Blog Tour - Confessions of a Bad Mother The Teenage Years
Blog Tour
Confessions of a Bad Mother
The Teenage Years
by Stephanie Calman
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Confessions of a Bad Mother
The Teenage Years
I would like to thank Tracy at Compulsive Readers Tours and Stephanie Calman for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππ
Book Information
When you’re pregnant you think: ‘I’m having a baby’, not a person who will eventually catch trains by themselves, share a fridge with ten strangers, go to a festival in Croatia without succumbing to a drug overdose, and one day, bring you a gin and tonic when your mother is dying.
We imagine the teenage years as a sort of domestic meteor strike, when our dear, sweet child, hitherto so trusting and mild, is suddenly replaced by a sarcastic know-all who isn’t interested in the wisdom we have to pass on. But with great honesty and refreshingly bracing wit, Stephanie Calman shows that adolescence in fact begins much earlier, around the age of seven.
We imagine the teenage years as a sort of domestic meteor strike, when our dear, sweet child, hitherto so trusting and mild, is suddenly replaced by a sarcastic know-all who isn’t interested in the wisdom we have to pass on. But with great honesty and refreshingly bracing wit, Stephanie Calman shows that adolescence in fact begins much earlier, around the age of seven.
And having nurtured them through every stage of development, from walking to school by themselves to their first all-night party, you find yourself alone – bereaved even – as they skip off to university without a second glance.
Candid, touching and very, very funny, Confessions of a Bad Mother: The Teenage Years offers hope to despairing and exhausted parents everywhere. Read it and discover that your teenager is not the enemy after all.
ππππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ Hilarious, Light Hearted Must Read For ALL MUMS!
Ok so I'm reading this from a different perspective as i haven't got children.
But It made me really appreciate what mum's go through. Luckily I'm extremely close to my Mum she is my best friend!
Confessions of a Bad Mother The Teenage Years is an account so to speak of Stephanie bringing up her two children as they go through teens to adulthood. The ups and downs, the hormone changes, the mood swings, wanting to hang out with friends, sounding familiar?.... hah maybe I just described myself at 13! π
It was laugh out loud funny, very honest, light hearted and extremely relatable to all mum's.
I often hear my mum say wait till you have kids, as did my Nan to my Mum and reading this book just highlights those words. The emotions and ups and downs that Mums face dealing with those awkward teenage years.
What I really took from reading this is that all mum's can relate, even those expecting or those who are yet to have children. After all we have all been children ourselves.
There is no right or wrong way, to parent as every child is different and needs different parenting.
I definitely recommend reading Confessions of a Bad Mother The Teenage Years, it's hilarious, honest, relatable to all, I whizzed through the pages with ease.
Stephanie has written a Gem of a book that all parents, and even children should read, it certainly opened up my eyes and took me back to my teenage years!
Ok so I'm reading this from a different perspective as i haven't got children.
But It made me really appreciate what mum's go through. Luckily I'm extremely close to my Mum she is my best friend!
Confessions of a Bad Mother The Teenage Years is an account so to speak of Stephanie bringing up her two children as they go through teens to adulthood. The ups and downs, the hormone changes, the mood swings, wanting to hang out with friends, sounding familiar?.... hah maybe I just described myself at 13! π
It was laugh out loud funny, very honest, light hearted and extremely relatable to all mum's.
I often hear my mum say wait till you have kids, as did my Nan to my Mum and reading this book just highlights those words. The emotions and ups and downs that Mums face dealing with those awkward teenage years.
What I really took from reading this is that all mum's can relate, even those expecting or those who are yet to have children. After all we have all been children ourselves.
There is no right or wrong way, to parent as every child is different and needs different parenting.
I definitely recommend reading Confessions of a Bad Mother The Teenage Years, it's hilarious, honest, relatable to all, I whizzed through the pages with ease.
Stephanie has written a Gem of a book that all parents, and even children should read, it certainly opened up my eyes and took me back to my teenage years!
ππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Confessions of a Bad Mother The Teenage Years by Stephanie Calman
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
@EmmaFinnigan
@picadorbooks
#confessionsofabadmother
ππππππππππππππππ


Comments
Post a Comment