Blog Tour- The Belch Park Field Trip - 19/3/18
Blog Tour
The Belch Park Field Trip
by Andrew Mackay
Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you....
The Belch Park Field Trip
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Andrew Mackay for inviting me on the Blog Tour.
🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳
Book Information
IT'S A JUNGLE IN THERE!
Henry Williams has never been a leader.
Or stood up to the bullies.
Or kissed the girl of his dreams.
In fact, he’s never stood out from the school crowd.
Mind you, he’s only twelve years-old.
And a foot shorter than his classmates.
All that will change today, though.
The school inspectors are visiting Chrome Junction Academy.
The principal needs to get rid of the cream of the cr@p!
He would have preferred to send them to another galaxy far, far away...
Instead, the obnoxious, high-on-energy-drinks brats are off to...
BELCH PARK!
Roller coasters! Mega-drop towers! Ghost trains! Ferris wheels! Bumper cars!
No end of opportunities for fun, thrills and spills!
The perfect place to run rampant and enjoy themselves...
But wait!
South London's notorious Our Lady of Sacrifice Roman Catholic school is also there.
They're Chrome Junction Academy's natural enemy.
Oh bugger...
NOW IT'S WAR!
Limbs will break...
Dares will result in irreparable damage...
The innocent will be caught in the crossfire...
Even the park may not survive
Henry’s destiny awaits...
Chrome Junction Academy's underdog must step up... and grow a pair.
He'll have to ensure the safety of his friends.
Fend off the bigger, badder kids.
...and get them out of Belch Park in one piece!
Henry Williams has never been a leader.
Or stood up to the bullies.
Or kissed the girl of his dreams.
In fact, he’s never stood out from the school crowd.
Mind you, he’s only twelve years-old.
And a foot shorter than his classmates.
All that will change today, though.
The school inspectors are visiting Chrome Junction Academy.
The principal needs to get rid of the cream of the cr@p!
He would have preferred to send them to another galaxy far, far away...
Instead, the obnoxious, high-on-energy-drinks brats are off to...
BELCH PARK!
Roller coasters! Mega-drop towers! Ghost trains! Ferris wheels! Bumper cars!
No end of opportunities for fun, thrills and spills!
The perfect place to run rampant and enjoy themselves...
But wait!
South London's notorious Our Lady of Sacrifice Roman Catholic school is also there.
They're Chrome Junction Academy's natural enemy.
Oh bugger...
NOW IT'S WAR!
Limbs will break...
Dares will result in irreparable damage...
The innocent will be caught in the crossfire...
Even the park may not survive
Henry’s destiny awaits...
Chrome Junction Academy's underdog must step up... and grow a pair.
He'll have to ensure the safety of his friends.
Fend off the bigger, badder kids.
...and get them out of Belch Park in one piece!
Purchase from Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belch-Field-Chrome-Junction-Academy-ebook/dp/B079ZWPPJM
Purchase from Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Belch-Field-Chrome-Junction-Academy-ebook/dp/B079ZWPPJM
🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳
My Review
5☆ A roller coaster of a ride.
The cover for The Belch Park Field Trip is amazing. It's bright, fun and colourful. It's definitely a book i would pick up on a shelf.
The Belch Park Field Trip reminds me a little of my school trips at school to Chessington world of adventures and Thorpe Park. Just not as rowdy lol
The Belch Park Field Trip Is a book that contains Dark Satire Humour. It's gruesome, crazy, full of mayhem and mishaps, your not so typical teen behaviour.
I read Andrews other book Vicky & Lizzie's First Period and I definitely preferred this book.
The characters were better developed. The story line was much easier to follow. The humour was just right, fitted perfectly with the storyline.
When Chrome junction academy year 8 students are rail roaded into taking a school trip to Belch Park in order to avoid the school inspector because in the head teachers eyes they are the lowest of the low students and love to cause trouble. He cant risk the schools reputation.
What could possible go wrong!!!
When the coach driver of Our lady of Sacrifice RC high school bumps into Chrome Junction Academy coach there is an air of revenge in the air.
Our lady of Sacrifice RC high school students are just as bad.
As the two schools mix.... all hell breaks lose!
I loved all the crazy characters. Each one adding something different.
Even the teachers are at their wits end, they decide to hide out in the pub.
If your looking for an action packed, crazy, thrill ride, that contains Dark Satire Humour, highly entertaining, with crazy characters then this is definitely the book for you. Expect the unexpected.
A thoroughly rip roaring read!
The cover for The Belch Park Field Trip is amazing. It's bright, fun and colourful. It's definitely a book i would pick up on a shelf.
The Belch Park Field Trip reminds me a little of my school trips at school to Chessington world of adventures and Thorpe Park. Just not as rowdy lol
The Belch Park Field Trip Is a book that contains Dark Satire Humour. It's gruesome, crazy, full of mayhem and mishaps, your not so typical teen behaviour.
I read Andrews other book Vicky & Lizzie's First Period and I definitely preferred this book.
The characters were better developed. The story line was much easier to follow. The humour was just right, fitted perfectly with the storyline.
When Chrome junction academy year 8 students are rail roaded into taking a school trip to Belch Park in order to avoid the school inspector because in the head teachers eyes they are the lowest of the low students and love to cause trouble. He cant risk the schools reputation.
What could possible go wrong!!!
When the coach driver of Our lady of Sacrifice RC high school bumps into Chrome Junction Academy coach there is an air of revenge in the air.
Our lady of Sacrifice RC high school students are just as bad.
As the two schools mix.... all hell breaks lose!
I loved all the crazy characters. Each one adding something different.
Even the teachers are at their wits end, they decide to hide out in the pub.
If your looking for an action packed, crazy, thrill ride, that contains Dark Satire Humour, highly entertaining, with crazy characters then this is definitely the book for you. Expect the unexpected.
A thoroughly rip roaring read!
🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳
Guest Post
“Books – The Only Medium Where Free Speech Really Exists.”
It’s my belief that books are the last place where creativity can thrive. No restrictions, no adherence to morals and ethics. I wonder why this is.
I think it’s to do with a couple of things that are all-too easy to forget.
1: Books are written to extrapolate the reader’s imagination.
For example, imagine a black cat walking across a tightrope several hundred feet above a canyon. Just with that one sentence, I can guarantee you that what you are picturing isn’t precisely the same image as I am picturing.
Imagine that happening for an entire book.
Here’s another example.
John swings a chainsaw at Geoff. It chomps through his neck, severs his spinal column and knocks his head clean off.
Now, if you’re squeamish, you’re probably picturing not the gore. Maybe to allay the trauma, you picture it as a cartoon. Or a shot of the trees in the background. Anything but the carnage.
On the other hand, maybe you pictured the unrelenting horror of the blood and flesh springing out from the neck wound. The screams of anguish and terror as Geoff gurgles his last over the sound of the angry mechanism pushing the sharp teeth around the device.
See?
2: We picture things different when we read. You’re your own director.
With movies and TV shows, we’re shown the director’s vision of said events. We have no choice but to accept it. It’s why we like certain directors, and dislike others.
It’s the same for authors.
In the world of self-publishing, authors have no restrictions. No bosses, or traditional publishing companies saying “you can’t write that!”
Which, for me, is just as well. My last book, Vicky & Lizzie’s First Period would never have got through the editorial process. Marketing it would have been a nightmare for a publishing company, not that they’d ever touch it with a barge pole.
It’s not because it’s disgusting and flippant, but the idea of two twelve-year-old girls spraying blood everywhere as a practical joke so they can go on to accuse their teacher of abuse isn’t a particularly “Marvel” idea.
But, it’s the most provocative and arguably important idea I’ve ever come up with.
Sure, everyone can bury their head in the sand like an ostrich, and just ignore the issues. The problem with that is you leave your behind exposed for people like me to kick.
It’s because you, the reader, are the director – in conjunction with me and others like me being “brave”, if you’ll allow the connection – that we have truly have free speech in books.
Books are the last neighborhood in town when it comes to genuine free speech.
And genuine free speech can be ugly at times.
So… you fancy yourself as a bit of a cultural rebel, yeah?
Look at you! Being all down-to-Earth and open-minded and stuff. Good on ya.
You think your outlook is different? An exclusive member of the “yeah, I don’t really watch TV either” crowd? (lol you liar!)
Whatever. I really don’t care about the answer.
I just want you to know that I am out there. I write books that will challenge you. They’re not designed to offend, but they are designed to provoke and engage.
Some will find them awful, or flat, or not to their tastes.
Guess what? I don’t care.
Hit me up and tell me I’m right/wrong – andrew@chromevalleybooks.com
While you’re at it, why not follow me on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Mackay/e/B01MDKTJ2Y/ref=la_B01MDKTJ2Y_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1519486871&sr=1-1
Happy reading,
Andrew.
🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳
Author Bio
Some authors are afraid to cross the line.
Me? Oh, I'm glad you asked! I make "the line" my starting point...
My brand is satire.
I hop between genres like madman on crack because my razor-sharp literary knife is hungry for political and social commentary. One genre just can't cut it (if you'll forgive the pun.) I'm obsessed, I tell you!
I write straight-up humor and farce, horror, crime, romance... all under the banner of satire.
My novels often contain a ruthless commentary on society, delving into the darker machinations of modern life. They can be uproarious, funny, outrageous and shocking. Make no mistake, though. They are this way for a reason, and always come equipped with a sense of humanity and wit.
My influences include John Cleese, Tom Sharpe, Kurt Vonnegut, James Patterson, Hunter S Thompson, Douglas Adams, Imogen Edwards-Jones, Michael Frayn, Chris Morris, Jerry Sadowitz, Christopher Hitchins, Bill Maher, George Carlin, Jordan Peterson, Pat Condell, and writer/director Larry Cohen.
My obsessions include (and are essentially limited to) obscene amounts of: smoking, drugs, alcohol, caffeine, sex, debating, daydreaming and writing about himself in the third person.
Me? Oh, I'm glad you asked! I make "the line" my starting point...
My brand is satire.
I hop between genres like madman on crack because my razor-sharp literary knife is hungry for political and social commentary. One genre just can't cut it (if you'll forgive the pun.) I'm obsessed, I tell you!
I write straight-up humor and farce, horror, crime, romance... all under the banner of satire.
My novels often contain a ruthless commentary on society, delving into the darker machinations of modern life. They can be uproarious, funny, outrageous and shocking. Make no mistake, though. They are this way for a reason, and always come equipped with a sense of humanity and wit.
My influences include John Cleese, Tom Sharpe, Kurt Vonnegut, James Patterson, Hunter S Thompson, Douglas Adams, Imogen Edwards-Jones, Michael Frayn, Chris Morris, Jerry Sadowitz, Christopher Hitchins, Bill Maher, George Carlin, Jordan Peterson, Pat Condell, and writer/director Larry Cohen.
My obsessions include (and are essentially limited to) obscene amounts of: smoking, drugs, alcohol, caffeine, sex, debating, daydreaming and writing about himself in the third person.
Website - https://chromevalleybooks.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chromevalleybooks
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Andrew_CVB
🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about....
The Belch Park Field Trip
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳🎢🎡☠😨🤳



Comments
Post a Comment