Blog Tour - THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT
Blog Tour
In wartime it takes courage to follow your heart.
Manchester, 1939.
Everyone hated the heat and the deafening noise, but for Gracie the worst thing was the smell of chemicals that turned her stomach every morning when she arrived at the Rosenberg Raincoats factory.
Gracie is a girl on the factory floor. Jacob is the boss's charismatic nephew. When they fall in love, it seems as if the whole world is against them – especially Charlie Nuttall, who also works at the factory and has always wanted Gracie for himself.
But worse is to come when Jacob disappears and Gracie is devastated, vowing to find him. Can she solve the mystery of his whereabouts? Gracie will need all her strength and courage to find a happy ending.
Buy links:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2HU9E4V
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2HKJRN5
iBooks: https://apple.co/2TEXaQO
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2YqUREC
Gracie had kept her word by not telling anyone about meeting Jacob ‒ she had even
told an outright lie when Maria asked if she had gone to Heaton Park on Sunday. But
as the week went by she had felt distinctly slighted by him. There was no friendly
smile when he checked her raincoats and she never once caught him watching her.
Then, late on Friday afternoon, she spotted him going into the haberdashery
storeroom. She quickly checked that Mr Rosenberg was not on the factory floor, then left her machine. Jacob was up a stepladder at full stretch hauling a box off the top
shelf. He had no idea she was there. She couldn’t resist it – a couple of strides to the
ladder, and she gave it a shake. It rocked from side to side, Jacob let go of the box to
save himself and jumped down. Seconds later they were both showered with horn
buttons as big as pennies.
‘Gracie! What did you do that for? I could have broken my neck.’
She laughed. ‘That’ll teach you to ignore me.’
‘Shush.’ He lowered his voice. ‘Nobody must know about us.’
‘Us? Even I don’t know about us,’ she said.
Just then, Mr Rosenberg appeared in the doorway. ‘What’s going on in here?’
‘Sorry, Uncle, bit of an accident. I was getting something from the top shelf and I
overbalanced.’ There was a stifled laugh from Gracie.
Mr Rosenberg glared at her. ‘And what are you doing here, Miss Earnshaw?’
‘Well, you’ll never believe it but—’
Jacob intervened: ‘Miss Earnshaw was walking past and she came in to help me
pick everything up.’
It was then Mr Rosenberg noticed the buttons all over the floor. ‘A farthing apiece,
those best horn buttons – gather them up this instant.’
When he had gone Gracie and Jacob looked at each other and laughed. ‘You’re
incorrigible,’ he said.
Gracie wrinkled her nose. ‘Is that good?’
‘No!’ Then he shrugged his shoulders. ‘Well, maybe in your case, yes.’
‘So, you like me, then?’
‘I didn’t say that.’
Gracie pouted and blinked, as if she was going to cry.
‘Oh, Gracie, I’m sorry. Look, I probably shouldn’t say this, but I haven’t stopped
thinking about you since Heaton Park. What if I asked you to meet me again?’
Gracie’s smile said it all.
Alrene Hughes grew up in Belfast and has lived in Manchester for most of her adult life.
She worked for British Telecom and the BBC before training as an English teacher. After teaching for twenty years, she retired and now writes full-time.
Follow Alrene:
Facebook: @alrenehugheswriter
Twitter: @alrenehughes
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT
By ALRENE HUGHES
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT
I would like to thank Victoria from Aria and ALRENE HUGHES for inviting me on the blog tour.
💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜
Book Information
Manchester, 1939.
Everyone hated the heat and the deafening noise, but for Gracie the worst thing was the smell of chemicals that turned her stomach every morning when she arrived at the Rosenberg Raincoats factory.
Gracie is a girl on the factory floor. Jacob is the boss's charismatic nephew. When they fall in love, it seems as if the whole world is against them – especially Charlie Nuttall, who also works at the factory and has always wanted Gracie for himself.
But worse is to come when Jacob disappears and Gracie is devastated, vowing to find him. Can she solve the mystery of his whereabouts? Gracie will need all her strength and courage to find a happy ending.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2HU9E4V
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2HKJRN5
iBooks: https://apple.co/2TEXaQO
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2YqUREC
💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚
My Review
4☆ A Compelling and Enthralling Historical Romance, with a Saga/Mystery Twist!
First of all I want to start by just mentioning how captivating the cover is! I love it!
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT is a wonderfully compelling and enthralling historical romance/ saga set in Manchester in the 1930s.
I love historical romances especially ones set in the war times.
Gracie works in the Rosenberg Raincoat Factory making Raincoats. It's not the best job and the conditions are awful, but one good thing to come from it was Jacob!
It's here she falls in love with Jacob.
They are not meant to be together and life isn't easy for them, but they just cant help being drawn to each other.
So when the are due to be married, Gracie is left bewildered and devastated when he never turns up. With no explanation or reason.
She is determined to find out what has happened to him no matter the outcome.
Gracie is a wonderful character, she's strong, independent, resilient, determined, She is kind and has a big heart, a breath of fresh air when such devastation surrounds them.
My heart went out to her when she lost Jacob. The two of them had been through so much.
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT truly is a wonderful mix of intrigue, passion, romance, heartache, devastation, mystery, underhanded tactics, friendship and strength.
ALRENE has created an atmospheric and poignant account of war times and how life was for people.
The Characters are strong, likeable and well thought out.
There are a few cleverly plotted twists and turns to keep you on your toes which I loved.
If you enjoy Historical Romances with a Saga/ mystery twist with a passionate yet heart breaking romance, then you will adore
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT
First of all I want to start by just mentioning how captivating the cover is! I love it!
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT is a wonderfully compelling and enthralling historical romance/ saga set in Manchester in the 1930s.
I love historical romances especially ones set in the war times.
Gracie works in the Rosenberg Raincoat Factory making Raincoats. It's not the best job and the conditions are awful, but one good thing to come from it was Jacob!
It's here she falls in love with Jacob.
They are not meant to be together and life isn't easy for them, but they just cant help being drawn to each other.
So when the are due to be married, Gracie is left bewildered and devastated when he never turns up. With no explanation or reason.
She is determined to find out what has happened to him no matter the outcome.
Gracie is a wonderful character, she's strong, independent, resilient, determined, She is kind and has a big heart, a breath of fresh air when such devastation surrounds them.
My heart went out to her when she lost Jacob. The two of them had been through so much.
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT truly is a wonderful mix of intrigue, passion, romance, heartache, devastation, mystery, underhanded tactics, friendship and strength.
ALRENE has created an atmospheric and poignant account of war times and how life was for people.
The Characters are strong, likeable and well thought out.
There are a few cleverly plotted twists and turns to keep you on your toes which I loved.
If you enjoy Historical Romances with a Saga/ mystery twist with a passionate yet heart breaking romance, then you will adore
THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT
💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚
Excerpt
told an outright lie when Maria asked if she had gone to Heaton Park on Sunday. But
as the week went by she had felt distinctly slighted by him. There was no friendly
smile when he checked her raincoats and she never once caught him watching her.
Then, late on Friday afternoon, she spotted him going into the haberdashery
storeroom. She quickly checked that Mr Rosenberg was not on the factory floor, then left her machine. Jacob was up a stepladder at full stretch hauling a box off the top
shelf. He had no idea she was there. She couldn’t resist it – a couple of strides to the
ladder, and she gave it a shake. It rocked from side to side, Jacob let go of the box to
save himself and jumped down. Seconds later they were both showered with horn
buttons as big as pennies.
‘Gracie! What did you do that for? I could have broken my neck.’
She laughed. ‘That’ll teach you to ignore me.’
‘Shush.’ He lowered his voice. ‘Nobody must know about us.’
‘Us? Even I don’t know about us,’ she said.
Just then, Mr Rosenberg appeared in the doorway. ‘What’s going on in here?’
‘Sorry, Uncle, bit of an accident. I was getting something from the top shelf and I
overbalanced.’ There was a stifled laugh from Gracie.
Mr Rosenberg glared at her. ‘And what are you doing here, Miss Earnshaw?’
‘Well, you’ll never believe it but—’
Jacob intervened: ‘Miss Earnshaw was walking past and she came in to help me
pick everything up.’
It was then Mr Rosenberg noticed the buttons all over the floor. ‘A farthing apiece,
those best horn buttons – gather them up this instant.’
When he had gone Gracie and Jacob looked at each other and laughed. ‘You’re
incorrigible,’ he said.
Gracie wrinkled her nose. ‘Is that good?’
‘No!’ Then he shrugged his shoulders. ‘Well, maybe in your case, yes.’
‘So, you like me, then?’
‘I didn’t say that.’
Gracie pouted and blinked, as if she was going to cry.
‘Oh, Gracie, I’m sorry. Look, I probably shouldn’t say this, but I haven’t stopped
thinking about you since Heaton Park. What if I asked you to meet me again?’
Gracie’s smile said it all.
💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚
Author Bio
She worked for British Telecom and the BBC before training as an English teacher. After teaching for twenty years, she retired and now writes full-time.
Follow Alrene:
Facebook: @alrenehugheswriter
Twitter: @alrenehughes
💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... THE GIRL IN THE PINK RAINCOAT • ALRENE HUGHES
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚💜📚



Comments
Post a Comment