Blog Tour - Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl - 11/3/18

Blog Tour 



Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl 
By Bernice Bloom



Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you.....
Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and By Bernice Bloom for invitingme on the Blog Tour.

Below is all the information you need about this fabulous new book. Including My Review, A Guest Post and a Gorgeous Giveaway! 

πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½

Book Information 

Mary Brown is funny, gorgeous and bonkers. She's also about six stone overweight. When she realises she can't cross her legs, has trouble bending over to tie her shoelaces without wheezing like an elderly chain-smoker, and discovers that even her hands and feet look fat, it's time to take action. But what action? She's tried every diet under the sun.
This is the hysterical story of what happens when Mary joins 'Fat Club' where she meets a cast of funny characters and one particular man who catches her eye.
The story is laugh-out-loud funny and will resonate with anyone who has dieted, tried to keep up with any sort of exercise programme or spent 10 minutes in a changing room trying to extricate herself from a way too-small garment that she ambitiously tried on and is now completely stuck in.

Bernice Bloom is the big, new name in comedy writing...this is the first full-length novel after her series of laugh-out-loud mini books.

Purchase from Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Adorable-Fat-Girl-Full-length-ebook/dp/B071P2QW68/

πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’ž

My Review 

5☆ Fantastic Read!
Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl is the first book within a short series of standalone books.

I was absolutely thrilled when I see Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl. Being a plus size girl myself I can totally relate to Mary's struggles.

I absolutely Applaud Bernice for creating plus sized characters. It's a refreshing change to see the plus size society being represented in a truthful and real way!

I can totally relate to trying all the dieting fads, diets pills that left me with gal stones etc..

I do agree with Liz though before you can concentrate on losing weight you have to crack into the emotional side the reason behind the addiction.

Lol I honestly felt like signing up to fat club too.

I loved Mary she is alot stronger than she thinks. Although she has a very low self esteem.
 I loved her lil inner thoughts they made me giggle as I could totally hear myself saying the same kind of thing.
She is also hiding a secret which will unlock her past therefore finding the reason she put on weight.

I also loved Ted's Character. He has a larger than life personality with a big heart & a lil soft spot for Mary.
His story was so upsetting. Playing rugby on a high level, he got crushed in a scrum that ended up breaking his neck.. which in turn led to him putting on weight.

I loved the fact the Fat Club had many different characters. All representing a different form of plus size. For example you have the Model who is size 16 not particularly fat but actually size 16 is becoming more normal.
The members ended up bonding and supporting each other.

Although this at times was a lil emotional. I felt it was a heart felt portrayel at the struggles life throws at you.
All the characters were very likeable and relatable.
It had humour, romance, friendship, drama, emotional yet fun.

Thank you so so much Bernice for making plus size acceptable and for creating Mary and her friends.
The perfect book for the Year of the Woman!!
 To show that no matter what shape, size, or sex you are.... You Are Beautiful inside and out and you can achieve things! 


I am so looking forward to reading the rest of the series!

Highly recommend this light hearted fun Rom Com!


πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’ž

Guest Post 

Be careful in coffee shops
A blog by Bernice Bloom


I learned an important lesson when I began writing my Adorable Fat Girl series of books: be careful what you write when you’re in public.
Let me explain…
I was sitting in a local cafΓ© in London, scribbling away in a notebook, trying to get the story underway and start developing some of the plot-lines I’d thought of.
I had a file infront of me with fictional CVs for all the characters and a map for the imaginary place in which they all lived, with their houses marked onto it. I studied it carefully then went back to my notebook.
I’d come to a very emotional part of the first book. I don’t want to give away too many plot twists but there’s a character who is extremely low…she’s absolutely fed up of being mocked for being fat, and she’s starting to suffer from medical complaints because of her weight. She’s sick to the back teeth of it all, and whatever she does, she just can’t lose weight (she first gained weight when her mum died and she still uses food to comfort her, so it’s particularly hard for her to wean herself off it).
In the first draft of the book, I decided she was going to try to end it all…she would write a suicide note that Mary would find, then Mary would save her. It would be an amazing way for Mary’s character to develop. But I thought long and hard about it, and in the end I didn’t use this particular storyline because I decided that having Mary save her was not quite true to Mary’s character. Mary is lovely, but I think she would have panicked in that scenario, not rushed into superhero mode, so in the end I decided to change the scene slightly.
But back then, on that warm, Autumn day in the cafΓ©, I was preparing to write about Mary saving the day, so the first thing I needed to do was to write the suicide note for Mary to find. I just wrote a stream of consciousness based on how I thought the character was feeling. I got down everything – how low she was, how despised she felt and how she hated waking up in the mornings. I wrote ‘Suicide Note’ at the top of it, and sat back, pleased with my work. I decided to read it through over a cappuccino.
I walked up to the counter and ordered my coffee, then I ummed and ahhed over the delicious selection of cakes before picking the biggest one, then sat back down, picked up my fork and prepared to dig in.
That’s when I realised that everyone at the table was looking at me.
“Please talk to us,” said one woman, warmly, leaning over to stroke my arm.
“We can help you,” said another.
I looked down at the lovely slice of chocolate fudge cake and the delicious creamy coffee and thought – I don’t need help from anyone – life’s just fine right now, what are you talking about?
That’s when I realised. I followed the trail of the woman’s gaze and saw her looking intently at the page infront of me. I looked down.
‘Suicide Note’ it said.
“No, no, you’ve got this all wrong,” I said.
But they were still staring at me with pain in their eyes.
“Honestly. I’m fine. I’m a novelist – this is my character’s doing this, not me,” I said. “I’m absolutely fine; I promise you.”
I then explained the plot I was writing and they visibly relaxed and I could turn back to my cake.
Lesson learned!
Don’t leave your writing unattended in a coffee shop. 

πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’ž

Giveaway

Win a Daisy Bracelet and Earring set created by Bernice Bloom (Open Internationally).

To Enter click below⬇








*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome.  Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below.  The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over.  Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data.  I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.

πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’ž

Author Bio

Hello, my name is Bernice Bloom and I am a writer (I write light-hearted rom-com style novels and also work as a magazine journalist and advertising copywriter) and jewellery designer.
My recent series of novels is called ‘Adorable Fat Girl’ and it features a heavily overweight woman called Mary Brown.
She is bright, funny, friendly and bonkers. She’s also fat. The books blend the comedy of her efforts to lose weight with a more serious backstory about what happened to her in the past that had led to the issues that make her prone to over-eating.
I’m fascinated that there are so few overweight heroines in literature. Women can be manipulative, evil, even murderers in fiction, but not fat! Certainly not fat and beautiful with loads of friends!
Then along came Mary and she’s developed quite a fan base of people who love the fact that the heroine is large. She gets lots of letters and I have ended up taking her on lots of adventures!

Social Media Links –
https://www.instagram.com/bernicebloomwriter/?hl=en

πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’ž

If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about....Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl!

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇



πŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½πŸ’žπŸ½

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling