Blog Tour - Pink Ice Creams
Blog Tour
ππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
πππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A Gritty Contemporary Fiction
When I first started reading Pink Ice Creams I really didn't think I was going to get on with it.
I felt like I was dropped into the deep end of a story and no clue what was going on.
But I'm so glad I persevered with it as once i got used to the first person writing style then I really enjoyed getting into Kay's thoughts and feelings.
Kay has a problem with alcohol and it's ruining her marriage.
Determined to fix herself and her marriage she runs away to a caravan park where she spent her childhood.
But that comes with a price, and painful dark memories come flooding back.
You see Kay's brother Adam went missing years ago and she blames herself and has never let go.
So as the story progresses you delve into Kay's past and the lead up to Adam's disappearance.
But the more Kay battles with her daemons and alcohol, the more shes putting herself and others at risk!
Pink Ice Creams is a Gritty, pacy read that once you get into the style of writing you want to know more, it's drama filled, with plenty of mayhem along the way.
The Characters are deeply flawed yet perfectly developed for the story.
I recommend reading Pink Ice Creams if you enjoy your contemporary fiction gritty and complex.
πππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
ππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Pink Ice Creams by Jo Woolaston
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
ππππππππππππππππ
Pink Ice Creams
by Jo Woolaston
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Pink Ice Creams
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Jo Woolaston for inviting me on the blog tour.
ππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Intent on fixing her broken marriage and the alcohol-fuelled catastrophe that is her life, Kay Harris arrives at her grim and grey holiday let, ready to lay to rest the tragedy that has governed her entire adulthood – the disappearance of her little brother, Adam.
But the road to recovery is pitted with the pot-holes of her own poor choices, and it isn’t long before Kay is forced to accept that maybe she doesn’t deserve the retribution she seeks. Will the intervention of strangers help her find the answers she needs to move on from her past, or will she always be stuck on the hard shoulder with no clear view ahead and a glove box full of empties?
Pink Ice Creams is a tale of loss, self-destruction, and clinging on to the scraps of the long-lost when everyone else has given up hope.
Purchase links:
Paperback: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1984168231
Author Page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B07RYX3YWP
Amazon.com:
Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1984168231
Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/jowoolaston
πππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A Gritty Contemporary Fiction
When I first started reading Pink Ice Creams I really didn't think I was going to get on with it.
I felt like I was dropped into the deep end of a story and no clue what was going on.
But I'm so glad I persevered with it as once i got used to the first person writing style then I really enjoyed getting into Kay's thoughts and feelings.
Kay has a problem with alcohol and it's ruining her marriage.
Determined to fix herself and her marriage she runs away to a caravan park where she spent her childhood.
But that comes with a price, and painful dark memories come flooding back.
You see Kay's brother Adam went missing years ago and she blames herself and has never let go.
So as the story progresses you delve into Kay's past and the lead up to Adam's disappearance.
But the more Kay battles with her daemons and alcohol, the more shes putting herself and others at risk!
Pink Ice Creams is a Gritty, pacy read that once you get into the style of writing you want to know more, it's drama filled, with plenty of mayhem along the way.
The Characters are deeply flawed yet perfectly developed for the story.
I recommend reading Pink Ice Creams if you enjoy your contemporary fiction gritty and complex.
πππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Jo Woolaston lives in Leicestershire, England with her extreme noise-making husband and two lovely sons. She tries to avoid housework and getting a ‘proper job’ by just writing stuff instead - silly verse, screenplays, shopping lists...
This sometimes works in her favour (she did well in her MA in TV Scriptwriting, gaining a Best Student award in Media and Journalism – and has had a few plays produced - that kind of thing) but mostly it just results in chronic insomnia and desperate tears of frustration. Pink Ice Creams is her first novel, she hopes you liked it.
Social Media Links –
Website: https://www.jowoolaston.com
Twitter: @JoWoolaston
ππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Pink Ice Creams by Jo Woolaston
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
ππππππππππππππππ



Comments
Post a Comment