Blog Tour- The Forgotten - 13/6/18

Book spotlight - #LoveBookGroupTours




The Forgotten 
by J.V Baptie





On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
The Forgotten 

I would like to thank Kelly at Love Book Group Tours and J.V Baptie for inviting me on the blog tour.


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Book Information

What if everything was a lie?
Newly-promoted but not welcome in CID, Detective Sergeant Helen Carter is tasked with investigating a murder in an old abandoned picture house. The case takes a chilling turn when the business card of an ex-cop is found at the scene.
Helen must piece together the case before the bodies mount up around her, and before the killer strikes closer to home…

Delve into the underworld of Scotland’s capital city in this fast-paced thriller!

Praise for The Forgotten:

“A genuine page turner.” Bestselling author, Alex Gray
“Fast-paced and gritty Tartan Noir. A Brilliant Debut.” Bestselling author, Frances Di Plino
“Fans of Rebus will love this.” Thriller author, E.A Clark.
“Memorable and smart.” Tom Ward, author"

Purchase Link


Twitter Handles

@jvbaptie
@crookedcatbooks

#LoveBooksGroupTours


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Excerpt

One of the things I’m asked most is: why do you write crime fiction?
I write crime fiction because good crime fiction is addictive with a mystery that the reader gets to crack. It’s also relatable – we see crime everyday but rarely get to delve into them and see how they are solved. I think it’s now one of the most popular genres around the world. I love not being able to guess who did what and to be shocked. This is something I wanted to do with The Forgotten. I wrote the kind of crime fiction that I like and want to read. I also like to read about female characters that I can relate to, a real flawed but good person. I’ve read a wide range of crime fiction and found myself becoming frustrated with the stereotypical male detective, I think it’s been done to death. (Pun intended.) I think it’s important to write the kind of books that you love rather than what you think you should write.  Before starting this novel I dabbled in writing crime fiction short stories, one of which is free on Amazon at the moment. Go get it! Writing the short story allowed me to develop some ideas and decide what characters I’d like to develop further. DI Jack Craven who is a character that I love to write, he’s tough but with a good sense of humour. He appears in one of my early short stories too.
I’ve always been obsessed with studying why people do bad things and how they are punished which I think comes through in my writing. I also like to examine the lasting impact of crime on the victims, their families and the officers investigating these crimes.


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š
Author Bio 



J.V. Baptie graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2017 with an MA in Creative Writing. When not writing, she is also an actress and has appeared in a
variety of children’s shows and stage plays.

You can find outmore about her at jvbaptie.com on Twitter @jvbaptie and Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJVBaptie/



πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... The Forgotten by J.V Baptie





πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling