Blog Tour- A PLACE TO REMEMBER - 18/3/18

Blog Tour 

A PLACE TO REMEMBER 
By Jenn J. McLeod


On my Blog Today I have the pleasure of Sharing with you....
A Place to Remember 

I would like to thank Melanie Price at Head of Zeus and Jenn J. McLeod for inviting me on the Blog Tour

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Book Information 

A multi-generational contemporary romantic saga set in a cattle ranch in Central Queensland, Australia. 

A man loses five years of his life. Two women are desperate for him to remember. Running away for the second time in her life, twenty-seven-year old Ava believes the cook's job at a country B&B is perfect, until she meets the owner's son, John Tate. 

The young fifth-generation grazier is a beguiling blend of both man, boy and a 
terrible flirt. With their connection immediate and intense, they begin a clandestine affair right under the noses of John's formidable parents. 

Thirty years later, Ava returns to Candlebark Creek with her daughter, Nina, who is determined to meet her mother's lost love for herself. While struggling to find her 
own place in the world, Nina discovers an urban myth about a love-struck man, a forgotten engagement ring, and a dinner reservation back in the eighties. Now she must decide if revealing the truth will hurt more than it heals... 


Links to buy 

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2GuGNjy 
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2EJp6Ag
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2HyCS6U 
iBooks: https://apple.co/2odYDRn

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Sneak Peak Book Extract


Scones and a cuppa, anyone?

The song goes something like, “Food, glorious food . . . .” and apparently so does a Jenn J McLeod novel. It seems I’m slightly obsessed by food. Maybe that how I managed to write a novel about obsession, only in A Place to Remember John’s obsession is the land and the fifth-generation cattle property in Central Queensland.

I do like a good steak! See, there I go again, thinking about food.

Not until readers started pointing out my proclivity for cooking themes and motifs in my novels did I wash down the home-baked salty kale crisps with a ginger and lime fusion tea and look back over all five books I’ve written.

And my readers are right – as usual.

Pouring though each novel, in between sous-viding my hickory-smoked chicken and checking my pork dumplings and 100-year-old eggs in spicy broth, I realised I not only have cafes, pubs, and cooking scenes, there are several instances in which I’ve written scenes that include the actual kitchen sink.

“Hello, my name is Jenn and I am addicted to heaping generous portions of food into my novels.”

I must also confess to having a lot of fun with food and cooks.

  • In my latest release, A Place to Remember, there’s Ava (whose travelled from Candlebark Creek to Le Cordon Blu and back again). The doyenne of dough and ex-company director of the Bark Hut Bakery franchise makes THE best lavender shortbread.
  • In House for all Seasons wheelchair-bound Will owns The Wheelie Great CafΓ© and it is the hub of Calingarry Crossing.
  • In Simmering Season I created Ethne, the pub’s cook, whose portions are as plentiful and as generous as she is with her advice to poor Maggie, the pub owner.
  • In Season of Shadow and Light I was a bit mean to Aiden. Swindled by his girlfriend, his food dream defunct, he’s back home – cranky and broke in Coolabah Tree Gully – and fulltime Executive Chip Fryer in his uncle’s old pub.
  • And in The Other Side of the Season you’ll meet wanna-be cafΓ© owner, Jake, and Pearl who’s middle eastern heritage makes her born to cook.

Excuse me while I finish my salted almond tuile with macadamia ice cream and blood orange foam and I’ll try explaining this obsession . . .

Yes, I love my food and yes, I do have a few food references in A Place to Remember. I also admit I’m partial to including references to the Country Women’s Association. I mean, a small Aussie town is not a small Aussie town without a CWA thread, right? How else do we get our scone fix?
And as one reader writes in a review on Goodreads:

“There is also a delightful sub-story about panna cotta and a lost engagement ring. A big book, it nevertheless bounds along and you simply get caught up in the story. Plus, now I have an insane urge to bake some scones. Thanks, Jenn!”

You’re welcome, Malvina. Now, let me pour you some tea.

Even my editor who worked on this manuscript noted my focus on food. Here’s what she had to say:
“Thank you so much for asking me to work on this beguiling novel. I've enjoyed it enormously. First, of course, there's a terrific love story but also the glorious Australian backdrops -- those sunsets, the colours! (I love colour.) And the cooking, a delicious (intentional adjective!) theme, carefully controlled, that runs throughout. It was easy to get entangled in (and enthralled by) the lives of the Marchettes and the Tates -- and to be horrified by Marjorie's catastrophic manipulation. In the end, thankfully, love wins through for John and Ava, while the damage is happily repaired and resolved in the next generation, with Blair and Nina (she's a gorgeously feisty girl). This novel made me laugh, it made me angry and even frustrated (both of the latter in a good way: a response to great story-telling). It was also deeply satisfying!” 

Speaking of satisfying . . . I’m off to whip up a batch of Ava’s heart-shaped lavender shortbread biscuits. I’ve tried lots of different versions, but here are a couple of links you might like to check out.



 πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Author Bio 


After leaving the corporate working world, Jenn J. McLeod decided to travel
Australia in a fifth-wheeler caravan and fulfil her lifelong ambition to write.
She has since published four novels.

Follow Jenn J. McLeod 
Website: https://www.jennjmcleod.com/
Twitter: @jennjmcleod
Facebook: JennJMcLeod.books

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about.....
A PLACE TO REMEMBER

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling