Blog Tour- We Other - 25/5/18
Blog Tour
Jess Morgan’s life has always been chaotic.
When a startling new reality cannot be denied, it’s clear that everything she believed about herself is a lie. She is linked to a world where humans – ‘hot-bloods’ – are disposable entertainment. Life on a run-down estate – her single mum’s alcoholism and violent boyfriend – become the least of Jess’s worries.
Purchase from Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/We-Other-Sue-Bentley-ebook/dp/B07D19PRGL/
We Other
by Sue Bentley
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
We Other!
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Sue Bentley for inviting me on the blog tour.
π§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️
Book Information
Family secrets, changelings, and fairies you never want to meet on a dark night.
Jess Morgan’s life has always been chaotic.
When a startling new reality cannot be denied, it’s clear that everything she believed about herself is a lie. She is linked to a world where humans – ‘hot-bloods’ – are disposable entertainment. Life on a run-down estate – her single mum’s alcoholism and violent boyfriend – become the least of Jess’s worries.
π§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️
My Review
4☆ A Dark Adult Fairy Tale.
We Other is a dark, adult fairy tale that combines fantasy with real life as paths entwined.
I am not normally a fantasy or horror reader, but something just drew me to it.
I'm actually glad I did as it was very different.
I'm not going to talk about the plot as this is a book that needs to be discovered by you.
The blurb teases just enough to draw you in.
Sue has put alot of thought and research into We Other, she creates an exotic yet dark world that combines fairies that are not the sweet twinkling one you expect, they are pretty evil, with reality. Which I loved as it put a different twist on it.
The only downside for me was how long the book was, it felt a little off putting and took several days to read. However the chapters were paced well which I really liked.
It was a tantalising and ultimately very satisfying read, it was dark in all the right places, well thought-out characters and a twisting plot.
If you are a fan of Adult Dark Fairy Stories, that combines a splash of Paranormal Rolance and a chilling thriller then you will absolutely love.... We Other!
We Other is a dark, adult fairy tale that combines fantasy with real life as paths entwined.
I am not normally a fantasy or horror reader, but something just drew me to it.
I'm actually glad I did as it was very different.
I'm not going to talk about the plot as this is a book that needs to be discovered by you.
The blurb teases just enough to draw you in.
Sue has put alot of thought and research into We Other, she creates an exotic yet dark world that combines fairies that are not the sweet twinkling one you expect, they are pretty evil, with reality. Which I loved as it put a different twist on it.
The only downside for me was how long the book was, it felt a little off putting and took several days to read. However the chapters were paced well which I really liked.
It was a tantalising and ultimately very satisfying read, it was dark in all the right places, well thought-out characters and a twisting plot.
If you are a fan of Adult Dark Fairy Stories, that combines a splash of Paranormal Rolance and a chilling thriller then you will absolutely love.... We Other!
π§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️
Exclusive Video Content
& Guest Post
Yes, in essence, that’s what I do. I make thing up. You could say I tell lies – really big, complex ones. I fabricate characters and settings and expect readers to care about people who don’t exist. I do my best to convince them that my characters and the world they inhabit are real. In short I have become an expert in deceit. (You can get ten years for that!)
I’m afraid I’m shameless about this. I have no choice in the matter. The art of writing a short story or a novel, is to persuade the reader to go along with one on a journey of pretend. In fact, to weave such a feasible web of lies that one lures the reader into that magical state, which is ‘suspension of disbelief’.
When I discovered books at a young age, I ate up books, simply couldn’t get enough of them. But I wasn’t consciously aware of how a book came into being. I loved getting lost in whatever I was reading. It was only later that I realised there was an architect behind each book. Oh, that’s what the name on the cover was about? That ‘someone’ was an actual person, who had dreamed up whatever I was reading from their imagination. Wow. It was like magic. (It was quite a bit later, before I made the shift to thinking - if that ‘someone’ could make up stories, maybe I could, too.) So what, if books are all ‘tall stories’? The bigger and more dramatic the ‘lies’, the more exciting and enjoyable the plot, the better. I chose to believe in the imaginary worlds within books. I had suspended my disbelief. I was hooked.
And now that I make my living from writing, the art of pretence, fabrication and telling lies is part of my stock-in-trade. To begin with, I must strive to believe my own lies. It’s important that my characters become so convincing - so ‘real’ to me - they take on a life of their own. How else can I expect the reader to care about them? I need to ‘hear’ my characters speaking to me, each with their own distinctive voice. In my completed novel the reader should be able to tell which of them is ‘on stage’ from dialogue alone.
The same principles come into play when creating backgrounds and settings. Some writers use actual places they know or have visited, especially for contemporary novels. I do this to some extent, but as there’s often a strong fantasy element in my books I also make a lot of things up. Of course that is true of all novelists. A writer of thrillers doesn’t need to murder anyone or commit a crime. A writer of historical fiction can take as much or as little licence with the facts as they wish. Like me, they are not above twisting facts, features and places to add drama.
It was nerve-wracking when I first revealed my characters at writing group meetings. To hear people speaking about them as if they were actual, living persons, felt very odd indeed. And it was just as strange to discuss fellow writers’ make-believe characters and worlds, and offer opinions about ‘pretend’ problems and issues. (I think there’s a little of the psychologist in every writer.)
Jess Morgan, my main character in We Other, feels completely three-dimensional to me. I’ve lived with her for some years, talked about her a lot, and can see her clearly. She has her faults. She’s difficult and far from perfect. But I know everything about her, all the complex reasons why she’s the way she is. I’m very fond of her. It’s the same for every other character in We Other. They have all become part of me. I know their hopes and fears, what motivates them, what secrets they hide. While, working, walking, travelling - they’re with me. In any given situation, I might ask myself, what Jess, or Caleb, or Alice would do. And that may well translate into a scene in the book. The world I’ve built in We Other feels just as real. I can almost smell it. Almost touch it. I believe my own lies. Job done.
But there comes a time when I must let go of my creations. From existing only in my imagination they have sprung to life within the pages of a book. They no longer belong to me and must go out into the world to work their magic on readers, who I hope will fall in love with them, too. They might hate them, of course, but that’s fine just as long as they believe in them.
Thanks so much for hosting me for the We Other blog tour.
π§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️
Giveaway
Giveaway - Win a signed copy of We Other and a personal letter
(open internationally)
*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome. Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below. The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over. Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data. I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.
π§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️
Author Bio
Sue Bentley discovered a love of books at an early age. She worked for Northamptonshire Libraries for many years, while teaching herself the craft of writing. She is the author of the worldwide bestselling Magic Kitten, Magic Puppy, Magic Ponies, Magic Bunny series for age 5-9 years. She also writes for children and adults under various pen names. A lover of English Folklore, her books often contain elements of the otherworld and the darkness within the everyday. Her books have been translated into around 20 languages. We Other is her first book for Young Adults.
Social Media Links – https://twitter.com/suebentleywords https://facebook.com/suebentleyauthor https://instagram.com/therealsuebentley https://www.suebentley.co.uk
π§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about.....We Other by Sue Bentley
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below⬇️
#WeOther
ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️ππ§♂️




Comments
Post a Comment