Blog Tour- Entrapped
Blog Tour
Entrapped
by Claire Ayres
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
Entrapped
I would like to thank Jenny at Neverland Blog Tours and Claire Ayres for inviting me on the blog tour.
📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚
Book Information
Cellist, Luka, has moved to Bristol to start a new job and recover from the betrayal of finding his best friend and his girlfriend in bed together. He doesn’t plan on the emotional thunderstorm that meeting his next-door neighbour Jess causes.
Jess had everything, a man she loved, friends she adored and then the world crashed around her. Depression came from nowhere and slowly started ripping her life away. Now she lives a lonely, sad life but the music which she keeps hearing next door is waking her up and she doesn’t know why.
Join Luka and Jess as they discover life after heartache, how to forgive and how to live and love again.
*Entrapped is an 18+ Contemporary Romance with several graphic sex scenes*
Jess had everything, a man she loved, friends she adored and then the world crashed around her. Depression came from nowhere and slowly started ripping her life away. Now she lives a lonely, sad life but the music which she keeps hearing next door is waking her up and she doesn’t know why.
Join Luka and Jess as they discover life after heartache, how to forgive and how to live and love again.
*Entrapped is an 18+ Contemporary Romance with several graphic sex scenes*
📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕
My Review
4☆ A Steamy Romance
Entrapped is a beautiful steamy read about betrayal, depression, second chances and finding love and breaking down walls.
Jess's ex dumped her because he couldn't cope with her depression!
Now I suffer with depression & my fiancé is AMAZING! God knows I would leave me at times. But for Jess him leaving only makes her stronger!
Luka is sexy and handsome but he has been deeply hurt in his previous relationship too, so he finds it extremely hard to trust.
So when Jess & Luka meet there is an obvious chemistry if only they could let their guard down!
But wow it was wonderful to watch them soften towards each other when the passion sizzles between them.
Entrapped is a sizzling hot passionate read that will get your pulses racing, but also it has a side that will leave your heart melting and aching for the characters stories.
I would definitely recommend reading this steamy romance, but be warned there is a fair amount of 18+ romance!
Entrapped is a beautiful steamy read about betrayal, depression, second chances and finding love and breaking down walls.
Jess's ex dumped her because he couldn't cope with her depression!
Now I suffer with depression & my fiancé is AMAZING! God knows I would leave me at times. But for Jess him leaving only makes her stronger!
Luka is sexy and handsome but he has been deeply hurt in his previous relationship too, so he finds it extremely hard to trust.
So when Jess & Luka meet there is an obvious chemistry if only they could let their guard down!
But wow it was wonderful to watch them soften towards each other when the passion sizzles between them.
Entrapped is a sizzling hot passionate read that will get your pulses racing, but also it has a side that will leave your heart melting and aching for the characters stories.
I would definitely recommend reading this steamy romance, but be warned there is a fair amount of 18+ romance!
📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚
Guest Post
Entrapped and Depression
My main character Jess has lots going for her she’s fun, interesting, friendly, quirky but she’s also battling a demon we see as a recurring theme in this book; depression. I wanted the depression in this book to feel real though, I’ve read a lot of books where what is being experienced didn’t fit with my own experiences of depression, or the characters had a miraculous recovery and that doesn’t feel real to me either so I wanted to give my readers something which would hold up a little stronger.
I have bipolar and depression is a huge part of that, I’ve spent almost half of my life in a depression but even with that much experience writing depression isn’t easy. Trying to describe the thoughts and feelings from the outside is difficult, not overplaying your hand to keep the level of the depression in line with where you want the person to be, and ensuring their reactions fit are all key. Jess took a lot of time and fine tuning to get right and I spent a lot of time altering her scenes and moving words around to get just the right fit before I was truly happy with what I had.
I particularly struggled with adding emotion to the depression, dry depression is one thing, but then mix in some emotion and you have a powder keg where things become a little unpredictable. How does somebody in that situation act? Does it depend on their personality? Does their personality change? I had to ask myself these types of questions and answer them to formulate what Jess would do in these situations. Basing it on my own reactions wasn’t necessarily true because I overreact to everything and blow a fuse going the angry monster route, I couldn’t see a scenario where that fit for Jess so I had to find a solution which worked for her.
I wanted Jess to feel the negative emotions of somebody she cared about. I’ve been there having somebody throw negativity my way when I was expecting love and support and I didn’t want to go the traditional book route of everything being rosy all the time, especially with a topic like this. Jess get’s hurt in spectacular fashion at the worst possible time and it’s a sign of her resilience that she pushes through it and continues on with everything.
Then there is the recurrence of depression, anybody who has suffered with depression knows the likelihood of it recurring is high. I wanted Jess to feel that knock as the depression crawls back into her life. For her to be consumed and defeated by all that was going on in her life as she knows she can’t fight it. But I also want to see some hope as she starts to get on top of it, because most of us find a way through that second time. Coping tools armed and ready to go we are better equipped despite how it feels.
I wanted mental health to play a part in this book because it’s a normal part of life for so many of us. It’s not the pivotal element of the book but it certainly plays it’s own part and will teach us an awful lot about Jess.
📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚
Author Bio
Claire lives in Bristol, UK and has taken her inspiration from the people and the places she has seen over the years. She always has a book close at hand and devours Fantasy and Romance like some devour chocolate! Claire loves a happily ever after followed by lots of bloody sword-fighting and dangerous dragons! But when writing her debut novel Entrapped drew on her childhood ambition to be a musician and one of the instruments she played and still loves as a centre-point.
Claire is also a passionate mental health advocate who lives with bipolar disorder and has done regular radio interviews and even some TV. She is also a huge heavy metal fan and can regularly be found banging her head at a concert or festival.
Claire is also a passionate mental health advocate who lives with bipolar disorder and has done regular radio interviews and even some TV. She is also a huge heavy metal fan and can regularly be found banging her head at a concert or festival.
📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about......
Entrapped by Claire Ayres
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕



Great review Dash Fan. I enjoyed reading the information from Claire as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Carla 💕 Me too Claire has written a beautiful and insightful guest post. Really helps to understand her main character x
Delete