Blog Tour - Super Nutrition
Blog Tour
Super Nutrition
by Terry McIlroy
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Super Nutrition
I would like to thank Faye at Authoright and Terry McIlroy for inviting me on the
blog tour
πππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Release Date: 2nd May 2019
Genre: Non-Ficton
Page Count: 216
Publisher: Clink Street Publishing
We have all uttered these phrases at one time or another:
“Your health is your wealth.”
“You are what you eat.”
Deep down, we all know, that what we choose to eat and drink has a massive impact on our health.
Confused about your nutritional needs? Not anymore! With a clear focus on sourcing the right ingredients, including condiments, herbs, spices & organic produce, we can all take advantage of, and unlock thepowerful nutrients within them, to try and ensure that we are not insufficient or deficient in any given vitamin, mineral, macro or micro-nutrient, whilst tryingto reduce our toxic load, thus easing the burden on our body’s natural ability to detoxify itself and restore homeostasis/balance. This book gives you the tools and knowledge to structure your diet and help you strive towards optimal health, with totally unique, delicious, health giving recipes, so you can enjoy the ride.
Start your new journey to health and happiness here NOW! Grab a copy of Super Nutrition today and take control of your health once and for all, shed those unwanted pounds, balance your blood sugars and heal your gut with nutritional therapy
Terry McIlroy has taken well-known, popular dishes and transformed them into nutrient dense powerhouse meals, just by making a few ingredient swaps with modern twists, such as his New Dehli Fritatta, Carrot Cake Smoothie, Mixed Mushroom, Almond & Tarragon Soup, Curried Quinoa Taboulleh Salad, Proper Spelt Bread, Southern Fried Chicken, Millionaires Shortbread and of course Fish ‘n’ Chips.
ππππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A Scrumptious Selection of Recipes with a Healthy Nutritional Twist!
Super Nutrition is a fresh, Fun and enticing cookbook that combines loved recipes but gives them a healthy nutritional twist.
For example for the millionaires Shortbread recipe, rather than using biscuits that's full of fats & sugar Terry has used Raw Almond & Dates for the biscuit Base and using cacao powder for the chocolate layer and Cashew Nuts, Coconut Oil & Dates to make the caramel.
I want to take a moment to mention the Book Cover.
Unfortunately I'm not overly keen on the Cover.
It's quiet dull and dark, I think books need to be visual on the eye especially if you are talking about food and health.
It needs to inspire and draw me towards it.
There are so many of these types of books out there and for me personally the Cover doesn't represent food and nutrition it looks more like a dark mystery romance.
This is of course just my personal preference.
However the illustrations are beautifully created. I love a cook book/ recipe book that shows the finished product so you know what to expect. Not all of the recipes have pictures but the majority do.
I have read a fair few of these types of nutritional books over the years. Been to dieticians etc... do they work... Well who am I to say! Each person will take away something different, what works for one doesn't always work for another.
Some of the equipment needed that has been listed can work out expensive, for example air fryer, nutri bullet, slow cooker, food processor.
I mean I definitely don't have most of those items as I've never had any need for them. Could I afford to go buy them and potentially use them once or twice, not really!
Can alternatives be used, I can't comment as I'm yet to try out the recipes.
Just to be mindful Some of the ingredients could potentially work out costly as Terry highly recommends Organic Produce and some of the ingredients like Raw honey and Dates and Nuts can be a little costly.
What I did love was that Terry hasn't bogged the down with endless amount of information, you come to expect with health books.
It's short, sharp and to the point which is perfect. A whole 9 pages of useful and interesting facts and suggestions.
One of the interesting tips was using Epsom Salts, I do love that idea although can work out expensive but beneficial.
Unfortunately I cannot use them as I'm diabetic. But it's a shame as i know lots of people who do benefit from using them with rheumatoid arthritis. So definitely worth looking into!
Then the book leads on to the recipe sections.
Each recipe has
* A serving/portion guide.
* List of Ingredients
* The Method
What I would of liked to of seen was a nutrition guide ie, how much sugar, fats.etc.. was in each individual recipe
* Then at the very bottom is a health benefit fact linking to at least one ingredient.
For example 'Cinnamon helps balance Blood Sugar Levels' - which I didn't know
The book is split into different exciting sections. Which i have outlined below with a few examples of each section.
First one - Fresh Juices and Scented Infusions.
Examples
* lemon & ginger frozen cubes
* Pear, Cucumber, Watermelon & Mint Cooler
* Sunshine Sherbet Surprise
Second Section - Break the Fast
Examples
* Chilled Oat & Blueberry "Angel Delight"
* Bean Burrito
* New Delhi Fritatta
* Wholemeal Spelt Pancakes with Caramelised Banana
Third Section - Super Smoothie
Examples
* Tropical Pineapple Breezer
* Carrot Cake Smoothie
* Berry Beet Smoothie
* Apple Crumble Smoothie
Fourth Section - Serious Salads
Examples
* Bang Bang Asian Rice Noodle Salad
* Mexican Bean Rice Pasta Salad
* Wild Alaskan Salmon Waldorf Salad
Fifth Section - Soups de Jour
Examples
* Mixed Mushroom, Almond & Tarragon Soup
* Chickpea, Chilli & Coriander Soup
* Mexican Minestrone
* Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup with Sage & Goats Cheese
Sixth Section - Our Daily Bread
Examples
* Sun-dried Tomato Focaccia Bread
* Spelt Burger Buns
* Tortilla Wraps
* Spelt Loaf
Seventh Section - Lush Lunches
Examples
* Carribean Sea bass Tacos with Mango & Chilli Salsa
* Eggy Flatbread Pizza
* Red Quinoa & Blackbean Burger
* Southern Fried Chicken
* Singapore Fried Rice with Scrambled Tofu
Eighth Section - Healthy Snacks
Examples
* Fire Roasted Red Pepper & Mint Hummus with Crudites
* Curried Butter bean Dip with crunchy Sugar Snaps and Baby Corn
* Decadent Raspberry Ruffles
* Millionaires Shortbread
Ninth Section - Proper Dinners
Examples
* Honey Chilli Beef Stir Fry
* Magic Moussaka
* Thai Green Curry with Salmon Fishcake & Coconut Quinoa
* Pasta Primavera Verdi
As you can see there are a variety of nutritional and exciting recipes that will cater for all and get you tummy rumbling.
I am certainly looking forward to trying a few out.
Overall a great Recipe Book with some interesting nutritional facts.
Would I recommend buying Super Nutrition... yes I would, especially if you are looking for healthy inspiration.
Super Nutrition is a fresh, Fun and enticing cookbook that combines loved recipes but gives them a healthy nutritional twist.
For example for the millionaires Shortbread recipe, rather than using biscuits that's full of fats & sugar Terry has used Raw Almond & Dates for the biscuit Base and using cacao powder for the chocolate layer and Cashew Nuts, Coconut Oil & Dates to make the caramel.
I want to take a moment to mention the Book Cover.
Unfortunately I'm not overly keen on the Cover.
It's quiet dull and dark, I think books need to be visual on the eye especially if you are talking about food and health.
It needs to inspire and draw me towards it.
There are so many of these types of books out there and for me personally the Cover doesn't represent food and nutrition it looks more like a dark mystery romance.
This is of course just my personal preference.
However the illustrations are beautifully created. I love a cook book/ recipe book that shows the finished product so you know what to expect. Not all of the recipes have pictures but the majority do.
I have read a fair few of these types of nutritional books over the years. Been to dieticians etc... do they work... Well who am I to say! Each person will take away something different, what works for one doesn't always work for another.
Some of the equipment needed that has been listed can work out expensive, for example air fryer, nutri bullet, slow cooker, food processor.
I mean I definitely don't have most of those items as I've never had any need for them. Could I afford to go buy them and potentially use them once or twice, not really!
Can alternatives be used, I can't comment as I'm yet to try out the recipes.
Just to be mindful Some of the ingredients could potentially work out costly as Terry highly recommends Organic Produce and some of the ingredients like Raw honey and Dates and Nuts can be a little costly.
What I did love was that Terry hasn't bogged the down with endless amount of information, you come to expect with health books.
It's short, sharp and to the point which is perfect. A whole 9 pages of useful and interesting facts and suggestions.
One of the interesting tips was using Epsom Salts, I do love that idea although can work out expensive but beneficial.
Unfortunately I cannot use them as I'm diabetic. But it's a shame as i know lots of people who do benefit from using them with rheumatoid arthritis. So definitely worth looking into!
Then the book leads on to the recipe sections.
Each recipe has
* A serving/portion guide.
* List of Ingredients
* The Method
What I would of liked to of seen was a nutrition guide ie, how much sugar, fats.etc.. was in each individual recipe
* Then at the very bottom is a health benefit fact linking to at least one ingredient.
For example 'Cinnamon helps balance Blood Sugar Levels' - which I didn't know
The book is split into different exciting sections. Which i have outlined below with a few examples of each section.
First one - Fresh Juices and Scented Infusions.
Examples
* lemon & ginger frozen cubes
* Pear, Cucumber, Watermelon & Mint Cooler
* Sunshine Sherbet Surprise
Second Section - Break the Fast
Examples
* Chilled Oat & Blueberry "Angel Delight"
* Bean Burrito
* New Delhi Fritatta
* Wholemeal Spelt Pancakes with Caramelised Banana
Third Section - Super Smoothie
Examples
* Tropical Pineapple Breezer
* Carrot Cake Smoothie
* Berry Beet Smoothie
* Apple Crumble Smoothie
Fourth Section - Serious Salads
Examples
* Bang Bang Asian Rice Noodle Salad
* Mexican Bean Rice Pasta Salad
* Wild Alaskan Salmon Waldorf Salad
Fifth Section - Soups de Jour
Examples
* Mixed Mushroom, Almond & Tarragon Soup
* Chickpea, Chilli & Coriander Soup
* Mexican Minestrone
* Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup with Sage & Goats Cheese
Sixth Section - Our Daily Bread
Examples
* Sun-dried Tomato Focaccia Bread
* Spelt Burger Buns
* Tortilla Wraps
* Spelt Loaf
Seventh Section - Lush Lunches
Examples
* Carribean Sea bass Tacos with Mango & Chilli Salsa
* Eggy Flatbread Pizza
* Red Quinoa & Blackbean Burger
* Southern Fried Chicken
* Singapore Fried Rice with Scrambled Tofu
Eighth Section - Healthy Snacks
Examples
* Fire Roasted Red Pepper & Mint Hummus with Crudites
* Curried Butter bean Dip with crunchy Sugar Snaps and Baby Corn
* Decadent Raspberry Ruffles
* Millionaires Shortbread
Ninth Section - Proper Dinners
Examples
* Honey Chilli Beef Stir Fry
* Magic Moussaka
* Thai Green Curry with Salmon Fishcake & Coconut Quinoa
* Pasta Primavera Verdi
As you can see there are a variety of nutritional and exciting recipes that will cater for all and get you tummy rumbling.
I am certainly looking forward to trying a few out.
Overall a great Recipe Book with some interesting nutritional facts.
Would I recommend buying Super Nutrition... yes I would, especially if you are looking for healthy inspiration.
ππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Terry McIlroy is a Professional Chef with over 27 years experience within the culinary industry. He is also a Nutritionist/Nutritional Therapist, specializing in the field of Naturopathic Nutrition. He has inspired many with his passion, knowledge, creativity and flair in the kitchen, As an Executive Head Chef, whilst running several businesses. During his clinical experience he transformed the lives of all of his clients, giving them Nutritional, Supplemental and Lifestyle protocols to follow, all of whom reported dramatic improvements in their health and wellbeing, after implementing his bespoke diet plans, and lifestyle changes.
Terry has combined his Culinary and Nutritional Expertise to produce his inaugural Book ‘Super Nutrition’ which is set to inspire and transform the lives of millions. He offers, (never before seen in one piece of work) unique Health & Wellbeing Advice, Tips and Recipes, Arming the reader with the tools to take control of their health, and live a vibrant, happy life.
ππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Super Nutrition by Terry McIlroy
@fayerogersuk,
@authoright
hashtag #SuperNutrition
ππππππππππππππππ


Comments
Post a Comment