Blog Tour - Retriever of Souls
Blog Tour
Retriever of Souls
(book 1)
by Lorraine Mace
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
Retriever of Souls
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Lorraine Mace for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Brought up believing that sex is the devil's work, a killer only finds release once he has saved his victim's souls. Abiding by his vision, he marks them as his. A gift to guide his chosen ones on the rightful path to redemption.
Detective Inspector Paolo Sterling is out to stop him, but Paolo has problems of his own. Hunting down the killer as the death toll rises, the lines soon blur between Paolo's personal and professional lives.
Purchase Links:
πππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ Gripping, Gritty and Gruesome, A Perfect Start to a New Series!
Retriever of Souls is the first book in a new gripping new series.
The first few pages were gripping and definitely had the shock factor.
There's a serial killer on the lose!
And wow is he twisted! He prays on a certain type of prostitute, he believes he has been recruited by God to save their souls by beating them to death in a gruesome ritual.
But it's not just that there is so much more to his character. Mummy issues, sexual issues wow!
Detective inspector Paolo is tasked with hunting the killer down.
I really liked Paolo he is an endearing character, strong, dedicated, complex but a good leader.
Unlike his sexist partner Dave who is a womanizer who has no respect for women. Let's just say I wanted to smack him on several occasions!
Retriever of Souls is a gripping, twisted, gruesome, police procedural, full of juicy twists and turns, potentially suspects that I didn't guess straight away (which is a huge bonus) , it's a pacy read that ramps up suspense. The chapters are nice and short.
I loved the snippets from the killers warped mind as you get to delve into his past.
I was a little dubious at reading a thriller with a religious twist, but I'm so so glad I took the risk and read Retriever of Souls, as it's definitely going on my Must Read Series List!
I highly recommend it, the perfect start to a thrilling new crime fiction!
Retriever of Souls is the first book in a new gripping new series.
The first few pages were gripping and definitely had the shock factor.
There's a serial killer on the lose!
And wow is he twisted! He prays on a certain type of prostitute, he believes he has been recruited by God to save their souls by beating them to death in a gruesome ritual.
But it's not just that there is so much more to his character. Mummy issues, sexual issues wow!
Detective inspector Paolo is tasked with hunting the killer down.
I really liked Paolo he is an endearing character, strong, dedicated, complex but a good leader.
Unlike his sexist partner Dave who is a womanizer who has no respect for women. Let's just say I wanted to smack him on several occasions!
Retriever of Souls is a gripping, twisted, gruesome, police procedural, full of juicy twists and turns, potentially suspects that I didn't guess straight away (which is a huge bonus) , it's a pacy read that ramps up suspense. The chapters are nice and short.
I loved the snippets from the killers warped mind as you get to delve into his past.
I was a little dubious at reading a thriller with a religious twist, but I'm so so glad I took the risk and read Retriever of Souls, as it's definitely going on my Must Read Series List!
I highly recommend it, the perfect start to a thrilling new crime fiction!
πππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
When not working on her D.I. Sterling Series, Lorraine Mace is engaged in many writing-related activities. She is a columnist for both Writing Magazine and Writers' Forum and is head judge for Writers’ Forum monthly fiction competitions. A tutor for Writers Bureau, she also runs her own private critique and author mentoring service. She is co-author, with Maureen Vincent-Northam, of THE WRITER'S ABC CHECKLIST (Accent Press). Other books include children’s novel VLAD THE INHALER - HERO IN THE MAKING, and NOTES FROM THE MARGIN, a compilation of her Writing Magazine humour column.
Social Media Links –
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorraine.mace.52
πππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Retriever of Souls by Lorraine Mace
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
πππππππππππππππ



Comments
Post a Comment