Blog Tour- The girl who wanted to belong
Book Spotlight
The Girl Who Wanted to Belong
by Angela Hart
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
The girl who wanted to belong
I would like to thank Don from Pan Macmillan and Angela Hart for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Lucy is eight years old and ends up in foster care after being abandoned by her mum and kicked out by her new stepmother. Two aunties and then her elderly grandmother take her in but it seems nobody can cope with Lucy’s disruptive behaviour. Social Services hope a stay with experienced foster carer Angela will help Lucy settle down. She misses her dad and three siblings and is desperate for a fresh start back home, but will Lucy ever be able to live in harmony with her stepmother and her stepsister – a girl who was once her best friend at school?
The Girl Who Wanted to Belong is the fifth book from well-loved foster carer and Sunday Times bestselling author Angela Hart. A true story that shares the tale of one of the many children she has fostered over the years. Angela's stories show the difference that quiet care, a watchful eye and sympathetic ear can make to those children whose upbringing has been less fortunate than others.
ππππππππππππππππππ
Author Q&A Guest Post
1. Can you tell your readers something about why you chose to write about this topic?
Unfortunately, I’ve looked after many children who, for one reason or another, do not get along with members of their family or step family. Lucy’s story is a cautionary tale of the long-term damage that can be done when relationships within families don’t work. I wanted to highlight how important it is for a child to feel they belong in a family unit.
2. How long did it take to write the book?
About three months if you mean how long did I sit at my laptop, typing away. However, I could say that it took at least eight years. You would have to read the book to see what I mean!
3. What resources do you use? In general and for the last book that you wrote?
I draw on my own knowledge, amassed over thirty years of fostering. I still attend training sessions in my capacity as a specialist foster carer so I am always up to date on latest policies, research, safeguarding and general good practice. I use the Internet to double check specific details and dates and to help jog my memory about the period in time I am writing about. My husband Jonathan and I always sit down and have a good talk before I start to write each book. We pick over our memories and look back over photo albums and our personal diaries. We were not permitted to keep any records relating to the children, but our own diaries are extremely useful.
4. Does writing provide sufficient income to live on?
No. I’m a foster carer first and foremost. I write the books primarily because I believe these stories should be told. I hope they help inform other fosters carers, and in fact anyone who is bringing up children, particularly those with complex needs.
5. What do you read yourself?
I love to read other fostering memoirs and books based on true stories. My favourite book of all time is Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews. I read this decades ago and it inspired me to go into fostering and help children who found themselves in horrible situations. It’s such a gripping and haunting story. Unforgettable.
ππππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Angela Hart, who writes under a pseudonym, is a specialist foster carer for children with complex needs.
Angela has been a foster carer for over 25 years, during which time she and her husband, Jonathan, have looked after more than fifty children.
Her books Terrified and The Girl Who Just Wanted To Be Loved were top ten Sunday Times bestsellers.
ππππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about......The Girl Who Wanted to Belong
by Angela Hart
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
Publisher - @booksbybluebird
ππππππππππππππππππππππ


Comments
Post a Comment