Blog Tour- The Cheesemaker’s House

Blog Tour 




The Cheesemaker’s House 
by Jane Cable 




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.......
The Cheesemaker’s House 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Jane Cable for inviting me on the blog tour.

🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡

Book Information 




Just think, Alice, right now Owen could be putting a hex on you!
When Alice Hart’s husband runs off with his secretary, she runs off with his dog to lick her wounds in a North Yorkshire village. Battling with loneliness but trying to make the best of her new start, she soon meets her neighbours, including the drop-dead gorgeous builder Richard Wainwright and the kindly yet reticent cafe´ owner, Owen Maltby.

As Alice employs Richard to start renovating the barn next to her house, all is not what it seems. Why does she start seeing Owen when he clearly isn’t there? Where - or when - does the strange crying come from? And if Owen is the village charmer, what exactly does that mean?

The Cheesemaker’s House is a gripping read, inspired by a framed will found in the dining room of the author’s dream Yorkshire house. The previous owners explained that the house had been built at the request of the village cheesemaker in 1726 - and that the cheesemaker was a woman. And so the historical aspect of the story was born.

Jane Cable’s novel won the Suspense & Crime category of The Alan Titchmarsh Show People’s Novelist competition, reaching the last four out of over a thousand entries. The Cheesemaker’s House can be enjoyed by anyone who has become bored of today’s predictable boy-meets-girl romance novels.


“I desperately want to find out about Owen; a fascinating character... the gift here is to make you want to read on.”
Jeffrey Archer



Purchase Links
Amazon universal link: viewBook.at/CheesemakersHouse
Waterstones: https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-cheesemakers-house/jane-cable/9781783061242
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/the-cheesemaker-s-house
iBook: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/the-cheesemakers-house/id930925191



🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡

My Review 

5☆ Atmospheric, Mystery, romantic suspense

The Cheesemaker’s House is an eerie, ghostly romance that draws you in.

When Alice decides she needs to escape her previous life and her cheating ex hubby, she sets off to Yorkshire.
Where she moves into an old cottage that is need of some TLC just like Alice.

However things don't quiet go as well as she would hope when she starts hearing crying throughout the night. But where is the eerie crying coming from?

Alice also befriends Owen. The two start to become close. But as time moves on Alice starts to see Owen in places that he can't possibly be.
Which actually started to give me chills. What with the spooky crying and the Owen appearing in random places it unnerved me.

Jane created a rich atmospheric, somewhat ghostly supernatural romance. That's full of mystery, heartache and intrigue and romantic suspense.

The Cheesemaker’s House is a slower paced read that is perfect for the unravelling of the plot.

This isn't my usual type of read, but I was captivated by the blurb and the cover.
Normally ghostly stories freak me out a little. But Jane had me engrossed by the eerie goings on, I just had to find out the truth.

If you enjoy supernatural romantic suspense with a good helping of mystery and intrigue then you must give the The Cheesemaker’s House by Jane Cable a read! You won't be disappointed!

🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡❓🏡

Excerpt

THE CHEESEMAKER’S HOUSE
Newly arrived in Yorkshire, Alice meets Owen for the first time – but discovers she’s seen him before.
    I need a coffee. Badly. I spy Costa’s opposite but from an opening to my left comes a wondrous waft of baking mixed with roasting beans. I skipped breakfast and I didn’t even know I was hungry.

    It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust to the shade of the alleyway. I grope my way down the side of a haberdashery and past a florist before the paving opens out onto the edge of the supermarket car park. It isn’t a promising location, but the door of the café is clean and newly painted so I go in.

    The coffee shop is completely devoid of customers and at first there seems to be no-one serving, but then a fresh faced guy of about thirty pops up from behind the counter. I stare at him, open mouthed, because he is the man I watched swim in the river yesterday. Same fair hair falling forwards over his oval face; same generous lips; same jutting chin.

    “Can I help you?” He looks at me curiously as I continue to gape. “Err... do I have a smudge of coffee on my nose or something?”

    I manage to recover myself. He is so beautifully turned out, perfectly shaven and wearing a crisply ironed linen shirt, that he would be the last person in the world to have a smudge on his nose. “I’m sorry. It’s just I thought I recognised you from somewhere, that’s all.”
    He smiles politely. “Strange how that sometimes happens, isn’t it? Now, what can I get you?”
    “A skinny latte and...” I scan the display of cakes, temptingly mouth-watering in their glass cabinet. “Oh my God – are they all home made?”
    “My business partner, Adam, bakes them. He’s very gifted in the kitchen department.” He leans forward. “I’d go for a caramel shortbread if I were you; it’s still warm and gooey from the oven.”

    I hope he will not notice that my hands are shaking as I pick up my tray and take it to a table by the big picture window. I spread my newspaper in front of me. But I’m not looking at it – I’m not even looking at the shoppers walking past; I’m wondering how the hell he got out of the river without me seeing him.




🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡

Author Bio




Although brought up in Cardiff, Jane Cable left Wales to study at the age of eighteen and has lived in England ever since. Her father was Anglo-Welsh poet Mercer Simpson so growing up in a house full of books Jane always read – and wrote. In 2011 she started to take her hobby seriously when The Cheesemaker’s House, which became her debut novel, reached the final of The Alan Titchmarsh Show’s People’s Novelist competition. She writes romance with a twist of mystery which has been published independently and through the UK ebook giant, Endeavour Press. Jane is an active member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and a director of Chindi Authors.
In 2017 Jane moved to Cornwall and this year will become a full time author. She’s passionate about her new home, cricket, travelling and her husband of 22 years – although not necessarily in that order.


Social Media Links
Website: www.janecable.com
Twitter: @JaneCable
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/romanticsuspensenovels/



🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... The Cheesemaker’s House by Jane Cable 

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️







🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡⁉️🏡

Comments

  1. I am also not a big ghost story reader, but this sounds good with the mystery and romance aspects. I will have to see if I can find this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla. It really was a very different read. I'm glad I said yes to the Tour as it wouldn't of been a book I would have picked up due to the ghostly aspect. But I am so glad I did. Keeping my fingers crossed you manage to get a copy 🤞 x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -