Blog Tour - The Love Lottery- 6/3/18

Blog Tour 


The Love Lottery- 

By Raj Dhaliwal


On my Blog Today I have the 
pleasure of Sharing with you..... 
The Love Lottery 

I would like to thank Rachel at Authoright and Raj Dhaliwal for inviting me on the Blog Tour.

All the information you need about this Loveable new book including My Review can be found below! 

πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜

Book Information 

The Love Lottery: a comic tale of lessons in life, love, dating and the odd samosa party 
In our fast-paced digital age, never has finding the one felt more like playing the lottery. If anyone knows about the cruelty and chaos of dating in the 21st century it’s Raj Dhaliwal; accountant by day, hopeless romantic by night. By his own admission, Raj is a tax wizard but a clumsy disaster area when it comes to matters of the heart. This book charts his misadventures in the art of looking for love in an age when a man’s best intentions can be coldly dismissed by a swipe to the left. The Love Lottery: a comic tale of lessons in life, love, dating and the odd samosa party explores the emotional rollercoaster of dating, charting the epic excitement and anticipation, highs, lows and disappointments of our ever optimistic search for romance. As a British-born Indian gent, Raj compares and contrasts the social and cultural distinctions between his family, his friends and the women he meets on the dating scene; a route to romance that’s littered with speed dating, online dating and feverish matchmaking, in this funny and heart-warming book. As self-appointed United Nations Love Ambassador, Raj has made it his mission to date the weird and the wonderful in the pursuit of lasting love. Want to play The Love Lottery? Then read on.

Purchase from Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Lottery-lessons-dating-samosa-ebook/dp/B0794MX61G/

πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’Œ

My Review 

4☆ A Fun Insight into Dating

The Love Lottery is a fresh and humorous look at dating from a man's perspective.
This is a short Novella but it packs so much into it.

We follow divorcee Raj an accountant on his journey to find love. From Samosa Parties to family parties to online dating.

I really loved how Raj explained all his families traditions etc.. it opens your eyes to the Indian (Sikh) culture.
All the Aunties and Uncles helping to play matchmaker.

I really felt for Raj he seemed to be pushed and pulled in so many directions not wanting to hurt his families feelings. Even though they mean well.

It was so nice to get a man's perspective on dating. It's a tough world out there and it can be cruel. . A modern man dating in a modern world is never easy!

The Love Lottery is humorous, light hearted, a lil emotional at times, Fun, I was rooting for Raj the whole way through.
Definitely worth reading.

πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’Œ

Sneak Peak Book Extract 

Samosa Party

Some, if not most, Indians will have experienced this or something similar at least once in their lifetime. Maybe not so prevalent now but pre - mid 2000's it was a ritual of sorts.
Think of being on parade but the catwalk is the journey from the front door to the lounge of the house where the event is taking place.
All eyes and judgement are upon thee. Before getting the opportunity to even talk, the minds of the event attendees, family or friends or anyone who had a free afternoon, would already be made up about you and if you were a good potential suitor.
These are not for the faint-hearted or indeed any shrinking violets. They can be daunting unless you become acclimatised to many and have subsequently built up a good immune system. The experience is the same, just a different house, different girl and if you are in luck a different recipe used for the samosas!
I have a code set with my parents for occasions like Samosa Parties. If I don’t feel an attraction or connection with the girl, I will subtly nudge my dad. He then knows the score. I think by now he may have lost all feeling in his ribs from all the nudging I have done in days of past.
Then the ultimate question is asked in Punjabi. “Would your son like to talk to our daughter?” Always at the most inopportune time when I am a tad peckish and halfway through devouring a samosa!
Admittedly, there have been times when I have felt like saying “Nope, thanks for asking and thanks for the samosas too! That accompanying chutney really brought out the tangy taste of the potatoes and softened the pastry that could have sliced my gums with the edges!”
Instead, I would look over towards my dad, no point looking at mum as she would just smile and not do anything. If I had nudged him earlier, then he knew I would be back in five or ten minutes max. If I had not, then I would be back in half an hour and put my coffee on hold, Papa Bear!
I had my last Samosa party approximately two years ago and the time before that was a few months before I had met my ex-wife at a function introduction.
The revival of that experience did open the floodgates and bring back a tide of memories from days of past Samosa parties. As I walked from the car to the front door, through to the lounge or general area where all where congregating, I realised I was smiling to myself like someone who was in their strange own world.
The girls and the families of past Samosa parties that I had thought I had long forgotten suddenly came to mind. The mixture of emotions also. One second it was exciting, then it was daunting but with a strange familiarity.
The whole experience many years later was a bit like riding a bike, you never forget, but it doesn’t mean you are perfect at it. I knew what it entailed and what to do but still wobbled with uncertainty.

πŸ’‘πŸ’ŒπŸ’˜πŸ’‘πŸ’ŒπŸ’˜πŸ’‘πŸ’ŒπŸ’˜πŸ’‘πŸ’ŒπŸ’˜πŸ’‘πŸ’ŒπŸ’˜

Author Bio 




Living in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire Raj Dhaliwal works as an accountant for the car manufacturing company Land Rover.

πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜

If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about..... The Love Lottery

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇



πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’ŒπŸ’‘πŸ’˜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -