Blog Tour - TAKEN - 16/3/18
Blog Tour
A gripping thriller full of twists you won't see coming... The next serial killer read from the author of Missing and Hunted. Perfect for the fans of Angela Marsons and Jeffrey Deaver.
It's been two years since mass murderer, Giacomo Riondino, disappeared after killing Greta Alfieri... Dr Claps, devastated and guilt-ridden by Greta's death has been on a man-hunt for Riondino ever since.
Meanwhile, an American girl disappears on the 382nd step of the Cerro trail in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
No one saw her disappear. Who took her? And how?
When the US authorities contact Claps, he is certain that it must be Riordino. But, unlike Riondino's other victims, the girl has disappeared into thin air...
Will Claps solve the puzzle, or will he lose his mind in the process, blinded by his own obsession?
Links to buy
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2Hx51v0
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2oqyKNd
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2okGiRX
iBooks: https://apple.co/2FnEgIH
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
My Review
4☆ A Serial Killer With Multiple Personalities!
I do believe Taken is the second book in the series. Although this can be read as a standalone I wish i had known before it was a second book as there are backstories I would of liked more info on before reading. I would however recommend reading the first book - Hunted.
Taken is a cat and mouse crime thriller with exciting twists and turns you won't see coming.
There is also a serial killer on the lose who has been diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID).Which I was more familiar with it as multiple personality disorder.
This makes for a very compelling read as I don't think I've ever come across a serial killer with DID before.
It certainly made for a provocative twist.
Completely draws you in as you never know what to expect next, adding to the suspense and drama.
When as a reader you delve into the darkest depths of his mindset and the many characters he plays throughout.
I applaud Marsden for how well written Riondino's characters are. Highly believable. It opens the readers eyes and educates. It just goes to show how Marsden has Very well researched Dissociative Identity Disorder. As his knowledge oozes onto the pages.
When a Young American Girl Shelia Ross, goes missing. It's a race against time to find her.
Dr Claps is a climatologist and profiler and he is very much obsessed with Riondino who he believes has taken Shelia.
Dr Claps had a hidden agenda in finding Riondino as he has already killed someone before.
Riondino was currently residing in a secure psychiatric unit.
Well that was until he managed somehow to escape!
His on the run and Dr Claps is convinced he has taken Shelia!
You see Riondino is one clever serial killer and manages to intricately outsmart the police and Authorities with his Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Due to his multiple profiles he is able to outwit and stay one step ahead.
He is conniving, Minipulative, unpredictable making him highly dangerous and a ticking time bomb!
I thoroughly enjoyed Marsden' s fresh twist on a serial killer.
It's not a fast paced read, but certainly builds in suspense and is very much character driven.
This is definitely a book where you need to read with plenty of time on your hands.
There is a fair amount of characters and the multiple personalities makes it a lil confusing at times.
Stick with it as it just gets better.
I haven't yet had the pleasure of reading Monty Marsden books before Taken, but I will definitely be looking out for more!
Will be recommending this book!
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
Author Bio
Monty Marsden, a Tuscan by birth, grew up in Milan, where he studied medicine and still works.
He lives in the province of Bergamo, with his wife and four children.
Follow Aria
Website: www.ariafiction.com
Facebook: @ariafiction
Twitter: @aria_fiction
Instagram: @ariafiction
NetGalley: http://bit.ly/2lkKB0e
Sign up to the Aria newsletter: http://bit.ly/2jQxVtV
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about...... TAKEN
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
TAKEN
by MONTY MARSDEN
Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you........ TAKEN
I would like to thank Melanie Price at Aria and Monty Marsden for inviting me on the Blog Tour.
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
Book Information
It's been two years since mass murderer, Giacomo Riondino, disappeared after killing Greta Alfieri... Dr Claps, devastated and guilt-ridden by Greta's death has been on a man-hunt for Riondino ever since.
Meanwhile, an American girl disappears on the 382nd step of the Cerro trail in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
No one saw her disappear. Who took her? And how?
When the US authorities contact Claps, he is certain that it must be Riordino. But, unlike Riondino's other victims, the girl has disappeared into thin air...
Will Claps solve the puzzle, or will he lose his mind in the process, blinded by his own obsession?
Links to buy
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2Hx51v0
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2oqyKNd
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2okGiRX
iBooks: https://apple.co/2FnEgIH
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
My Review
4☆ A Serial Killer With Multiple Personalities!
I do believe Taken is the second book in the series. Although this can be read as a standalone I wish i had known before it was a second book as there are backstories I would of liked more info on before reading. I would however recommend reading the first book - Hunted.
Taken is a cat and mouse crime thriller with exciting twists and turns you won't see coming.
There is also a serial killer on the lose who has been diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID).Which I was more familiar with it as multiple personality disorder.
This makes for a very compelling read as I don't think I've ever come across a serial killer with DID before.
It certainly made for a provocative twist.
Completely draws you in as you never know what to expect next, adding to the suspense and drama.
When as a reader you delve into the darkest depths of his mindset and the many characters he plays throughout.
I applaud Marsden for how well written Riondino's characters are. Highly believable. It opens the readers eyes and educates. It just goes to show how Marsden has Very well researched Dissociative Identity Disorder. As his knowledge oozes onto the pages.
When a Young American Girl Shelia Ross, goes missing. It's a race against time to find her.
Dr Claps is a climatologist and profiler and he is very much obsessed with Riondino who he believes has taken Shelia.
Dr Claps had a hidden agenda in finding Riondino as he has already killed someone before.
Riondino was currently residing in a secure psychiatric unit.
Well that was until he managed somehow to escape!
His on the run and Dr Claps is convinced he has taken Shelia!
You see Riondino is one clever serial killer and manages to intricately outsmart the police and Authorities with his Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Due to his multiple profiles he is able to outwit and stay one step ahead.
He is conniving, Minipulative, unpredictable making him highly dangerous and a ticking time bomb!
I thoroughly enjoyed Marsden' s fresh twist on a serial killer.
It's not a fast paced read, but certainly builds in suspense and is very much character driven.
This is definitely a book where you need to read with plenty of time on your hands.
There is a fair amount of characters and the multiple personalities makes it a lil confusing at times.
Stick with it as it just gets better.
I haven't yet had the pleasure of reading Monty Marsden books before Taken, but I will definitely be looking out for more!
Will be recommending this book!
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
Author Bio
Monty Marsden, a Tuscan by birth, grew up in Milan, where he studied medicine and still works.
He lives in the province of Bergamo, with his wife and four children.
Follow Aria
Website: www.ariafiction.com
Facebook: @ariafiction
Twitter: @aria_fiction
Instagram: @ariafiction
NetGalley: http://bit.ly/2lkKB0e
Sign up to the Aria newsletter: http://bit.ly/2jQxVtV
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about...... TAKEN
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
π΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘ππ΅π‘π



Comments
Post a Comment