Blog Tour- dark lies - 26/3/18
Blog Tour
Dark Lies
by Nick Hollin
Today on my Blog I have the pleasure of Sharing with you.....Dark Lies.
I would like to thank Noelle Holton from Bookouture and Nick Hollin for inviting me on the Blog Tour.
ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅π
Book Information
Don’t trust your friends. Don’t trust your family. Don’t trust yourself…
When a young mother is found dead in her home with a mysterious symbol drawn on her body, DI Katie Rhodes is shaken to her core; it’s a perfect match to the birthmark she once saw on her old partner, Nathan Radley.
Formerly one of the best criminal psychologists on the police force, Nathan was renowned for getting deep into the minds of the murderers he hunted. But for the past year he has lived in isolation, terrified of losing control over his own dark desires…
Katie swore she’d never knock on Nathan’s door again, but when another woman’s body is found, she knows she doesn’t have a choice.
As the body count rises and the calling cards get increasingly personal, Katie and Nathan realise that someone very close to them is playing a dangerous game. Who can they trust, and how many more innocent lives will be taken before they can crack this disturbing riddle?
An absolutely nail-biting serial-killer thriller. Fans of The Girl in the Ice, or anything by Angela Marsons or Rachel Abbott will not want to miss this page-turning debut!
When a young mother is found dead in her home with a mysterious symbol drawn on her body, DI Katie Rhodes is shaken to her core; it’s a perfect match to the birthmark she once saw on her old partner, Nathan Radley.
Formerly one of the best criminal psychologists on the police force, Nathan was renowned for getting deep into the minds of the murderers he hunted. But for the past year he has lived in isolation, terrified of losing control over his own dark desires…
Katie swore she’d never knock on Nathan’s door again, but when another woman’s body is found, she knows she doesn’t have a choice.
As the body count rises and the calling cards get increasingly personal, Katie and Nathan realise that someone very close to them is playing a dangerous game. Who can they trust, and how many more innocent lives will be taken before they can crack this disturbing riddle?
An absolutely nail-biting serial-killer thriller. Fans of The Girl in the Ice, or anything by Angela Marsons or Rachel Abbott will not want to miss this page-turning debut!
Buy Links:
Amazon: myBook.to/DLSocial
ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅π
My Review
3☆ Interesting Characters, A slower Paced Thriller.
Dark lies ( also named In the Blood) is a story about secrets, serial killer, gruesome murders, getting into the mind of a serial killer, plenty of twists and turns.
I did enjoy Dark Lies but Unfortunately I found it to be somewhat disjointed and a little confusing.
I found myself backtracking to make sure I was heading in the right direction with my thoughts.
I did like the detectives especially Nathan who was a Criminal Psychologist.
I found his work to be really intriguing how he can profile a killer and get inside their heads. He was a damaged soul but really good at his job.
I would of preferred to get more back story on DI Katie Rhodes and Nathan before they stopped working together.
I felt like as a reader I was dropped into the middle of their lives. Which made it take longer to connect with them.
I am interested to see where Nick takes his characters next as this is the first book in the series.
I would recommend Dark Lies as it is a good read. But i would say it takes time to unravel the plot and get to grips with the story so be patient with it.
A good attempt as a first in the series. Intrigued to see what's next!
ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅π
Dark lies ( also named In the Blood) is a story about secrets, serial killer, gruesome murders, getting into the mind of a serial killer, plenty of twists and turns.
I did enjoy Dark Lies but Unfortunately I found it to be somewhat disjointed and a little confusing.
I found myself backtracking to make sure I was heading in the right direction with my thoughts.
I did like the detectives especially Nathan who was a Criminal Psychologist.
I found his work to be really intriguing how he can profile a killer and get inside their heads. He was a damaged soul but really good at his job.
I would of preferred to get more back story on DI Katie Rhodes and Nathan before they stopped working together.
I felt like as a reader I was dropped into the middle of their lives. Which made it take longer to connect with them.
I am interested to see where Nick takes his characters next as this is the first book in the series.
I would recommend Dark Lies as it is a good read. But i would say it takes time to unravel the plot and get to grips with the story so be patient with it.
A good attempt as a first in the series. Intrigued to see what's next!
ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅π
Author Bio
From bookbinder to gardener to forensic analyst, Nick has enjoyed an extremely varied working life. At home his interests are equally diverse, but nothing beats books. Collecting, reading, writing, they have always been a passion in one form or another. A graduate of Royal Holloway's Creative Writing Masters, he's fulfilling a long-held dream of being published and hopes to be at this for a good while yet. He lives in Cambridgeshire with his partner, young son and cat.
Author Social Media Links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vonma
ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and
Talking about.....
Dark Lies!
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅



Comments
Post a Comment