sounds like a great story Dash, wonderful review.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Carla 💕 it really was such a beautiful read. I love stories like this one x
Delete