Blog Tour - The Dream of the Tortoise

Blog Tour





The Dream of the Tortoise 
by Nyako Nakar




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
The Dream of the Tortoise 

I would like to thank Faye at Authoright and  Nyako Nakar for inviting me on the 
blog tour 

πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’

Book Information 

Release Date: 30th April 2019
Genre: Picture Book
Page Count: 36
Publisher: Clink Street Publishing


This is the story of a tortoise with very big dreams.





πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–

My Review 

4☆ A Beautifully Heart warming, Fun Adventure

The Dream of the Tortoise is a beautifully Illustrated Children's Picture Book about Friendship, Fitting In, Being Kind and Finding Happiness.

The Tortoise is very very old now and he is having difficulties in seeing and hearing.
So when he makes friends with a glow worm the two set off on an adventure to help Tortoise live his dream.

Tortoises don't swim but he dreams of swimming in the sea.
But with the help from some wise friends can he achieve his dream?

This story melted my heart, as it tells a tale of what it's like to get older. In a way which children will be able to relate too.

It also tells you to follow your dreams no matter what, nothing is too big you can't succeed.

However there's one thing I felt a little uncomfortable with and that was the tortoise giving up eating and then being plagued by ants in order to fullfill his dreams.
I found it to be rather extreme for a children's book. Especially the starving part. I understand why it was put in as the tortoise needed to rid his shell in order to swim. But I think there could of maybe been another way to write it.
That's just my opinion and maybe I'm taking it out of context but it did concern me a little.

Having said that it is a gorgeous book and will encourage children to want to learn to swim.
It encourages children to be kind and help each other out which is such a positive message.

I think this is the perfect book for children aged 6+ younger readers will enjoy it too but Some of the story might need more explanation.
Solo reading, bedtime story, group reads and school reads would be brilliant for The Dream of the Tortoise.

The illustrations are beautifully created and tell the story perfectly.
I definitely recommend The Dream of the Tortoise if you are looking for a Picture Book that will take you on a heart warming and fun adventure, with some loveable characters.


πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–

Author Bio 


When I was a child, I had many problems in school. I had a hard time concentrating and committing things to memory and was hyperactive – characteristics that would be recognised today as typical of someone with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

I sat as far back as possible in the class and while the teacher talked and talked about things that I didn’t understand, I drew – though from a distance the teacher may have thought I was making notes on what he was saying. Quite often the teacher noticed and punished me or expelled me from class.

I had a lot of imagination and that helped me to create many different stories.

Later, after studying graphic design and working in advertising, I changed course and decided to dedicate myself to theatre and dance. I studied at the Theatre Institute of Barcelona and soon after I joined The Lindsay Kemp Company, where I worked for many years and in parallel created my own theatre company.

In the 1990’s I left the theatre and immersed myself once again in graphic design, starting to work on 3D computer design programmes.

I am also very interested in the world of meditation and healing and I travelled all over the world, getting to know other cultures and investigating Shamanism, especially in India and Mexico. I conducted many workshops in Spain on how to use silence to encourage creativity.

Today I continue to love the world of drawing and children’s stories and I have many drawings and writings to edit in the future.

Since 2017 I have lived in London and found the peace and tranquillity to work and to make my dreams come true.




πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about.....The Dream of the Tortoise by Nyako Nakar

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️




πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling