Blog Tour - The Last Plantagenet?  

Blog Tour 





The Last Plantagenet?  
by Jennifer C. Wilson​ 




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
The Last Plantagenet?  

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Jennifer C. Wilson for inviting me on the blog tour.

💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Book Information 


The fireplace hadn't looked like a time-portal.
All Kate had wanted was a fun, relaxing day out, watching the knights jousting at Nottingham Castle. What she ended up with was something quite different.
Transported in a heartbeat from 2011 to 1485, how will Kate handle life at the Ricardian court? Even more importantly, how will she cope when she catches the eye of the king himself?


Purchase Link -  Amazon




💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

My Review 


3☆ A unique Historical Romance with a Timeslip Twist

The Last Plantagenet is a short historical romance.

This is a story about an encounter with King Richard III as Kate goes back in time and finds herself transformed into one of the servants. As she captures the attention of Richard III, who she is fascinated with.

I did enjoy this short story, but I felt it was missing something.
I didn't really get the opening scene. I understand the fire place was a time portal but I felt like I was rushed into Kate suddenly finding herself in the medieval kitchen.

Time travel isn't something I normally read, and although it is only a small feature within the story maybe that is why i struggled to connect.

Although it is only 68pages long I do think Wilson has packed in loads.
It was action packed and the romance fizzles along nicely.
I don't know too much about this time period I'm afraid to say, so it was nice getting a brief glimpse.


I also just want to mention how absolutely gorgeous the cover is.

I do recommend The Last Plantagenet?  especially if you enjoy action packed short novellas that have a unique timeslip twist and historical romance set in King Richard III time period.





💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Extract  


2nd July 2011, Nottingham Castle

The fireplace hadn’t looked like a time-portal. Of all the things flying through Kate’s mind as she gazed around the chaos that was the medieval kitchen, that was the one that stood out.  
 
It was meant to be just an ordinary Saturday. A blissful day, enjoying the pounding of hooves cantering around the grounds of Nottingham Castle. Kate had relaxed for once, watching a re-enactment of the Wars of the Roses, celebrating the town’s part in King Richard III’s fateful final few weeks, as he travelled to Leicester to meet Henry Tudor, and his fate at Bosworth. As an avid fan of the period, it was Kate’s perfect Saturday, watching the actors in their armour or fine costumes. She meandered between the stalls, ate her fill of food from the time, and absorbed the atmosphere, enjoying a break from the drudgery of real life. Now, full of roasted chicken and mulled wine, even in the middle of summer, Kate was casually forgetting the accounts she knew she had to settle when she returned to the office on Monday morning. So few of the re-enactments Kate had watched featured Richard III as the hero of their piece, and yet, here he was, taking centre stage, just where he belonged in Kate’s opinion. Too many documentaries, plays and other works cast him as an evil, power-grabbing, child-murdering maniac; today, he was just as she had always pictured him – a man doing his best, no worse than any other medieval monarch, who fell foul of Tudor propaganda. Kate had always supported the underdog, she thought as she wandered around the tents, and Richard was certainly that.  
But then the rain started. A summer storm, Kate decided, ignoring the gathering clouds for as long as she could, but once the heavens opened, they refused to close, drenching everyone to the skin as they ran for cover. Ducking inside, Kate found herself standing in front of the former kitchen’s grand fireplace, flickering away with fake, LED flames, fake meat roasting on fake spits. A clap of thunder made Kate jump, causing her bag to slide off her shoulder and in amongst the ‘burning’ logs; she leant in to retrieve it, just at the moment the first bolt of lightning struck.  
In a heartbeat, the world went black.



💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Author Bio 





Jennifer is a marine biologist by training, who developed an equal passion for history whilst stalking Mary, Queen of Scots of childhood holidays (she since moved on to Richard III). She completed her BSc and MSc at the University of Hull, and has worked as a marine environmental consultant since graduating.

Enrolling on an adult education workshop on her return to the north-east reignited Jennifer’s pastime of creative writing, and she has been filling notebooks ever since. In 2014, Jennifer won the Story Tyne short story competition, and also continues to work on developing her poetic voice, reading at a number of events, and with several pieces available online. Her Kindred Spirits novels are published by Crooked Cat Books and available via Amazon.



Social Media Links – Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram




💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about The Last Plantagenet?  by Jennifer C. Wilson​ 

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️





💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling