Blog Tour - Faceless - 31/5/18

Book spotlight


Faceless
By Rob Ashman




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Faceless

I would like to thank Sarah Hardy from Bloodhound Books and Rob Ashman for inviting me on the blog tour

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Book Information 

After surviving a vicious knife attack, which left her husband dead, DI Rosalind Kray returns to work and is handed a serial killer investigation.

This killer is different, he doesn’t just want to take the lives of his victims, he wants to obliterate their very existence. The murders appear random but the killer selects his quarry with meticulous care.

While fighting her superiors Kray must conquer her own demons, which are tearing her apart.

Kray has the ability to think like a killer and her skills lead to a series of horrifying revelations that turn the case on its head. She believes she is getting close, then her world comes crashing down with devastating consequences.

Will Kray find the murderer and escape with her own life in tact?

The truth is closer than she could have ever imagined…

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Guest Post

The day the voices came back.


Like many authors the inspiration for my writing comes from the voices in my head which is never a great thing to admit in public - I can see my friends rolling their eyes. When I completed the Mechanic Trilogy the voices fell silent which was a weird feeling. For years they had been my constant companion, from the time I woke in the morning to the time I fell asleep at night, they were always there, competing for my attention. And now everything was quiet.

I dealt with this sudden change in a cool and mature manner - okay, so I panicked. I did the typical drama-queen-author-thing of running around the house waving my hands in the air saying ‘It’s all gone, I’ll never write anything again’. And this continued for a few months, driving my wife up the wall. So much to her relief, and to prevent myself going into complete meltdown, I took a short-term contract to work in Blackpool.

One evening I was doing the usual sad bloke, working away from home, dinner for one in the hotel restaurant, when out of the blue this new voice started talking to me. He told me about his life, how he was abused as a child, how he killed his father when he was fourteen years of age and then later killed his mother. He told me how people treated him as though he was invisible but with what he had in mind they sure as hell would take notice of him soon.

This continued on and off for about six weeks and at the end of the contract I had written around five-thousand words of him talking to me. No plotline, no storyline, simply him speaking. This formed the basis of Faceless.

Jason was quickly followed by DI Rosalind Kray who is an absolute delight to write about and now features in two further books. In many ways she is as damaged as Jason, which gives her the ability to think like him. It is a real game of cat and mouse between the two.

I have to admit to feeling nervous about publishing Faceless. I had such an amazing response to the Mechanic Trilogy it is a daunting prospect to release something new. Fingers crossed it hits the mark for people.

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Author Bio 




Rob is married to Karen with two grown up daughters. He is originally from South Wales and after moving around with work settled in North Lincolnshire where he’s spent the last twenty-two years.
Like all good welsh valley boys Rob worked for the National Coal Board after leaving school at sixteen and went to University at the tender age of twenty-three when the pit closures began to bite. Since then he’s worked in a variety of manufacturing and consulting roles both in the UK and abroad.
It took Rob twenty-four years to write his first book. He only became serious about writing it when his dad got cancer. It was an aggressive illness and Rob gave up work for three months to look after him and his mum. Writing Those That Remain became his coping mechanism. After he wrote the book his family encouraged him to continue, so not being one for half measures, Rob got himself made redundant, went self-employed so he could devote more time to writing and four years later the Mechanic Trilogy is the result.
When he is not writing, Rob is a frustrated chef with a liking for beer and prosecco, and is known for occasional outbreaks of dancing.
Rob published the Mechanic Trilogy with Bloodhound Books in 2017 and will be releasing three new books during 2018. These are titled: Faceless, This Little Piggy and Suspended Retribution.


Links:

Twitter: @RobAshmanAuthor


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so 
we can get Everyone Reading and 
Talking about...... Faceless

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -