Blog Tour - Forms of Things Unknown

Book Spotlight



Forms of Things Unknown 
by Elizabeth Ireland 




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
Forms of Things Unknown 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Elizabeth Ireland for inviting me on the blog tour 


πŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–

Book Information 


Recently returned to Chicago after a successful tour of Hamlet, Lillian Nolan is awakened in the dead of night by a strange voice. She is shocked to learn that well known and admired actress, Louise Hawthorne, has fallen to her death from the sixth floor of the Tremont House. Was it an accident? Did she jump or was she pushed? Louise’s former lover, and the main suspect, pleads with Lillian to uncover the truth and clear his name.
In the process of learning to trust her intuitive abilities, Lillian attempts to find balance between relying upon her gift and uncovering the truth in her own way. But the menace of death pursues her and soon her own life is at risk. When she finds herself in a trap from which she cannot escape, her only hope of survival is to call upon the metaphysical world.
Forms of Things Unknown is based on an actual event which occurred in June of 1876 in Chicago. It is the third standalone book in the Backstage Mystery Series.

THE BACKSTAGE MYSTERY SERIES
Tagline: Life upon the wicked stage can be deadly.
Set against the backdrop of the Gilded Age, the Backstage Mystery Series stars Lillian Nolan, an unconventional member of Chicago’s upper class who dreams of a career of fortune and fame in the theater. Talented and ambitious, she possesses a hidden skill which she is extremely reluctant to use—the ability to communicate with those who have died and now live in the world of “The Beyond.”  
The series chronicles her adventures in which she continually becomes enmeshed in solving mysteries which often require her accessing the realm of the paranormal. Filled with an incredible cast of characters—factual, fictional, and sometimes non-physical—who either help or hinder her quest for the truth, the stories take place during a period considered to be the golden age of both acting and spiritualism in America.

Purchase Links:
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PZYHC4S



πŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–

Author Interview

Forms of Things Unknown – Book Three
The Backstage Mystery Series
By Elizabeth Ireland

1. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have 
been and why?
I’m not sure I would want to be the author of any other book than my own. Each written work in the world encompasses an author’s unique perspective—a particular view of a problem or story—as well as being a product of the time that it was written in. If you give ten writers the same story, their finished products will be ten unique tellings of that story. While I might want to write like Agatha Christie, I believe only she could have authored the books she wrote. But to answer the question more specifically, it would be a great gift to have written To
Kill A Mockingbird—a book that is very well written and has inspired and moved 
so many people and continues to do so today.

2. What works best for you: Typewriters, fountain pen, dictate, computer or 
longhand?
When I first started writing fiction, I attended a workshop that explained a process whereby you engage your right brain first and worry about the left brain later. In a nutshell, this process includes: getting up early in the morning and 
immediately sitting at a table with an artist’s pad, and putting pen to paper. 
Writing in longhand, you don’t lift the pen off the page for two hours and you keep writing—sort of a stream of consciousness thing—but relating directly to the project you are working on. You do this each day and the trick is not to go back and read or edit what you have done—just begin the next morning from where you left off the day before. That’s how I got a very rough draft for my first book in a month. After that, I found out that I couldn’t write as fast as I could 
type. Now I do somewhat the same process for the creative portion of my writing, only at the computer. However, there is something rather mystical about writing in longhand as it is a more intimate process. After that, you turn to the left brain and re-write. For that, the computer comes in really handy.

3. Do you have a set schedule for writing, or are you one of those who write 
only when they feel inspired?
I beat myself up all the time because I am not as disciplined about my writing as I think I should be! My belief and experience tells me that if I show up on a regular basis, inspiration shows up too. If I wait for inspiration, I could wait a long time. As Stephen King wrote in On Writing (an excellent book on writing and a good read): “Your job is to make sure the muse knows where you’re going to be every day from nine ’til noon. Or seven ’til three. If he does know, I assure you that sooner or later he’ll start showing up.”

4. Writers are often associated with loner tendencies; is there any truth to that?
As far as I’m concerned, yes. I’m happy being alone. I’m happy when I create all by myself. But writers usually know that what they create is no good if they keep it to themselves. While I’d much prefer to sit in my office than be out talking with a group of people I’ve never met before, it’s much better for me—on a number of levels—to engage with others. A writer cannot afford these days (if he/she wants her work actually read) to only sit in an attic and write their heart out and never meet anyone. 

5. Do you set a plot or prefer going wherever an idea takes you?
I almost always work from a rough outline. Since I am writing a series, I have to keep in mind the story arcs of each of the characters. It is absolutely essential to keep track of where they are in that arc in each book, and what I want to accomplish with each character, so a spreadsheet is a valuable tool for me. Once 
those things are in place, I follow the outline but I also allow myself the freedom to go where new ideas take me within that framework. If I do come up with an idea that takes me in a whole different direction, I will explore that and if it fits 
into the framework, I will use it. Quite often I come up with subplots or clues that way and then I go back through the story and drop them in.

πŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–

Author Bio 



Elizabeth Ireland discovered her passion for theater early. After receiving undergraduate and graduate degrees in Theater, she accepted a teaching position in a vibrant performing arts department at a college in northern Illinois. For ten years, she taught, directed and ran front-of-house operations. American Theater History—particularly that of the 19th century—has always been of particular interest to her.
She has been a quarter-finalist and a semi-finalist for the Don and Gee Nicholl Fellowship in screenwriting sponsored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Two of her screenplays have been optioned, but remain unproduced. Her nonfiction work, Women of Vision: Ordinary Women, Extraordinary Lives, was published in 2008. Her work has also been published in a collection of paranormal short stories, Paramourtal: Tales of Undying Love and Loving the Undead. She lives in metro Atlanta with her ever-patient husband, and two quirky dachshunds.

Social Media Links



πŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....
Forms of Things Unknown by Elizabeth Ireland 

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️






πŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–πŸ“šπŸ’–

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -