Blog Tour- Cruise with an Adorable Fat girl - 17/3/18

Blog Tour 


Cruise with an Adorable Fat girl 
By Bernice Bloom


Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you. ...
Cruise with an Adorable Fat girl 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and  Bernice Bloom for inviting me on the Blog Tour 

🚢🌞🍾🍽🏖🚢🌞🍾🍽🏖🚢🌞🍾🍽🍾

Book Information 

Mary Brown - our full-figured heroine - is off on a cruise. It's the trip of a lifetime...featuring eat-all-you-can buffets and a trek through Europe with a 96-year-old widower called Frank and a flamboyant Spanish dancer called Juan Pedro in attendance. Then there's the desperately handsome captain, the appearance of an ex-boyfriend on the ship, the time she's mistaken for a Hollywood film star in Lisbon and tonnes of clothes shopping all over Europe.

Purchase from Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruise-Adorable-Fat-Girl-frolicks-ebook/dp/B077Y5XZWK/

🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾

My Review

5☆ loved, loved, loved it!

 Cruise with an Adorable Fat girl is a fantastic short story which is part of a series of short adventures where we follow Mary. All are standalone books.

 I was so excited to be back with Mary and her escapades.
This one sees Mary on a Cruise with her good friend Dawn.

I love Mary she is such a fantastic character. Representing us plus size women.
She is full of fun, drama, mishaps and mayhem but that is what makes her so relatable. She's witty and has a big heart.
She has become my hero as I can see me in her. I just wish i had her confidence at times.

When the Book opens we see several letters Mary has written to the very handsome Captain confirming the all you can eat Buffett and fully stocked mini bar. Oh and forget a single pillow chocolate..Mary wants the box.
I was laughing so much. Nothing has changed. I knew this was going to be another fab laugh out loud read!.... I was right.

When Mary boards the cruiseliner Angel of the Sea she meets the very handsome Captain Will Homarus. He has turned Mary's head and she likes what she sees. Lol never mind she's just left boyfriend Ted on land! 

Watch this space!! I think things are about to get interesting.... as Will asks Mary to join him at his table!

Mary quickly settles in to the cruise life. I would love to holiday with Mary I know she would be loads of fun.

This was another fabulous read and Bernice has once again bought Mary's character to life.
I loved all the characters we meet on the cruise.
Bernice has managed to send my emotions on a rollercoaster one minute she is making me laugh so hard I had tears and the next she tugged at my heartstrings.

 Cruise with an Adorable Fat girl is a short Believable, fun, heartwarming, hilarious read. I felt like I was on holiday with Mary.
With a main character you will Love, relate too and want to be Besties with! 


Once again I salute Bernice for representing the plus sized community. Making it ok to love our bodies no matter what! 

I can't recommend this book enough.
This series is fast becoming my favourite and I can't wait to see what's in-store next for Mary.
I urge you to pick up these books, you won't be disappointed! 



🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾

Guest Post 


Researching for Cruise with an Adorable Fat Girl
By Bernice Bloom

When I set out to write ‘Cruise with an Adorable Fat Girl’, the first thing I did was head off to spend a day on a cruise ship (sadly, I didn’t manage to get myself on an actual cruise, the ship was stationary the whole time I was on it). I was shown around, saw the amazing buffets (I wanted to stow away at that point), the theatre, cinema and the lovely ballroom. There was an Art Deco feel to the place – it was like being on a film set. Real old-world, Hollywood glamour.
As we sat down for lunch (I wasn’t getting off that ship until I’d experienced the buffet!), I looked around at all the people sitting down…most of them were quite old, as you can imagine. I became particularly entranced by an elderly man who could barely stand without assistance, but every time a lady came to the table, he struggled to his feet. I sat there musing that he was born in a different time – when manners really mattered – and, to him, standing up in the presence of a lady was an important thing to do.
The man must have been in his late 80s, and was exquisitely dressed. As I wandered around the buffet, piling more food onto my plate than any woman should eat in a fortnight, I kept thinking about him, and the sort of life he might have led, the things he must have seen. Did he fight in the war? What experiences had he had? How much had life changed around him during his life? Yet he showed the same exquisite manners that he’d been taught as a boy. He’d allowed himself not to be swayed or reduced by changes in moral standards. I liked that. Despite his frail state, he seemed solid to me. Right, I thought, he’s in the book!
So I developed a character called Frank who was on the cruise ship in order to go back to the place he had fought in during the war. He had lost two great friends in battle and longed to go back to their resting place. He also wanted to go to the home of his wife’s family. She had died recently and he wanted to go back and apologise for eloping with her all those years previously. He wanted to make peace with them.
I knew that a story line like that would lend real emotional pull to the book and give me a character who Mary could interact with to show her more serious side. As I sat and mused on this, some of the dancers came out from the theatre – they were young, glamorous and terribly loud – speaking in foreign languages as they gesticulated wildly and tossed their heads, throwing brightly coloured hair around.
I decided that Mary needed to get herself involved with these crazy characters as well as Frank, the war hero. I wasn’t sure quite how I was going to do it, but thought that if Mary could have a friendship with a crazy dancer, and Mary and the dancer could end up going off with Frank to find his long lost family, I’d have the makings of something poignant and funny.
Obviously, I had to throw in a few more elements…an ex-boyfriend on the boat who she’d lied to many years previously and desperately tried to avoid, drunken nights, pretending to be a film star in Lisbon, making friends in Gibraltar. And many, many other things as you’ll see if you read it. It was a lovely book to write, but at the centre of it all was Frank – this warm character, inspired by a man who’d struggled to his feet every time a lady had walked past the table!

🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾

Giveaway


Win a Daisy Bracelet and Earring set created by Bernice Bloom (Open Internationally).







*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome.  Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below.  The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over.  Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data.  I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.


🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖

Author Bio


Hello, my name is Bernice Bloom and I am a writer (I write light-hearted rom-com style novels and also work as a magazine journalist and advertising copywriter) and jewellery designer. My recent series of novels is called ‘Adorable Fat Girl’ and it features a heavily overweight woman called Mary Brown. She is bright, funny, friendly and bonkers. She’s also fat. The books blend the comedy of her efforts to lose weight with a more serious backstory about what happened to her in the past that had led to the issues that make her prone to over-eating. I’m fascinated that there are so few overweight heroines in literature. Women can be manipulative, evil, even murderers in fiction, but not fat! Certainly not fat and beautiful with loads of friends! Then along came Mary and she’s developed quite a fan base of people who love the fact that the heroine is large. She gets lots of letters and I have ended up taking her on lots of adventures!

Social Media Links

🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾

If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about.......
Cruise with an Adorable Fat girl 

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇



🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾🌞🚢🏖🍽🍾

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -