Blog Tour- The Deal - 12/3/18
Blog Tour
The Deal
by S C Cunningham
Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you..... The Deal
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and S C Cunningham for inviting me on the Blog Tour.
🕵🌬🔫🔎🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🔍🕵
A Paranormal Thriller for those who dare to believe that there is something else out there...
At the age of four, Amy was taken…She survived.
A week later, another little girl was taken…She didn't.
Angry that a bad man has gotten away with murder, feisty young Amy Fox makes a deal with God. When she dies, if she’s been a good girl, would God let her sit on a cloud for a while, invisible, to get bad people who slip through his fingers?
Her deal and God long forgotten, career girl Amy mysteriously dies. Her lifeless body is found beneath a London underground commuter train.
She awakens in the afterlife to discover an international network of like-minded souls who’ve all made the same deal. A sophisticated MI5-esque justice machine sits in the skies, protecting, righting wrongs, tracking criminals, and working within strict rules of play…all against time.
Each country's Unit shares intelligence, surveillance, and resources to deactivate dangerous situations. The only evidence they leave behind during their earthly visits is a small white feather sashaying to the ground.
In a chaotic world, powerful adversaries try to close her Unit down. A complex SAS vigilante has been assigned to work as her partner, but with his jealous violent ex-girlfriend on her heels and with her own vendetta to settle, Amy has never worked so hard in her entire earthly life. She has to wonder if making a deal with God was a mistake.
Purchase Links
UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deal-Fallen-Angel-Book-ebook/dp/B071JVY7NC/ https://www.amazon.com/Deal-Fallen-Angel-Book-ebook/dp/B071JVY7NC/
🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔍🔫🕵🌬🔎🕵🌬🔎🔫
Guest Post
Whenever asked to write something about myself, I get a little stuck. So I’m going to use a Crime Investigations technique for interviewing detained prisoners in custody, and ask ‘What, Where, When, Why, How’. So here goes…
What
I write steamy Psychological Thrillers (The David Trilogy) and gritty Paranormal Romance (The Fallen Angel Series).
The Deal, book I of The Fallen Angel Series, is based on a kidnap incident that happened to me as a child. At 3 or 4 years old I was taken, I got away and survived. The following week another little girl was taken, she didn’t.
Coming from an Irish Catholic family; I remember saying my prayers every night, asking God for a deal -- If I was a good girl, when I die, would he let me sit on a cloud for a while, invisible, and help him get the baddies that slip through his fingers? This wish has stayed with me throughout life, I tend to find myself supporting the underdog, and looking for justice.
Like most people, there’ve been unexplained moments in my life where I seem to have dodged a bullet and found myself saying “Gosh, someone must have been looking out for me there…”
The Deal takes my childhood wish, mixes it with the empowering thought that we’re not alone and creates a fictional fantasy where vigilante Angels dish out tough karma from the skies.
I’m a romantic old bird, who loves a bit of drama. So my books have to have a few oh-so-sexy lead characters with complicated love-lives, evil exes, edge of seat fear, steamy romance and cheeky banter (I keep expecting the heavens to lightning strike me down for the sex scenes and swearing, but so far so good!.
I tend to write what I know. My Psychological Thrillers are also based on an incident that happened to me. In my twenties I crossed paths with a prolific serial attacker who was haunting London at the time. He targeted girls living on their own in basement flats in Notting Hill and Olympia.
I got away unscathed (…those angels again!) and helped Police with ID. I remember looking at him wondering why, what happened to him to make him so evil? The seed for David Howard, the protagonist in my David Trilogy was sown. The trilogy is a little sexy, think Psycho meets 50 Shades and hold on to your hats. It may not be for everyone. Be warned! Just saying….
Where
In my writing room. Firstly all the housework has to be done, nothing left for me to procrastinate over. Then I set the scene; music, lighting, incense, cups of tea, peace, quiet and snuggled up dogs at my feet. Having another heartbeat in the room makes a writer’s life less reclusive-lonely. Writing is hair-pullingly hard, frustrating, difficult, unsociable, finance draining, and heart on sleeve doubt ridden, but I can’t do anything else.
When
When ever I can. When you get writers block, don’t see it as a negative, every emotion we feel has a use, gives empathy to write, something is always forming somewhere, whether you realise it or not. Whether it takes days, weeks, months or years, it will come out and the eureka moment of a sentence, paragraph, chapter coming together is awesome… the main concern is surviving whilst we wait.
Why
I do this because, strangely, I feel it’s my job is to entertain… go figure! I’ve had a crazy accidental life which offers lots of fodder to draw storylines from; modelling, marrying a rock musician, working with musicians, film producers, footballers, golfers, tennis players, jockeys, oil moguls, royalty, charity workers, prison wardens, forensic teams, intel analysts, crown prosecutors, prisoners, victims and as a Police Crime Investigator. I’ve been married and divorced twice (got drunk and married in Vegas), brought up a wonderful (Contemporary Artist) daughter and am owned by three dogs.
After divorce, although messy and painful, looking back I was reborn. I finally had the opportunity to live life the way ‘Siobhan’ wanted to live it, not at another’s pace, rhythm. I realized that ‘Siobhan’ wanted to entertain people, to write, to engage, to drag readers into a world of escapism. So I picked up a pen.
How
I’m constantly researching, observing and adapting my own experiences to the page. And am SO grateful to ‘google’ which answers any technical questions I may have ie blood splatter, gun caliber, drugs, poisons, death symptoms etc (my web search history is damming).
I don’t work out a plot, I hate knowing what’s going to happen at the end of a story. How dreary to then have to sit down and write the 80k words to get to that point. I have a spark of an idea that intrigues me, I sit and just start writing and the characters develop themselves. Which means that I get taken on the journey of surprise along with the readers. Right to the twist at the end.
I get inspiration from people-watching. I can sit in a café window for hours watching characters go by, making up stories in my head; who they are, what they’re doing, with who and why. It’s a nightmare trying to have a conversation with me when I’m in a public place.
My characters are based on a mix of people I know or have met.
Once written. we then come to the other hats a writer wears. As if creating a best seller wasn’t hard enough, you also need to be a publicist, marketer, salesperson, blogger, social media expert, mediagenic marketable person with a robust platform. All sounds a little showy-offy to me. I mean, who wants to know if I had eggs for breakfast or spilt coffee over the keyboard? But I’m getting used to it and have to admit as a reclusive mushroom, it helps me stay in touch with readers, and learn what they want.
If I were to give writing advice, I’d say just start, keep doing it, get in the habit of writing every day, even if only a little. Write something you would love to read. Have passion for your subject. The first outline can be as rough as you like, no one else sees it. The magic then starts to come in the first edit. Then edit, edit and edit again. Get someone you respect to read it and be honest with you. Edit some more and chase up an agent that suits you. Get your marketing hat on and introduce your work to the planet. There’s no better feeling than when reviews come in… to know you have helped someone escape their world for a while and made them gasp!
Enjoy.
Siobhan x
Siobhan C Cunningham
www.sccunningham.com
🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫
Author Bio
🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫
Author Bio
Author of The Penance List, Unfinished Business and The Deal, Siobhan C Cunningham (S C Cunningham) creates Paranormal Romance and Psychological Crime Thrillers with a skilled mix of fuelled tension, dark humour, and pulsating sex scenes. Having worked in the industries she writes about, her novels offer a fresh level of sincerity and authority, rare in fiction.
Abducted as a child, she survived; and every night for months afterward, she prayed to God, asking for a deal. This personal journey sparked the fuse behind the intriguing and riveting fictional world she portrays in The Deal, the first in The Fallen Angel series. Twenty years later Cunningham crossed paths with a violent serial attacker, sowing the seed for her mind-bending thriller, The David Trilogy; The Penance List, Unfinished Business, For My Sins.
An ex-model, British born of Irish roots, she married a rock musician and has worked in the exciting worlds of music, film, sports, celebrity management and as a Crime Investigator for the British Police (Wanted & Absconder Unit, Major Crime Team, Intelligence Analyst, Investigations Hub).
Her first novel, The Penance List has been adapted to film screenplay.
She is the proud mother to contemporary Artist Scarlett Raven and owned by three dogs.
Author of The Penance List, Unfinished Business and The Deal, Siobhan C Cunningham (S C Cunningham) creates Paranormal Romance and Psychological Crime Thrillers with a skilled mix of fuelled tension, dark humour, and pulsating sex scenes. Having worked in the industries she writes about, her novels offer a fresh level of sincerity and authority, rare in fiction.
Abducted as a child, she survived; and every night for months afterward, she prayed to God, asking for a deal. This personal journey sparked the fuse behind the intriguing and riveting fictional world she portrays in The Deal, the first in The Fallen Angel series. Twenty years later Cunningham crossed paths with a violent serial attacker, sowing the seed for her mind-bending thriller, The David Trilogy; The Penance List, Unfinished Business, For My Sins.
An ex-model, British born of Irish roots, she married a rock musician and has worked in the exciting worlds of music, film, sports, celebrity management and as a Crime Investigator for the British Police (Wanted & Absconder Unit, Major Crime Team, Intelligence Analyst, Investigations Hub).
Her first novel, The Penance List has been adapted to film screenplay.
She is the proud mother to contemporary Artist Scarlett Raven and owned by three dogs.
Social Media Links –
Website - http://www.sccunningham.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pg/sccunningham8/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/siobhancunningham8/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sccunningham/
Amazon Author Page - https://www.amazon.com/S-C-Cunningham/e/B002L3ZC2U/ –
🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔍
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about...... The Deal
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎🔫🕵🌬🔎






Comments
Post a Comment