Blog Tour- The Elf King - 28/3/18

Blog Tour 


The Elf King 
by Lorraine Hellier 


Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you.....
The Elf King.

I Would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Lorraine Hellier for inviting me on the Blog Tour 

👑⛰🏰💔👑⛰🏰💔👑⛰🏰💔👑⛰🏰

Book Information 

Bay Leaf is the new Elf King and must take his Oath of Allegiance. His sister, Sweet Pea, demonstrates her love and support on a perilous journey to the Mountain Shrine.    
An enchanted book offers advice and guidance from their ancestors and warns Sweet Pea to take care of her brother. Will her interference resolve Bay Leaf’s heartache?

Purchase from Amazon UK  - http://amzn.to/2EHNCi6

👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰

My Review

5☆ Enchanting and Captivating Children's Fantasy Book

The Elf King by Lorraine Hellier is the first book in a new series aimed at 7-9 year olds.
The Elf King is a Beautifully enchanting read I devoured in a few hours. Captivating characters.  Full of adventure, mystery, magic, danger and secrets.

A coming of age fantasy where a young boy sets out to pledge his allegiance and become the New Elf King! After his father gets killed whilst hunting.
Although it's aimed at younger readers I was blown away by how good this childrens fantasy book was and that I couldn't stop reading I was mesmerized. I can't wait for the second book as it's left it on an exciting ending. I definitely think this book should be recommended for all ages I loved it!
The Characters were believable and children will relate to the characters. There are lots of little messages within the story. For example family responsibilities, loyalty, relationships, forbidden love, trusting people.
I love the sibling relationships between Bay and sweet Pea. How they share secrets and protect each other. It was so heart warming to see. I loved how Sweet Pea looked up to Bay and stood by his side no matter how dangerous things got.
The names for the characters are simply wonderful and easy for children to remember as the are all plant or herb based names.
The Elf King is a wonderfully paced read full of fantasy and magic that children will love. It's nice and short which means children won't get distracted or bored. Every page is exciting and full of adventure.
I appreciated the little illustration family tree. I'm not sure if I would of like more illustration as then it would of been aimed at younger children and became a picture book. Which is something to think about as younger children would adore this book too.
I highly recommend this book to the target audience. But I also believe readers who love fantasy and magic reads and films would really enjoy The Elf King. I loved it!
I can't wait to read the next book.


👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰

Author Bio




Lorraine writes from her canal-side home near the cathedral city of Lichfield, Staffordshire. She visits local schools offering Author Visits and Creative Writing Workshops.  She is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators supporting and encouraging other members.
Lorraine loves to travel, a visit to New Zealand inspired this novel.
The sequel “The Elf Quest” will be published April 2018.



Social Media Links  
Website  www.lorrainehellier.com    


👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰

If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading
and Talking about....
The Elf King

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇


👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰👑⛰🏰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling