Blog Tour- Wojtek, War Hero Bear - 8/6/18

Blog Tour - #LoveBookGroup 



Wojtek, War Hero Bear 
by Jenny Roberston




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
Wojtek, War Hero Bear

I would like to thank Kelly at Love Book Group Tours and Jenny Roberston for inviting me on the blog tour!


๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป

Book Information 


When a tiny orphaned bear cub is adopted by Polish soldiers during World War II, little does anyone guess that young Wojtek will become a war hero? As the soldiers train to take part in some of the fiercest fightings of the war, Wojtek grows bigger and stronger, providing headaches and laughter in equal measure. But at the famous Battle of Monte Cassino, Wojtek, now a fully signed-up soldier, dodges bullets and landmines and uses his great strength to carry heavy boxes of ammunition to his comrades as they inch their way to victory.
After the war, the Polish soldiers move to Scotland. Wojtek comes too and soon becomes the centre of attention in his new home in the Borders. But with hostilities ended, how long can he keep his freedom
Buy Link:  https://goo.gl/c4nRTp




There is a statue in Edinburgh of Wojtek the bear in Princes Street Gardens


๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•

My Review

5☆ A Truly Beautifully Poignant Tale

A Truly beautiful short story of survival and friendship that will play with various emotions and melt your heart, leaving you wanting more!

Wojtek pronounced 'Voy-tek' (meaning someone who enjoys a good fight) came to the army as a cub after his mum was shot.
A group of hungry children resuced him. The children trade him to Piotr and his soldiers for tinned ham, an army knife and a few coins to buy there next meal. Over the moon they took off leaving the cub in Piotr's care

Knowing once they got into the army camp their sergeant would send Wojtek to the zoo.
Piotr was not about to let that happen.
So he wraps him in a big oversized coat and sneaks him into Stan and his tent, getting Tadek to promise to also keep quiet about the cub!
Snuggled up next to Piotr, Wojtek fell sound asleep.

We follow along as Wojtek grows and becomes a vital part of the army and to help lift the spirits of the soldiers as they love and care for him.

This story also tells the heartbreak and pain the soldiers have faced from the effects of the war.

It's a heart warming yet very poignant read.
I adored Piotr and Wojtek's bond, so much trust and love. Both have lost their family but they have each other.

Wojtek warmed my heart. His cheeky behaviour and loyalty is wonderful to read. I loved how he made friends with the army Dalmatian as they played and become great friends.

Wojtek is a wonderful story of survival, new beginnings, loyalty and friendship.
This warm, at times funny
, compassionate and Vivid rich tale has absolutely stolen my heart, it's a unique book that once read will truly stay with you for a lifetime.
The illustrations are beautifully done and added a special touch.
I can't recommend this book enough!






๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป

Author Bio




Jenny Robertson has written numerous books for children and adults – fiction, non-fiction and poetry. 
Her children’s novels and Bible stories have been widely translated and also read on Yorkshire Television and STV. 


Twitter: @Jenny_Writes
#Wojtek
#LoveBooksGroupTours 



๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about........ Wojtek, War Hero Bear by Jenny Roberston


You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️



#Wojtek



๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•


Comments

  1. Great review Dashfan. I have seen a few reviews for this book and I definitely want to check it out. I really like when there are stories about this terrible time that are geared to children and told in a way that educates without traumatizing. I saw that statue when i was in Edinburgh last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla ๐Ÿ’• oh wow that's amazing. Did they have any information regarding Wojtek with the statue?
      I agree it's refreshing when you read a historical book that children can relate too. That's not too heavy or traumatic but easy to understand with some beautiful illustrations.
      I really hope you enjoy this one as much as i did.
      I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Cafรฉ

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling