Blog Tour - The Final Reckoning
Book Spotlight - #LoveBookGroupTours
🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷
Book Information
Despite Alfred's great victory at Edington, Wessex is far from secure.
With the threat of an imminent Viking attack, Matthew, now a warrior, is sent to fortify and defend the ford at Leatherhead. There, hopelessly outnumbered, he faces his sternest test as he and a small band of barely trained Saxon warriors strive to hold out long enough for help to arrive or resolve to die trying.
In a time ravaged by political uncertainty, Matthew is placed in intense personal danger as he is also ordered to investigate the tyranny of the Ealdorman's stepson and dispense justice as he sees fit.
With his life still threatened by the wound to his chest, what is asked of him seems more than any man should endure as he faces . . . The Final Reckoning
🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷
Author Guest Post
The Final Reckoning
(The Shadow of the Raven Book 3)
by Chris Bishop
On my blog today I have the pleasure of
sharing with you......
The Final Reckoning
I would like to thank Kelly at Love Book Group Tours and Chris Bishop for inviting me on the blog tour.
🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷
Book Information
Despite Alfred's great victory at Edington, Wessex is far from secure.
With the threat of an imminent Viking attack, Matthew, now a warrior, is sent to fortify and defend the ford at Leatherhead. There, hopelessly outnumbered, he faces his sternest test as he and a small band of barely trained Saxon warriors strive to hold out long enough for help to arrive or resolve to die trying.
In a time ravaged by political uncertainty, Matthew is placed in intense personal danger as he is also ordered to investigate the tyranny of the Ealdorman's stepson and dispense justice as he sees fit.
With his life still threatened by the wound to his chest, what is asked of him seems more than any man should endure as he faces . . . The Final Reckoning
Buy Link
https://amzn.to/2ECyG62🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷
Author Guest Post
THE DEVIL’S IN THE DETAIL
by
CHRIS BISHOP
Given that my series The Shadow of the Raven is based on events which took place over 1000 years ago, I am often asked about how I set about doing the necessary research.
The answer is that as the plots for all three books ‘follow’ in a sequence spanning a relatively short period of time, all my initial research was undertaken quite early on. This included a store of information accumulated over the years from my interest in all things Anglo Saxon and also information gleaned from books by various eminent historians. I still refer back to those sources constantly when writing as they provide a lot of background information – how the people lived, how their society was structured and what effect the events I’m writing about had on their daily lives etc. I have also attended several re-enactment events which I find to be a great source of practical information, particularly about combat tactics, weaponry and clothing.
Before I start writing I put together an overview of the relevant events and locations I want to feature. The internet is very useful for this but has to be treated with caution as posts can be misleading. I confess that even where translations are available, I seldom refer back to original manuscripts as they require a degree of interpretation which, being a writer and not an historian, I consider to be beyond my expertise. I do however visit local libraries to look at old maps and also buy a detailed Ordnance Survey map of the area as this provides information about geological features which can be useful when describing terrain. These also help to establish distances between locations and such like.
From all of this I compile a ‘Factsheet’ which I keep beside me so that I can refer to it throughout the writing process. To this I add ideas and other useful snippets I come across – though not all of them will make it into the final draft.
Having done all this there is no real substitute for actually visiting the locations themselves, even though they will have changed a great deal over time. Stripping away the layers of the intervening eras to visualise how things might have looked often proves difficult but I find this ‘detective work’ fascinating.
Having done all that it is then a question of continually reading relevant books and articles and looking out for news of fresh archaeological ‘finds’ so as to be as up to date as possible.
If the devil is in the detail, then the extent to which it matters in a story may well determine whether it’s ‘fact’ or ‘fantasy’, (equally valid genres with historical fiction being somewhere in the middle). But whatever you choose to write, I find that a certain amount of detail will always help to present an authentic ‘feel’ for the period.
🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about.....The Final Reckoning by Chris Bishop
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
Twitter Handles
@CBishop_author
Hashtags
#LoveBooksTours
🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷


Comments
Post a Comment