Blog Tour- Dreaming of Rome

Blog Tour






Dreaming of Rome

By T.A. Williams




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Dreaming of Rome

I would like to thank Ellie at Canelo and
 T.A. Williams for inviting me on the 
blog tour 

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Book Information 


Previous Books: Dreaming of Venice, Dreaming of Florence, Dreaming of St Tropez, Dreaing of Christmas and Dreaming of Tuscany
Genre: Women’s Fiction
Release Date: 6th May 2019


Rome is where the heart is… The heartwarming read of the summer
Jo has had enough of handsome men. After a painful break-up, she’s decided she doesn’t believe in love.
Then, while on a professional trip to the magical city of Rome, she meets Corrado, a scientist and her brother-in-law to be, who doesn’t believe in love either. To him, it’s just a biochemical reaction. So what’s the problem?
Well, he’s gorgeous for a start, as well as charming, generous, intelligent and attentive, and she feels herself immediately falling for him, despite her new outlook.
The majesty of the Eternal City brings them ever closer together. But is their relationship doomed, or will love conquer all?
Heartbreaking and hilarious in equal measure, Dreaming of Rome is a joyous and uplifting read from T.A. Williams, perfect for fans of Holly Martin, Tilly Tennant and Jenny Oliver


Links to Book:

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

My Review 

5☆ A Light hearted and Enchanting Romance!

Once again T.A. Williams swept me off to a place I long to visit, this time round it's Rome.

I am a big fan of Williams books so as soon as i see a new book, I just know I'm in for an adventure filled with romance, an Adorable Lab (Daisy) and a stunning setting.

Jo is visiting Rome as her sister is getting married. She meets the very charming and handsome Corrado who is soon to be her Sisters Brother-in-law.
There is an instant attraction, but Jo is sworn herself off men as she nurses her broken heart, especially ones as handsome as Corrado.

Jo returns home but still dreaming of Rome and the brief time she spent with Corrado.
But things are starting to look up for her, when her boss has a nasty fall and sends Jo back to Rome to take part in an Important meeting, on his behalf.
Jo jumps at the chance and she secretly hopes to see Corrado again.
She doesn't have to wait too long when he meets her at the airport.

Can Rome and Corrado restore Jo's Faith in Men and Love? Or
Is she destined to be alone?

I can't not write this review without mentioning Daisy the adorable and very loveable Labrador fur Baby. Now any one who reads Trevor's books, will know there is always a cheeky and loveable Labrador and Daisy was one of my favourite pups.

Jo's passion is conservation and butterflies, which was so refreshing. It made a nice change to read about current environmental issues especially as plastic is killing our environment. I adore butterflies too so learning a bit more about them was an added bonus.

Dreaming of Rome is an Enchanting story of Second Chances, Romance, Family, Friendship and a sprinkle of drama.
Which as the title suggests... left me Dreaming of Rome!

Once again Williams has written a Gem of a book, steeped in history, delicious food, and a stunning location I didn't want to leave!
The Characters are intelligent, strong and as always are perfectly written, likeable and very relatable.

So if you are looking for a Light Hearted, Warm and Cosy, Women's Fiction that has a sprinkle of Romance, an important environmental message, a stunning location and an Adorable fur Baby then you will absolutely love Dreaming of Rome!
The perfect holiday and beach read!




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Author Guest Post 

T.A. (Trevor) Williams explains why he chose Rome as the setting for his latest book.




Why Rome?



In a nutshell, because I love the place. Way back in the mists of time I lived and worked in Italy, finally returning to the UK with a decent command of the language, a lasting love of the people, the food and the stunning scenery. Oh yes…and an Italian wife (and that’s lasted 44 years so far, so not a bad result).


I was lucky enough to be based in Florence and I probably love that city and its inhabitants even more, but my bosses were in Rome and I travelled down pretty often to see them. In so doing, I got to know Rome well – at least the centre. I only once ventured out into the suburbs to see a man on business and found myself in a post-apocalyptic world of burnt-out cars and graffiti on top of graffiti. So, just a caveat (to use the Roman term): Rome isn’t all visitor-friendly.


The greatest thing about Rome is the fact that the centro storico, the old part of town, is relatively compact and you can visit most of the famous stuff like the Forum, Vatican, Trevi Fountain or Villa Borghese on foot in a matter of minutes, rather than hours. The centre is virtually traffic-free now and it’s delightful to be able to stroll about, without fear of being taken out by kamikaze scooters or boy racers in souped-up Fiat Pandas. Do, however, be wary of the electric taxis which sweep up from behind without a sound.


The other thing I love about Rome is the fact that it is multi-layered. By that I mean that whereas a town like, for instance, Carcassonne, lives and breathes the Middle Ages, Rome lives and breathes all the different eras. Everywhere you go, you find traces of the ancient Romans with their temples, triumphal arches and statues, but alongside them are medieval and Renaissance gems like St Peter’s and modernist buildings that sprang up during the Fascist period under Mussolini as symbols of Italy’s rebirth. So, all in all, there’s a bit of everything. I like that.


Although I researched a lot of Roman history while I was writing Dreaming of Rome, I didn’t know a lot about it when I was there as a young man. What I did love (and still do) however, was the fact that almost everywhere you look, you see something interesting. You can be walking down a busy shopping street like Via Condotta, ogling at the mind-boggling prices of articles on display in shops boasting names like Prada and Valentino and suddenly see a worn old stone poking out of the pavement with a Latin inscription on it chiselled 2000 years ago. I like that, too.


I also love the food and drink and the plethora of different restaurants all over the place offering everything from fresh fish to homemade pasta (and don’t forget the ice cream). Alongside the restaurants are the bars and cafΓ©s where you can sit outside on the pavement and people-watch. And there are so, so many people to watch. I love sitting in a piazza like Piazza Navona, sipping a cold beer and trying to guess the nationalities as they come past. The best so far was twenty-seven different ones, but I know I missed a few. The cosmopolitan atmosphere this creates is exhilarating and I like that.


I could go on. I love the people – generally warm-hearted, welcoming and cheerful. I love the weather – boiling hot in summer and really quite cold in winter. I love the fact that it’s barely half an hour from the sparkling waters of the Mediterranean. And I love the style of the place. Romans like dressing up and they do it so well.


I hope at least some of my love for the Eternal City shines through when you read Dreaming of Rome. And, definitely, if you haven’t already been there, then go. You won’t regret it.


Trevor


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Author Bio 


T.A. Williams lives in Devon with his Italian wife. He was born in England of a Scottish mother and Welsh father. After a degree in modern languages at Nottingham University, he lived and worked in Switzerland, France and Italy, before returning to run one of the best-known language schools in the UK. He’s taught Arab princes, Brazilian beauty queens and Italian billionaires. He speaks a number of languages and has travelled extensively. He has eaten snake, still-alive fish, and alligator. A Spanish dog, a Russian bug and a Korean parasite have done their best to eat him in return. His hobby is long-distance cycling, but his passion is writing.


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Dreaming of Rome By T.A. Williams

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Comments

  1. Great post Dash Fan. It sounds like another delightful, romantic trip, this time to Rome

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling