Blog Tour- Mums just wanna have fun - 20/3/18
Blog Tour
Mums just wanna have fun
By Lucie Wheeler
Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you......
Mums just wanna have fun
By Lucie Wheeler
I am so excited to be Sharing this gorgeous book with you.
Read on for My Review and a Guest Post my Lucie.
🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫
Book Information
‘This book captured my heart’ Bestselling author Christie Barlow
Meet Nancy…
Single mum Nancy will do anything for her little boy. Jack’s autism makes life difficult at times, but she’s determined to ensure he lives the best life possible. So, when her best friend Harriet suggests a holiday to Ibiza, Nancy is torn: will Jack cope with the change in routine…will she?
And Harriet…
Workaholic mum Harriet convinces Nancy it’s the break they all need. A chance to have some fun with the kids, away from the stresses of normal life. And she’s determined to switch off her laptop, ignore her inbox, and just have fun with her kids for seven whole days…
Cocktails and kids’ club – what could go wrong?
Ibiza is beautiful, but Jack struggles with everything, Harriet refuses to put her laptop away, and Nancy begins to think she’s made a huge mistake. And then Nancy meets Cameron and his young son, Aiden and discovers that sometimes the best fun happens when you least expect it…
Can these two single-mum’s swap their mummy guilt for sunglasses and sangria?
Mums Just Wanna Have Fun: http://bit.ly/ MumsJustWannaHaveFun_eBook
🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫
My Review
5☆ A heartwarming fun read. Highly recommend
Mums just wanna have fun is a heartwarming and poignant read.
Bundles of fun, mishaps, mayhem, emotional, a story of new beginnings, family and frienships.
When Lucie asked me to read her second book I was over the moon. After reading her first book first time mums club I couldn't wait.
When I read the blurb and realised Autism featured in the story my heart warmed as Autism is very close to my heart. I used to be a special needs assistant to a little boy who was Autistic. So my heart went out to Nancy. I worked with the parents really closely so I can relate to the struggles Nancy and Jack go through.
Nancy is currently a single parent to little Jack. Nancy's husband Pete walks out on her one day when he can't cope with Jack's needs. You see Jack has Autism and sees the world differently. He Needs structure and routine and Pete just left.
I was furious with Pete I thought he was a selfish arse! Yes I understand it's extremely difficult and emotionally exhausting but what about Nancy she can't give up. I was so mad! Especially when 12months later he crawls back expecting Nancy to welcome him with open arms.
He wasn't expecting Nancy to be strong and tell him she is off to Ibiza with Best Friend Harriet and her children.
I was like Yayyy you go girl!
Nancy is very apprehensive as she has never taken Jack away out of routine.
But off they go! To sunny Ibiza.
I adored Nancy's character. My heart went out to her. She's stronger than she thinks. Raising children is never easy but raising a child with special needs is hard but also extremely rewarding.
Jack is gorgeous and a sweetheart. He made my heart swell with pride as he faces new challanges.
I absolutely adored reading all about the adventures both Nancy and Harriet have.
With plenty of cocktails, fun, making new friends, possible new love interests.
You can tell Lucie's experience working with children and being a mum just shines through it adds a special touch.
This is the Perfect feel good read, that will warm your heart and make you want to go away. With loveable characters, adorable children, what's not to love. A story of new beginnings and starting over.
I highly recommend this book with a warm mug of coco or if your feeling adventurous a cocktail.
I can't wait to read more from Lucie.
She is fast becoming one of my favourite Authors.
Mums just wanna have fun is a heartwarming and poignant read.
Bundles of fun, mishaps, mayhem, emotional, a story of new beginnings, family and frienships.
When Lucie asked me to read her second book I was over the moon. After reading her first book first time mums club I couldn't wait.
When I read the blurb and realised Autism featured in the story my heart warmed as Autism is very close to my heart. I used to be a special needs assistant to a little boy who was Autistic. So my heart went out to Nancy. I worked with the parents really closely so I can relate to the struggles Nancy and Jack go through.
Nancy is currently a single parent to little Jack. Nancy's husband Pete walks out on her one day when he can't cope with Jack's needs. You see Jack has Autism and sees the world differently. He Needs structure and routine and Pete just left.
I was furious with Pete I thought he was a selfish arse! Yes I understand it's extremely difficult and emotionally exhausting but what about Nancy she can't give up. I was so mad! Especially when 12months later he crawls back expecting Nancy to welcome him with open arms.
He wasn't expecting Nancy to be strong and tell him she is off to Ibiza with Best Friend Harriet and her children.
I was like Yayyy you go girl!
Nancy is very apprehensive as she has never taken Jack away out of routine.
But off they go! To sunny Ibiza.
I adored Nancy's character. My heart went out to her. She's stronger than she thinks. Raising children is never easy but raising a child with special needs is hard but also extremely rewarding.
Jack is gorgeous and a sweetheart. He made my heart swell with pride as he faces new challanges.
I absolutely adored reading all about the adventures both Nancy and Harriet have.
With plenty of cocktails, fun, making new friends, possible new love interests.
You can tell Lucie's experience working with children and being a mum just shines through it adds a special touch.
This is the Perfect feel good read, that will warm your heart and make you want to go away. With loveable characters, adorable children, what's not to love. A story of new beginnings and starting over.
I highly recommend this book with a warm mug of coco or if your feeling adventurous a cocktail.
I can't wait to read more from Lucie.
She is fast becoming one of my favourite Authors.
🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫
Guest Post
Holiday destinations
Mums Just Wanna Have Fun is set in Ibiza after Harriet decides that enough is enough and she and best friend Nancy need a well-earned break away in the sun. The girls jet off to Ibiza in search of sun, sea and sangria and get a little more than they bargained for when they start to uncover some truths about who they are. So I thought I would talk about some of the destinations that I have been to on holiday and also some places I want to visit sometime in the future.
St Lucia
This was one of my favourite holidays and definitely the most luxurious one I have ever been on. St Lucia is beautiful and ever since I did a rainforest project in year 4 back in, well, a long time ago, I had been desperate to visit. I was so excited when my husband, my daughter and I decided to treat ourselves and go in 2015. What a beautiful island with such friendly locals. We created some amazing memories and did things like ride horseback in the ocean, visit the botanical gardens and go inside a volcano! My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst there too which was very special as the resort staff went all out to make sure we had a great evening. I definitely want to go back one day.
Lake Windermere, Cumbria
I absolutely love visiting the Lake District, it has to be one of my favourite places to go. A couple of times now we have spent Christmas in the Lake District and it has been magical. We do not have a big family so Christmas is always a quiet affair. Years back we decided to go away for the festive period and see if we enjoyed it and I think I much prefer going away at Christmas now. By being away from home, you eradicate the need for someone to have to cook, someone to wash up, someone to go shopping… the jobs are endless. But when you go away, other people do it all for you and you get the luxury of having time to spend with your loved ones just simply enjoying their company. Christmas day is usually just the three of us, so if one person is cooking, they miss out. By going away we get to spend every moment of Christmas with each other and as a busy family throughout the rest of the year, it is always a very welcome and much needed time spent together. Plus Lake Windermere is stunning!
Dominican Republic
My husband and I have been together for fifteen years and our first ever holiday was to Dominican Republic. This was before social media and digital cameras so we have a pack of photos taken with a disposable camera and that’s it! The rest is just memories in our head and a part of me feels like that has made it a little bit special. We spend so much time when away, posting to social media and taking photos and videos that sometimes we forget to just enjoy and create the memory. I am guilty of this and I know I probably will not change that, but I do look back fondly at the times when we just enjoyed the moments. We did exciting things like going on safari and visiting beautiful scenery as well as tasting local food and drink. It was a great holiday.
Although I enjoy holidays to hot countries, I am a lover of snow and wrapping up warm and getting cosy so I would love to visit some colder climates like Iceland and Norway. And if there ever came a chance to visit outer space – I am SO THERE!!
I would love to hear about some of your favourite holiday spots or places you would like to visit. Comment on this post and let me know!
🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫
Author Bio
Lucie lives in Essex with her husband, daughter and her English Bull Terrier, Dame, who loves to sit under her desk as she writes and keep her feet warm. Never one to sit still, she always has lots going on in her life at any one time. Currently, she is writing her novels alongside studying for a degree.
As a graduate of The London School of Journalism, a member of the Romantic Novelists' Association, and one eighth of the writing group, The Romaniacs, Lucie is passionate about writing and continues to source new opportunities to share her words with the world.
In 2013, Lucie won a New Talent Award at The Festival of Romance and is now represented by literary agent , Kate Nash.
Lucie occasionally blogs both on her own website at www.luciewheeler.co.uk and with The Romaniacs at www.theromaniacs.co.uk. She also vlogs over on her YouTube channel.
You can also find Lucie spending too much time on social media! She loves to connect with her readers though, so do pop by and say hello to her! She can be found on:
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Her Website
YouTube
all under the name Lucie Wheeler.
She loves reading, spending time with friends and eating chocolate – when she gets to do all three, she's a very happy lady!
As a graduate of The London School of Journalism, a member of the Romantic Novelists' Association, and one eighth of the writing group, The Romaniacs, Lucie is passionate about writing and continues to source new opportunities to share her words with the world.
In 2013, Lucie won a New Talent Award at The Festival of Romance and is now represented by literary agent , Kate Nash.
Lucie occasionally blogs both on her own website at www.luciewheeler.co.uk and with The Romaniacs at www.theromaniacs.co.uk. She also vlogs over on her YouTube channel.
You can also find Lucie spending too much time on social media! She loves to connect with her readers though, so do pop by and say hello to her! She can be found on:
Her Website
YouTube
all under the name Lucie Wheeler.
She loves reading, spending time with friends and eating chocolate – when she gets to do all three, she's a very happy lady!
Connect on Socials:
Facebook:http://bit.ly/ LucieWheelerFacebook
Instagram:http://bit.ly/ LucieWheelerInstagram
🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about.....
Mums just wanna have fun
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫💻🤳🏖🍹💘🤰🛫


Comments
Post a Comment