Blog Tour- Absolute Darkness  - 30/6/18

Book spotlight 




Absolute Darkness 
 by Tina O’Hailey





On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
Absolute Darkness

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Tina O’Hailey for inviting me on the blog tour.

💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Book Information 

A thrill ride through time that will make you hold your breath.
Sitting by the campfire, Brandy admitted a secret to her friends. She swore she saw a ghost when exiting a cave earlier that day. Was she seeing things? Did they believe her? The next day, breaking a cardinal rule, she snuck back to the cave alone. No one knew where she was. What if she fell or was trapped? There would be no rescue.
For ten thousand years Alexander had kept the time streams of this universe safe from an eternal destructive force that continually threatened to tamper and destroy all. Locked in an unremitting battle, the two foes become sidetracked by an unexpected visitor. An entangled journey begins with chilling twists and turns until becoming locked into an inescapable death deep within a submerged cave.

Who will come out of the watery depths alive?


Purchase Links


Preorder from the publisher. 
Use code: PREORDER2018 to receive a 10% discount!
http://www.blackrosewriting.com/sci-fifantasy/absolutedarkness


💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕


GIVEAWAY


Here is My Piece of the Puzzle.....
Don't forget to follow the Tour to collect the Pieces
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️




The #FORLINEARS puzzle:
Please check out the virtual blog tour and you might find some embedded fun in the imagery.
In fact, I dare you.
Can you find the hidden puzzles that lead to an autographed book
give away?
First one to figure it out wins an autographed book.  
⬇️






💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕🎉💕

Sneak Peek Extract 



Chapter 17 Alone and doomed in the daylight.


Around and below was total darkness. Brandy sat patiently, accustomed to the dark.
“Look up, my love.” Alexander whispered.
Brandy turned her eyes skyward. As they were slowly lowered, the sky above retreated from them until it became a distant, dark circle filled with stars. Outside of that circle, dark walls sloped up over top of them and the bottom of the pit belled out. On the sloped, dark ceiling thousands of glowing dots lit the cave. As they lowered, the points of light on the ceiling and the circle of stars became a unified sea filled with points of light.
“Wow,” was all Brandy could whisper.
Seeming to hover from the darkness, glowworms clung to the ceiling everywhere. The retreating circle of celestial stars could not outshine the glowworms and for a moment Brandy was put off balance, unable to ascertain what was near and what was far for the points of light floating disembodied across her vision.
“Wow,” she said again.
She turned to Alexander; now, in the dimmest of glows, she could see the reflection in his eyes. A brief glimmer of light dancing in the darkness, he was looking at her and not the glowworms.
“This is beautiful,” she gasped, then looked back to the glowing ceiling.
She could feel Alexander moving next to her. He bent forward as if reaching to the floor of the elevator.
There was a pop and the sound of pouring. After a moment he said, “Hold your hand out.”
She complied and felt a small glass placed in her hand.
“Champagne,” he explained. “Wait…” he whispered in a jovial voice.
She heard another pour and then his voice next to her, “This is your cave. Only you and I have ever been in here. No one else ever will.” His voice faded slightly as he turned his head from her and looked around. “To me, it is the most beautiful sight. For all eternity, here I will only see us.”
He clinked her glass gently and they drank the champagne in silence, watching the sea of glowworms and stars above them.
“And now…” his voice broke the silence with a low croon.

“There’s more?” Brandy felt herself being set up from where she had leaned on him. Then the warmth of him was gone. She could feel the air next to her collapse away in a small pop. She held very still.



💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Guest Post 


When the characters fall in love and you never intended it.  
I mentioned in other blog posts that Brandy and Susan, from Absolute Darkness, are characters I created for a murder mystery. They were hot on the case solving a serial killer who left his clues in very unusual places. I was deep into the first rewrite when I moved to Tennessee and found caving.  In the murder mystery, “Running in Place”, I came up with various ways to kill the serial killer: death by alligator (a tip of the hat to my Florida upbringing), death by flaming guano in a cave (I had just found caving and found that guano, bat poo, was combustible), or death by drowning (a true fear of mine).
I paused the rewrites on that book and asked the question, “What if these ladies were cavers?”
So, I imagined the cave they would crawl in. Sitting in that cave was a character I had never met before. Alexander. He could see all of time. He was on the brink of madness. When Brandy and Susan crawled into his cave in the first three pages of the book—Alexander fell in love with Brandy.  I, in turn, was completely intrigued by him. However, I did not want to write a love interest story. I stopped writing.
Having been at the typewriter since the age of eight—I knew that the writing muse would not be denied. She is demanding and I would find my mind slipping back to imagine how Alexander came to be. I wanted to explore his world more. But I did not want to write a romance.
Stalled, I turned to research, since I do not read romance. I started reading all kinds of books that my friends recommended including “The Outlander” and a romance/vampire series that a neighbor loaned to me—all of which caused me to sincerely blush.  It was a struggle and I picked a tone for the romance portions that I felt were heartfelt and true but not too steamy. Once I figured out that portion I returned to writing the book and scavenged scenes from “Running in Place” for this new book “Absolute Darkness”.  

The romance shaped the book though and it is such a bittersweet story about Alexander’s struggle. He lives for so long that our short life spans are nothing. Yet, he falls for a linear knowing she will die. Sadder yet, he knows she will die soon and though he has tried to stop it and change time—some things cannot be changed.




💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕


Author Bio 





Tina O'Hailey (author of animation text books “Rig it Right” and “Hybrid Animation”, professor in animation, visual effects and game programming, caver and occasional mapper of grim, wet, twisty caves—if she owes a friend a favor or loses a bet—whose passion is to be secluded on a mountain and to write whilst surrounded by small, furry dogs and hot coffee) was struck by lightning as a baby.


Links:

Absolute Darkness: Virtual Blog Tour: June 28 – July 4




Absolute Darkness Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteDarknessBook

Twitter Handle is: https://twitter.com/tohailey


📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... Absolute Darkness  by Tina O’Hailey

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️




#AbsoluteDarkness




📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling